Thread: Value?

Spyder Garage

Default Value?

I don’t know if this is the correct place to post this but here it is.
    I really want to get a F3 Limited. But would need to sell my current Spyder first.
    I need some honest opinions of what I should ask for price. I would love to get $24k for it but I don’t think that’s going to happen. I paid $17k for it 2 years ago & have put about $7k into it. Here is the specs & add-ons. Please let me know what you think.
    2015 F3S SE6 9k miles
    BRP backrest
    Gel insert in driver seat
    2up shock
    Route 129 windshield
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Belt tensioner with upgraded pulley
    Bump Skid
    USB charging & phone mount
    Lamonster:
    LED headlights
    LED fog lights
    LED taillights
    CAT delete pipe
    Front & rear wheel balancers
    FOBO tire system
    Shad saddles bags
    Shad Top case & mount
    Short reach bars
    4 position pegs
    Rear fender delete
    Foam grips
    Gold plugs
    Laser alignment
    Fomozas front tires
    Monster ECU flash Stage 1
    Warranty until January of 2021
    Probably a couple other things too that I forgot.
    2015 F3S-T , Black Black & Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Look up the bike at KBB.com. Find the average retail listed. That's technically what its worth. Looks like you have lots of extra's but really they are worth nothing unless a buyer sees value in them.

Spyder Garage

Problem is most people especially someone who might just get into spyders is comparing yours with another used or new one which is barebone. I did same thing when i bought my first spyder i went for a cheaper one thinking I'm saving thousand bucks not realizing have f'ing expensive upgrades were. Why not just keep some of this stuff for your F3 limited ?

Spyder Garage

When buying a vehicle and you have a trade-in, what they will give you for yours is not important. Neither is the price of their vehicle. What IS important is the CASH DIFFERENCE - what you will have to come up with to fill the cost gap between the two. Bargain for the lowest cash difference. And bargain for the vehicle the way you want it to appear as you drive it away with all the extras. Now go and sic 'em!
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donhy View Post
    Problem is most people especially someone who might just get into spyders is comparing yours with another used or new one which is barebone. I did same thing when i bought my first spyder i went for a cheaper one thinking I'm saving thousand bucks not realizing have f'ing expensive upgrades were. Why not just keep some of this stuff for your F3 limited ?
    I thought about that but there would be only a few things that I would keep from it. Plus, I would rather have all brand new accessories with a brand new bike.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    When buying a vehicle and you have a trade-in, what they will give you for yours is not important. Neither is the price of their vehicle. What IS important is the CASH DIFFERENCE - what you will have to come up with to fill the cost gap between the two. Bargain for the lowest cash difference. And bargain for the vehicle the way you want it to appear as you drive it away with all the extras. Now go and sic 'em!
    This makes no sense!

Spyder Garage

Default Sadly....

KBB has the 2015 F3S Se6 in good condition and normal milage at $14,500. Many of the extras are often better sold seperately. Many take them off and offer them here or other sites. They did not show a Limited but you can also check NADA for prices or checl local listings in your area or used at dealers in your area for a better estimate....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    This makes no sense!
    What I have to dig out of my pocket is what matters to me. Not what my trade is worth, or how much their's costs, but what I have to cough up. If they quote more than I want to cough up, I walk. And I get a phone call the next morning at the latest. I only pay what I want to pay.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    KBB has the 2015 F3S Se6 in good condition and normal milage at $14,500. Many of the extras are often better sold seperately. Many take them off and offer them here or other sites. They did not show a Limited but you can also check NADA for prices or checl local listings in your area or used at dealers in your area for a better estimate....
    on the above.. and Farkles aren't worth what you Paid for them during re-sale …… Except in this scenario .. For Sale Spyder #1.-- all orig. OEM …… Spyder#2- loaded like yours …… if they are priced approx.the same …… YOUR Spyder will sell sooner...…. I wish you all the luck in the world on your sale, and I don't comment on Ads that Don't ask for advice e- but you did …… Mike

Spyder Garage

average price return on accessories is less than 50%, maybe even 25%
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

There is no way that you are going to get $24K for a machine you purchased two years ago for $17K.

Farkles add little to none when it comes to value. You will be lucky to get current NADA or KBB value for your particular model and year. If you are doing a trade they will offer you $3K to $4K less than blue book.

You might get lucky trying to sell it here to a private party. Expect blue book less $2K or so for that. Five hundred looks and no bites indicate price to high. Wish you the best on your sale.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Pricing will probably be between trade in value and private party value. As for the extras or farkles, you can expect to get about 25% of their value if they are on the bike, and maybe between 33-50% if you remove and sell separately. GLWS
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I traded my 2015 F3-S with 14k miles for a new 2017 F3-T with the faster sprocket and then I plan to put a top case on it. I think I got 13K but I got a great price for the new F3-T but that was almost 2 years ago. Both are great machines. Don't plan on making any money off your add-ons. I took what I could off my 2015 and transferred the items to the 2017. Good Luck

Spyder Garage

I think if I can get $17,500 I’d be happy. Any less just doesn’t seem to be worth it. Maybe I can donate it & take the tax write off. Any offers?

Spyder Garage

If it was me, I'd strip most of the add-ons and try to sell them either here or Ebay. The only thing that does increase the book value is the extended warranty. Just my 2 cents worth.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

I will start. I am WTB a OEM drivers backrest if the price is right...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cgoettig View Post
    I will start. I am WTB a OEM drivers backrest if the price is right...
    $17,500 for the backrest & I’ll throw in the pink slip for free!

Spyder Garage

The hard thing with Spyders is they seem to really lose value quickly. It is just reality. This years backpeddaling on new model pricing is a wildcard that further depresses the used values, until the water settles out again. It used to be that Harleys held their value over their lifetime, but Harleys depreciate quickly now too. If you buy a motorcyle/Spyder and trade it off quickly, you'll probably be eating a good deal of the purchase price. Also, the extras you put on to make something yours, probably will not hold much value for the next person - beyond having an upgrade that makes it a bit more desirable but at Nada/KBB low retail (or less) pricing. For those reasons, I've always bought cared-for cycles that were not the latest greatest sparkling thing on the showroom floor, so that someone else ate the bulk of the depreciation before deciding either to move on or that the sport wasn't for them. But... that's just me.

Spyder Garage

David I think that is most of us that can't buy new. In buying and selling motorcycles over the last 50 years I have never been able to been able to sell a bike I rode for awhile for more then I paid for it regardless of mileage. I wish you luck. Start where you want then reduce price as necessary to stimulate interest. If you need a quick sale you will need an attractive price.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

To give you an idea although i'm in different part of the country, I'm far east. I just paid $11,000USD (15,000CAD) for a 2015 F3-S SE6 with 5600miles on it, all stock with the exception of backrest and blueridge windshield added and a cover.

Spyder Garage

In my humble opinion you should see the market price of the vehicle without accessories.
    If you keep the original parts you could reassemble them and sell the accessories separately
    cause what you think are improvements may not be valued by the future buyer.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JS3535 View Post
    $17,500 for the backrest & I’ll throw in the pink slip for free!
    Think I can explain this to my wife? She did say that I could get a backrest. Hmm...