Thread: Limp Home Mode

Spyder Garage

Default Limp Home Mode

I have a 2016 RT LTD. I changed the seat and disconnected the wiring under the seat. I reconnected the new seat and now have Limp Home Mode, code P0340 - ECM. I have tripled checked the connector and fuses and still can't get out of Limp Mode. Is there a trick to clear the code? Any suggestions?

Spyder Garage

Crankshaft position sensor. Call your dealer.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Curious...🤔

Have you started her up after the installation of the seat and wire hook-up..? Did you ryde it after the install..? if so after shutting down did you remove the key and allow the computers to re-set 45 minutes or so..? Things to try and if it does not clear up then agree to get to the dealer....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I am little late to this thread but was wondering how things worked out for you RockyMTMan. Billybovine was correct with his answer. To others who may wonder what to do in this situation, google the fault code and you will be surprised at all the information that pops up. It not only tells you what the code refers to but explains it to you including possible causation, symptoms of this fault, gives you possible parts to replace and how to fix it. Some solutions you may want to leave to a certified BRP technician but for the simpler ones you can do for yourself, it may save you bucket of money and get you out of a situation you wish you weren’t in. Google can be your repair manual especially with faults on the road provided you have a smartphone or laptop with you with internet connection.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 08-28-2019 at 04:46 AM.