Spyder Garage

Default Considering a Ryker, read this..

Like me, I'm sure that you have done extensive research on this and other forms as well as YouTube. You have undoubtedly seen several posts about problems as extreme as wheels falling off.

I have now loogged over 1,200 miles on my Ryker Rally, and can tell you that I am absolutely thrilled with this vehicle; and no, I do not work for Can Am.

I have logged I am sure well over a 250,000 miles on many 2 wheel motorcycles including a VTX 1800, FJR 1300 sport touring, Gold Wing, etc. And 3 years ago, I purchased my 1st tryke, that being a Can-Am ST Limited and loggged 46,000 miles on that tryke before picking up my Ryker Rally. Many would say that I traded down significantly from previous bikes.

So, I have a considerable amount of experience and can tell you that I have had absolutely no mechanical issues with this machine. I am happy with its fit and finish with just a couple of exceptions that are not significant.

We all should recognize that these forms are extremely useful for problem solving. When I have had an issue with my bikes, I go to the forms well before I consider going to a dealer. So many of the posts you will find on the web forums / Youtube/ etc. will be more heavily weighted towards problem solving rather than praising a vehicle.

So, I wanted to go officially on record to praise the Can Am Ryker. I believe they have hit a home run with this vehicle particularly at its price point.

It might be interesting for other Ryker owners who have had similar experience sound off here so that potential purchasers can get a more balanced view of this fantastic, fun filled machine.

This is my public service announcement for today

Spyder Garage

So, I DID sort of work for BRP ( I owned a dealership until about a month ago) and when it came time to pick a "keeper" ( until recently I simply had a new demonstrator to ride each year) I chose a Ryker Rally. Since then, I have put about 2,700 miles on her and I am convinced I kept the right 3 wheeler. I simply enjoy riding a Ryker far more than any of the Spyders I've had over the years. It is much more fun in the twisties, it doesn't jump around when at upper highway speeds around tractor-trailers, and I really like the "small" feel it has around town. All it needs to be perfect for me is a left side saddlebag to match the right! Put me down as a very happy Ryker Rider!

Spyder Garage

I also have 1.500 mls on mine - most in the alps and sometimes 2up - I love the performance with the adds ons (FOX/Sway-bar-Toyo..) - everyone should be sensible if he reads something like this falling-of-wheel story (his ryker still looks like brand new - after that ??)
    had a GS and an RT the last 10 years (62.000 kms) and no Problems - always a good feeling with BRP Products !!
    so I will ride my Ryker like every day ..lot of fun !!
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

I put 60 miles of twisties on my Ryker yesterday testing out the prototype sway bar. This is an awesome machine, in my opinion. It's quick, responsive, handles amazingly well, easy to ride, and just a whole lot of fun. It's bare bones and you have to take what it is designed to do into consideration when you purchase. If the Ryker will do what you're looking to accomplish, I think you're going to be thrilled with it.

There have been a few, minor bumps in the road. I think this is to be expected. But this 'Wheel Falling Off' thing is, in my opinion, getting blown way out of proportion. You just can't put a lot of stock in angry statements from an owner who doesn't really know what he's talking about. Poor or faulty dealer prep and assembly is not the Ryker's fault. Someone really messed this poor guy up with very sloppy work. If I am right. Some heads need to roll at that dealership. Work like that is bad for everyone concerned.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 04-14-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I put 60 miles of twisties on my Ryker yesterday testing out the prototype sway bar. This is an awesome machine, in my opinion. It's quick, responsive, handles amazingly well, easy to ride, and just a whole lot of fun. It's bare bones and you have to take what it is designed to do into consideration when you purchase. If the Ryker will do what you're looking to accomplish, I think you're going to be thrilled with it.

There have been a few, minor bumps in the road. I think this is to be expected. But this 'Wheel Falling Off' thing is, in my opinion, getting blown way out of proportion. You just can't put a lot of stock in angry statements from an owner who doesn't really know what he's talking about. Poor or faulty dealer prep and assembly is not the Ryker's fault. Someone really messed this poor guy up with very sloppy work. If I am right. Some heads need to roll at that dealership. Work like that is bad for everyone concerned.
    How is that new Sway Bar coming along ?
    2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vstrommer View Post
    How is that new Sway Bar coming along ?
    It's awesome! I am very happy with it. I need to ride it in the rain some to confirm it's function in less than ideal traction situations. But if it passes this test, and I think it will, I'm ready to go into production. This process always takes longer than I'd hoped. If this were all I had to do it would have been done by now for sure. But it's not. So, just a bit longer.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

I have 1,200 miles on the Ryker Rally and 70,000 plus on 3 Spyders with the F3 I still own. The Ryker is the Hoots, Gonna kill me or put me in Jail for I don't now what But it is a Lot of Fun! I picture the Ryker and F3 being in the garage for a Long time. Just wish the Seat was a comfortable as the Stock F3 Seat.
    It Will benefit a LOT from the sway Bar!!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

1600 miles in about 6 weeks on my Ryk and I'm loving it. I'm even thinking of selling my Bonnie and CTX700. Fun in mountains especially on long sweepers and ok for interstate travel if one keeps in mind that it's no Gold Wing. Like the idea of Ryker and the exicution of it. Canam hit the bull's eye.
    CENTAUR
    "IT'S BETTER TO BE SHOT OUT OF A CANNON THAN SQUEEZED OUT OF A TUBE"-Dr. HS Thompson

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post

Shawn Smoak mentioned this case in his latest daily vlog and, along with an earlier "unboxing" video he did with the Rykers, confirmed it's the same as the Spyders; the wheels come un-mounted and it's the dealer's responsibility to mount the wheels correctly.
    Trb-- (Roger)

2014 Cognac STL:Ultimate Seat, Nelson Rigg Tail Pack, Nelson Rigg RS/ST Half Cover, TL fender lights, Squared Away Laser Alignment, BajaRon sway bar and links, Akropovic Sport Silencer
    2022 White Pearl F3T
    Gone but not forgotten: 2019 F3S Special Series Liquid Titanium

Spyder States Visited

Spyder Garage

Another VERY satisfied Ryker customer here. We got my wife a 900 Ryker and I now ride it just as much (if not more) than my F3T. It is one of the funnest vehicles I have ever ridden.

Just passed 500 trouble-free miles, and everything is absolutely on point with the machine. Tracks straight as an arrow at 70+ mph and came full of gear oil (two biggest issues I have read about).

DO NOT GET SCARED AWAY! THESE MACHINES ARE EPIC!
    2017 F3-T SM6 (his)| BajaRon Sway Bar, Lamonster Bright Ryder
    2019 Ryker 900 (hers) | Sport Grips, Gauge Spoiler, Rear Spoiler, Wheel Inserts/Decals