Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth music receiver

Hi Spyderlovers! I am looking for some help. Late last year I was searching for a way to connect my iPhone wirelessly to my 2016 F3 LTD and I came across this video from the Lamonster garage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV4CISA5dUc So I bought a bluetooth receiver (TaoTronics TT-BR05) connected it and all was good, it worked. I then put the Spyder to bed for the winter. Well, we made it through the cold and snow, and had a 72º day on Monday. So, I took the Spyder for a ride, and for some reason, I could not get the bluetooth receiver to work. It is "connected" via bluetooth to my iPhone, but it will not play the sound through my speakers. My iPhone shows that the song is playing. So I deleted the receiver from my phone and re-paired the wireless receiver, it "connected", went back to music.....but no sound. I have no clue why it's not working now 5 months later. Anybody else run into this problem? Anybody have any advice or ideas?? Thanks.

Smile & be happy, don't take life too seriously….
    Life moves pretty fast. Don't miss it!
    2016 F3 Limited , Black

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Have you checked the audio settings in the cluster? Did you leave the battery in, or take it out? Was it on a battery maintainer? If not, or if you took it out, the cluster may have reset. Sounds to me like audio is not set to audio in, or volume settings have gone to zero. Have you tried increasing the audio volume. If you hold the volume down button you mute the radio. Have you unplugged and plugged back in the BT receiver?

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Battery was left in and on a battery maintainer. There is no "audio in". The only audio controls are speakers on/off (they are on), speaker volume (set to medium), bass/treble......that's it. Volume is set to zero on the Spyder, because if I raise it the sound comes from the radio. The bluetooth receiver has been unplugged and plugged back in. It all does not make sense. Thank you for your suggestions.

2016 F3 Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Aux is what I should have said, not audio in. Push the mode button, then the Set button until Aux shows. If, as you say, you get radio sound when you turn the volume up then that means the audio system is set to radio, not Aux.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.

Spyder Garage

THAT'S IT!! The step I forgot is to use the "set" button. I knew I could count on Spyderlovers for help. Thanks IdahoMtnSpyder!!

2016 F3 Limited , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderjim View Post
    THAT'S IT!! The step I forgot is to use the "set" button. I knew I could count on Spyderlovers for help. Thanks IdahoMtnSpyder!!
    You're welcome. Glad I could help! We're even! I forgot the word was Aux, you forgot about Set!

2014 Copper RTS