Spyder Garage

Default What is optimal set-up for Phone/helmet/BRP/iPod

OK, so I've ridden a while and played with all the buttons, but I'm not sure I have all the bluetooth / aux / and phone connections completely proper for optimal use.

Here is what I'm hoping to accomplish somehow. View a map on the dash, it doesn't even need to speak directions, just show me where I'm going, prefer Rever I like the tracking, while listening to the iPod or radio through my helmet not the dash. Fantasy land I could switch between radio and iPod once I get out of radio range and still have all sound in the helmet.

1. I have the iPod plugged into the Aux, just confirming, I can only control the volume, no song changes or anything. Newer iPod with lightning connection and my 2018 RT Limited doesn't have a 12 pin connector option for an older iPod.

2. Phone (iPhone 8) is in the frunk plugged into the USB. BRP Connect app installed, but it's a total joke. Crashes, locks and generally fails to show me anything useful. Also, I don't seem to have the option of listening to the radio through my helmet speakers if anything is plugged in, only the dash. Any way around this?

I've tried plugging my iPod into the USB and that seems to give me more control over the music selection, but I still can only send the sound to the dash, am I doing something wrong or is that the way it works if something is plugged into the USB?

Equipment I'm working with, slightly newer iPod nano, I think it's a 5 or 6, iPhone 8, and Sena 10S intercom in a mag 9 helmet. (no ipod port with the Mag 9 mount)

So suggestions on what I need to reconfigure, or if I just need to suck it up and pick the most important thing and deal with it. Sorry for being so long winded, but tried to include as many specific details as possible.
    2021 RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

First off go to you dealer and get the dash software updated. It should be 20.8. The phone should be both connected with cable AND bluetooth. Data through cable, sound through bluetooth. Do not pair your headset to the phone but to the bike. You don't need an iPod as the phone will have all the music and you can control what you play as well as volume. You plug the phone into the USB connector in the front cargo but leave the phone jack disconnected. You can plug an iPod into that but not sure what you'll get as I have my music on the phone.

Go to the newer 2019 operators manual and you'll find better instructions for how all this works. http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/I...1-dd81ed1d971c
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Genius and Sygic GPS both require a cost to have and connect to the bike. Rever is dependent on cell service for map data unlike the other two that have the map data on the phone. You can use Rever and one of the GPS apps at the same time.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red