Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

The axle nut and locking clip are almost exactly the same as what is used to hold on the wheels of fighter jets. I worked on them for years. About the only difference is they have a cap over everything.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Usetacould View Post
    The axle nut and locking clip are almost exactly the same as what is used to hold on the wheels of fighter jets. I worked on them for years. About the only difference is they have a cap over everything.
    Not sure what aircraft you're talking about but you won't find that Micky Mouse red clip design on anything but a Can Am. The retaining clip is an absolute joke - put a stainless steel pin though the axle /nut. The Goofy clip is not secure for even a push toy!

Mike
    Military Drone Designer & Pilot
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

I don't see a problem with the red retaining clip and I actually own a Rally

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdleUp View Post
    Not sure what aircraft you're talking about but you won't find that Micky Mouse red clip design on anything but a Can Am. The retaining clip is an absolute joke - put a stainless steel pin though the axle /nut. The Goofy clip is not secure for even a push toy!

Mike
    Coming from an RC pilot :-)))))))

Spyder Garage

Mike
    Why did you make a post earlier asking people about the Ryker pretending to be interested in purchasing one? Sounds like you already have an opinion on them.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Why did you make a post earlier asking people about the Ryker pretending to be interested in purchasing one? Sounds like you already have an opinion on them.

It was not me who said that - in fact I'm heading down to Atlanta to go ride one!

Ride Safe

Mike
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Insane View Post
    Coming from an RC pilot :-)))))))
    Not only an RC pilot but a pilot who designed the first Military front line surveillance drones with 26 ft rotor spans. I've been in this aviation thing for 40+ years now!

www.rotory.com
    www.rotory.com

Spyder Garage

the way how BRP fix the wheels on the Rykers is the same like on DUCATI or KTM motorcycles .. never heard that there is a problem if the wheels are installed in the "right" way ..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Not only an RC pilot but a pilot who designed the first Military front line surveillance drones with 26 ft rotor spans. I've been in this aviation thing for 40+ years now!

www.rotory.com
    Mike, You are a legend. Started flying R/C models in the 80's and flew a Hirobo Shuttle back then. I remember all the contests you won back in the day. Today mostly fly 60 size heli's and quad copters. Did not know you were a Ham as well (KA2PFL). Was also into ATV back in the 80's too but only used in on R/C vehicles.

Welcome to the world of Spyders, Take Care Louie
    2015 RTL , Red

Spyder Garage

Seems lots of folks form opinions about the Ryker without even test riding one. Opinions are like, well, you know, everyone has one.

Spyder Garage

I have 2021 Ryker rally 900 that is 2 months old. My front wheel went flying off at low speed. I could have been seriously hurt. There was surveillance footage of the wheel coming off. I posted the video on youtube. The wheels are held together just by a knob and a thin pin.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SamH1 View Post
    I have 2021 Ryker rally 900 that is 2 months old. My front wheel went flying off at low speed. I could have been seriously hurt. There was surveillance footage of the wheel coming off. I posted the video on youtube. The wheels are held together just by a knob and a thin pin.
    Could you post a link to this Youtube video?

Spyder Garage

I just looked at YouTube for the past weeks new videos. I didn't see anything about a wheel flying off.

Spyder Garage

First post by SamH1

Let's see if he posts the video in question. Many would like to see it.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    I just looked at YouTube for the past weeks new videos. I didn't see anything about a wheel flying off.
    Me too....I found nothing.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    Me too....I found nothing.
    Could be the video was posted any time in the last couple of months... Did either of you search back that far??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Video shown in post #117 shows a date in the header of 9/3/21. The date shown in the actual video is not totally visible to me except for the 09....

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Video shown in post #117 shows a date in the header of 9/3/21. The date shown in the actual video is not totally visible to me except for the 09....
    Watch real close, it does show 09-02-2021. The 02-2021 is a real quick flash. So SamH1, we all will be interested in what the problem was, so please let us know...WE don't want to start assuming yet. We been through all that before.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Inquiring minds want to know. If the wheel falling off was a truly random event then how did some person just happen to be standing there videoing the Ryker just as it happened. The shaking of the camera tells you that it was not a security cam.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Inquiring minds want to know. If the wheel falling off was a truly random event then how did some person just happen to be standing there videoing the Ryker just as it happened. The shaking of the camera tells you that it was not a security cam.
    The shaking is because the security cam footage is being recorded by a cell phone it looks like.

Spyder Garage

It was a video of a video, the guy was taking a video off a screen. That was the shaky picture.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

sorry to hear about that, it would suck. Wouldn't be the first time something came off a car or truck or motorcycle (or plane for that matter) because someone at the dealership, factory, etc didn't do something. Heck, at least once a year you read about money bags falling out of armored trucks because the person employed didn't close/shut the door properly. We are only human. My buddy owns a pool install company, on Friday I was helping him and his crew out and we opened the box for the pool pump to find out someone didn't put two of the three required hoses in the box. We were in the boondocks with no cell reception, so 30 min drive to find a hardware store to buy some hose to finish the job. Happens all the time.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It has the smell of a attempt to place the blame elsewhere and for a suspicious reason........aside from a proper tire mounting issue.
    Dean O
    Gran Pa Hoon
    Founder San Jose BMW
    Builder of the Motorcyclist Cafe Barn and Bunkhouse
    Alamogordo, NM

'20 Spyder F3 L

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by old Timer View Post
    It has the smell of a attempt to place the blame elsewhere and for a suspicious reason........aside from a proper tire mounting issue.

Not to mention that the pre-ride inspection suggested by the operator's guide (2021, pg 86) may have prevented this.

LOCKING CLIP OF THE CENTER LOCK WHEEL: Check if all locking clips are properly installed. If not, DO NOT USE THE VEHICLE and have it transport to an authorized BRP dealer.