Spyder Garage

Default Shipping a Spyder to Colorado? Or Rental?

Hi Group, this is my first post after my purchase of a Spyder RT. I love it! Going on a trip to Colorado but can't pull it, does anyone know a good company to ship it with? How much that typically costs? OR maybe I should try to rent one for my trip through Colorado? But I can't find any rentals in the area. So If you guys don't know the answers to these questions, then no one will! I am enjoying learning from all of you on this forum!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainDana View Post
    Hi Group, this is my first post after my purchase of a Spyder RT. I love it! Going on a trip to Colorado but can't pull it, does anyone know a good company to ship it with? How much that typically costs? OR maybe I should try to rent one for my trip through Colorado? But I can't find any rentals in the area. So If you guys don't know the answers to these questions, then no one will! I am enjoying learning from all of you on this forum!
    Unless you plan a long stay in CO, or are willing to ship it several weeks early to someone who will store it for you, I suggest you scratch that idea. Shipping a m/c is not a short term activity. What's the main reason you can't pull it, too small a tow vehicle? I think you need to redouble your efforts to find a rental Spyder. I'm sure they exist.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

I agree, ride it or rent one. You could probably buy a trailer for less than the cost of shipping

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have to agree with Ann here! That would be a beautiful ryde and Colorado would be a fantastic place to ryde!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the advice, I just need to hear it from all of ya'll. I would love to trailer it up there, but I will have a full truck and a cargo trailer to haul for an event up there. I will keep looking for rentals! If anyone knows where to rent let me know please! Thanks for the replies!

Spyder Garage

ANY of ya'll living in Colorado know of a place to RENT a CAN AM Spyder...???

Spyder Garage

I think you could rent a truck and a trailer and pull it there for the cost, worry, and inconvenience of shipping. If someone is going with, they could drive the rentals for ya..?
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mazo EMS2 View Post
    I think you could rent a truck and a trailer and pull it there for the cost, worry, and inconvenience of shipping. If someone is going with, they could drive the rentals for ya..?
    See post #5.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

pull a trailer behind the other one

Spyder Garage

i have a bumpstock with led lights can u replace bulbs on front bumper?

Spyder Garage

We used this company to ship my Spyder RT and my wife's Yamaha Stryker from TX to FL. They are awesome. They haul all the new HDs to dealerships and back-haul privately owned motorcycles. Here's the caveat for your situation: they will tell you right up front that they don't do "express" origin to destination work. Your trike will go to a terminal and wait for a full load heading in the direction of your destination. It took about 5 weeks from pick-up to delivery, but they will hit whatever window they quote you. So I'd recommend you call them and get a bid. They will tell you if they can't do it right up front.

https://haulbikes.com/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    We used this company to ship my Spyder RT and my wife's Yamaha Stryker from TX to FL. They are awesome. They haul all the new HDs to dealerships and back-haul privately owned motorcycles. Here's the caveat for your situation: they will tell you right up front that they don't do "express" origin to destination work. Your trike will go to a terminal and wait for a full load heading in the direction of your destination. It took about 5 weeks from pick-up to delivery, but they will hit whatever window they quote you. So I'd recommend you call them and get a bid. They will tell you if they can't do it right up front.

https://haulbikes.com/
    I used them. They did good. The terminal is Milwaukee, WI. That's why I said above shipping is not a short term activity.

2014 Copper RTS

Spyder Garage

We have ridden bikes for people. Flew in, picked up bikes, rode to destination. Went home. When is the trip? How long will you stay? Will you need the same trip in reverse?
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I used them. They did good. The terminal is Milwaukee, WI. That's why I said above shipping is not a short term activity.
    They took ours from TX to PA terminal. Then from PA to FL. We needed about a 4 week delay from pick up to delivery due to the closings on the 2 houses, household goods move, etc. and it took 6 weeks total. They aren't the cheapest option, but they were the best and safest I found (100% no-deductible damage/theft coverage included). All drivers are also riders. The couple who delivered ours had 2 of their own motorcycles on the trailer. They use those during loading/delivery layovers. He was also a veteran. So it was a pretty cool experience from front to back.