Spyder Garage

Default Handle bar riser?

I really, really need to raise my 2015RTS handle bars a couple of inches. Is there anything available? I haven't been successful in my quests.
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

It's not an easy thing to do on the RT's, & I don't believe there's any 'off the shelf' options, altho I believe there are a couple of Spyders mentioned somewhere here on the Forum by their owners, who did the hard yards & fabbed up something to do the job - they even posted some pics. It'd be a few years back now, & IIRC they had to source some 'correct dia' handlebar tubing to make up stub bars to go in the end of the large OE bar/surrounds so they could fit the risers onto the stubs; and the hand-grip units also had to be transferred off the remnants left when they cut the OE bar & onto a longer replacement that had enough protruding so the top end of the risers could grab onto that!

So like I mentioned, it ain't easy, but some have been motivated & talented enough to make something work! Over to you, & good luck!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 04-11-2019 at 08:27 AM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I don't know of an off the self riser but I think you can just use a 2" block of aluminum and drill 4 holes in it. You will need longer metric socket head cap screws. Be sure and Loctite them in place. The hardest part would be getting the original bolts out.

Spyder Garage

Tri Axis bars from BRP used to help. Adjustment up and back. Pricey at $1K or so.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Here's the BRP catalog page for the Tri-Axis bars. Yes they are pricey but they give a lot of adjustability. I am very satisfied with mine.https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...rt-models.html

If you try to insert a thick aluminum block you might run into problems with adequate slack in the wiring for the left and right grip assemblies; I don't know.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I have a spyder 2014 STS any suggestions on where can I get risers

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderlady14 View Post
    I have a spyder 2014 STS any suggestions on where can I get risers
    Post #2 from Peter is correct, a couple of members here found some " dog bone style " risers ( originally for the GS & RS ) and adapted them for the ST and or RT handlebars ….. doing it wasn't easy, but then $ 800.00 isn't easy to come by these days either ….. good luck … Mike