Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Spyder Garage

I saw a Youtuber "safety wire" his lock clips. He used zip ties, might be a good idea, don't think it can hurt.
    Well, on that note....It's time to saddle up Quasimoto and ride....

Spyder Garage

Video unavailable on my computer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SamH1 View Post
    I have 2021 Ryker rally 900 that is 2 months old. My front wheel went flying off at low speed. I could have been seriously hurt. There was surveillance footage of the wheel coming off. I posted the video on youtube. The wheels are held together just by a knob and a thin pin.
    *I found the link….

https://youtu.be/63-AzBL3dsQ

Spyder Garage

This goes back to the 2019 model year when this first began happening to those Rykers assembled in February 2019 and after. It was established that the issue was related to a change in the bar stock the wheel nuts were made from. This change resulted in SOME wheel nuts developing cracks in them. BRP changed the wheel nuts in mid to late 2019 and issued a recall for all Rykers made after February 2019. BRP issued a recall for all Rykers for all Rykers made prior to the February 2019 date in October 2020. All Rykers now should have the new wheel nuts, identified by one short tooth. It is best practice to still check the wheel nuts periodically for any cracking or loosening of the wire safety pins. If you have a socket and torque wrench of the proper specs, you should check for proper torque on the wheel nuts.
    Current: 2022 CAN AM F3S SS. Manta Green, Route 129 windscreen.

Previous:CAN AM Ryker Rally. Intense black, side case , comfort drivers seat, comfort passenger seat with back r test, wind screen, LED auxiliary lighting.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

Still only one post from the guy claiming the wheel fell off on its own.

Hmmmm.....

Spyder Garage

Ryker wheels falling off

I have a 2020 Ryker Rally 900. It has 19,000 miles on it. On my way home, about 300 miles from home, I lost my right front wheel. I check my wheels before every ride. 200 miles into my ride, on an interstate going 65 mph my right front wheel came off and went right angle to me, thankfully over a grass embankment. Luckily, I was in the right lane. I was able to apply the brake lightly, which kept the rotor on, being the brake pads holding it on. If I had not applied the brake, the rotor would have come off also. If that had happened the axle would have dug into the pavement and possibly flipped the bike. No sign of the wheel anywhere. It is in for repair as I speak. Here are some photos of the result. Don't believe the Ryker Rally wheels will not come off. I think mine fell off due to the recalls of the spring clips broke and/or the nut cracked. My vin# is not listed as a recall bike, but I have not removed the wheels on my bike ever. I purchased my bike 2 months before the two wheel recalls were released. Please be careful this doesn't happen to you.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-03-2023 at 07:48 PM. Reason: Moved post title - many won't see them and they mess with Searching! ;-)

Spyder Garage

there are two recalls for 2020's and 0ne for 2019 Rykers for wheel nuts incorrectly torqued and cracking on Can-ams website: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/nz/en...y-recalls.html

I'll be checking they have been done on any affected bike I buy.

Spyder Garage

Even Spyder owners need to be aware of their wheels. I just bought a new Spyder from a dealer and nearly lost my right front wheel. The lug nuts had not been sufficiently tightened by the dealership when they prepped the Spyder. I caught the wobbling of the wheel as I came to a stop for a train crossing. I found one lug nut missing, one almost off, and one that was under tight. The left lugs were also under tight.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rykerrally View Post
    Ryker wheels falling off

I have a 2020 Ryker Rally 900. It has 19,000 miles on it. On my way home, about 300 miles from home, I lost my right front wheel. I check my wheels before every ride. 200 miles into my ride, on an interstate going 65 mph my right front wheel came off and went right angle to me, thankfully over a grass embankment. Luckily, I was in the right lane. I was able to apply the brake lightly, which kept the rotor on, being the brake pads holding it on. If I had not applied the brake, the rotor would have come off also. If that had happened the axle would have dug into the pavement and possibly flipped the bike. No sign of the wheel anywhere. It is in for repair as I speak. Here are some photos of the result. Don't believe the Ryker Rally wheels will not come off. I think mine fell off due to the recalls of the spring clips broke and/or the nut cracked. My vin# is not listed as a recall bike, but I have not removed the wheels on my bike ever. I purchased my bike 2 months before the two wheel recalls were released. Please be careful this doesn't happen to you.
    Yikes! That looks like it must have been pretty scary. Good to hear that you didn't get hurt.
    I wonder if yours somehow should have been part of the recall...?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-03-2023 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display ;-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rykerrally View Post
    Ryker wheels falling off

Wondering who pays the repair bill? As it's not the result of an accident I doubt your insurance would cover it? (they usually exclude mechanical breakdown unless you have a specific exemption)
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-03-2023 at 07:50 PM. Reason: the... ; brakedown... ; } ;-)

Spyder Garage

I totally believe it should be. I would like to know what vin # they decide should or should not be included.

Spyder Garage

As of right now my insurance is planning on covering it. But I am not giving up on BRP covering this in the recall. They need to proof to me my bike could not be part of the recalls.

Spyder Garage

I am not sure how much you really know about the Ryker rally, but you saying the wheel WILL NOT COME OFF is a total joke. 1. They have 2 recalls on the Ryker wheels. Year 2019 2020. The nut has been known to crack and the spring has a recall on not staying in the hole to keep it on. I know for a fact it will come off. I was riding at 65 mph on a straight highway. I look to the right side and saw my right front wheel traveling across the field. I did not flip, only due to my applying the brake which held the rotor on, otherwise the rotor would have come off also and the shaft would dig into the pavement and definitely flipped me. so saying I could have been seriously injured or killed, YES sir I could have. Nothing more to say. I advise you to do your research before making a statement as you did. Please see photos to verify this actually did happen to me. Sorry for being blunt, but unlike WilliamTRyker, It did happen to me. I am glad he caught it before a serious accident happened. My insurance did pay all but my deductible, but I currently have a claim complaint in with BRP that the dealer would not acknowledge the recall regardless of time frame or vin number. Those wheels have not been off that bike since I bought it in 2020. Why now would they just fall off.

PXL_20230507_180604770.jpg

PXL_20230507_180604770.jpg PXL_20230509_143155057.jpg

PXL_20230507_180604770.jpg PXL_20230507_180627088.jpg
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 07-03-2023 at 07:51 PM. Reason: Fixed attach display ;-)

Spyder Garage

RykerRally, this thread does have just a few posts in it already, and it dates back to 2019, so it might help us to identify which 'YOU' you're referring to above if you at least include their username in your post; or maybe you could use the 'Reply with Quote' button down in the Bottom Right corner of the applicable post that you're responding to (altho you really shouldn't usually need to quote the post immediately before your reply ) Thanks
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!