Spyder Garage

Default This is how to do limited edition

With the 10th anniversary edition past history, BRP might take notice of how some of the two wheeled manufacturers do a limited edition model for sale on a yearly basis. Just food for thought.

https://blog.motorcycle.com/2019/03/...-edition-bike/

Al in Kazoo
    All the great movements in the world began with a cup of coffee!

2018 F3-T

My mods: Can am Trailer hitch, USB and 12 volt power outlets, Gustason windshield, Bead rider seat cushion, battery harness for electric gear and battery tender, Time out trailer.
    2018 F3-T , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

They should, But I don't think it gets people to buy em like myself. I think the spyder is special enough and keeps improving , the ryker will probably take off quickly on sales.
    I had an L.E. car once and found out it was three gold badges, that was it............Limited = three special badges-stupid me.

L.E. are nice but it seems to me it just more $ for the same foundation, maybe some good talking at a fuel stop.

Yes I do have a Limited RT = stitching on back rest and I didn't buy it for that, I like the color!

Thanks for the share - good looking Indians for sure.
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Spyder Garage

Interesting stuff...those limited editions.

I had an limited editon (cant even remember the name) Subaru Forester. Got nothing back for it when I traded it in.

I have only heard of two people that bought the BRP 10th Anniversary, limited edition Spyder. Going to be interesting to see if they gain any value. I am thinking not. The Premier editions GS and RTS were both a joke as far as extra value. I also had a Premier RTS.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-13-2019 at 01:38 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Interesting stuff...those limited editions.

I had an limited editon (cant even remember the name) Subaru Forester. Got nothing back for it when I traded it in.

I have only heard of two people that bought the BRP limited edition Spyder. Going to be interesting to see if they gain any value. I am thinking not. The Premier editions GS and RTS were both a joke as far as extra value. I also had a Premier RTS.
    You can make that three .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Maybe BRP should do a "Canadian Club" Limited Edition!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

I bought my 2018 RT Limited 4 weeks ago NOT because it was a Limited, but because I was looking for a Spyder, the 2018 price was reduced by over $5500 due to manufacturer rebate to the dealer, and it was simply a good deal financially. I could care less if it was a "special edition" or whatever. And I would never buy a vehicle as an "investment" anyhow. There are many, many better and safer ways to invest money. I'm retired, and already own a car. I'm a realist. My Spyder is an expensive "Big Boy Toy". Geez...it sucks gas on the Interstate at 75 MPH worse than my car does at the same speed.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

There is a difference between using the word Limited to designate a model and using the term Limited Edition to indicate a short run. The F3L is not a limited run and the Indian JD is not one either. Four year running does not constitute a limited run. Kinda like a mattress sale.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stmike 1800 View Post
    You can make that three .
    The limited we referenced refers to the special 10th anniversary edition. Black/Gold and with special badging. Your profile shows 2018 RTL. BRP made the Anniversary Editons through special order and you had to wait months to get them.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-13-2019 at 01:55 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Mine is not an anniversary edition ,but as my ownership states it is an rtl .
    2018 RTL , dark blue