Spyder Garage

Default Need a stock exhaust

Hey everyone, I'm in a bit of a bind. I have a 2015 RS-S completely stock except it has a voodoo shorty exhaust on it. I bought this motorcycle brand new and it only has just over 1300 miles on it. It's been running very rough for a while now and since it has some warranty left I took it to my local dealer to get diagnosed. I'm being told the cause for the rough idle, miss firing, and what sounds and feels like a cylinder cutting in and out is being caused by the slip on voodoo exhaust. Service rep said its getting to much air and the computer can't make the necessary adjustments and it's running rich causing the O2 sensor and another air management sensor to have gone bad along with fouling the spark plugs.

They want to put back on the stock exhaust and see if that's the problem but I don't have it.

Can anyone provide some guidance ? I contacted Voodoo and I'm awaiting their response. I'm in Southern California and I'm trying to get my hands on a stock exhaust if anyone has one I could borrow or buy, please let me know so I can get my bike running right.
    2015 RS-S , Black and orange

Spyder Garage

If it just started running rough i doubt it's the muffler. I have an HMF on my 13 for 4 yrs. Have not had any issues

Spyder Garage

I have a stock exhaust muffler for a 2009 RS if that would fit.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nightcruiser View Post
    I have a stock exhaust muffler for a 2009 RS if that would fit.
    Nope won't work. 13 and newer they changed them

Spyder Garage

Thanks. I have been riding, racing and wrenching on bikes since about 5 years old and I have never had issues with just a muffler when there is a cat converter. The dealer I'm dealing with is saying in order for them to make it a warranty issue with brp, it has to have the stock muffler on it. I tried to argue and have them show me in writing where the aftermarket muffler can void the warranty. Then after I explained to them using mechanical knowledge that the problem it's having is almost impossible just by using a different muffler the service guy said, I was right but they still wanted the stock muffler so there wasn't any push back from brp. So I found one on eBay and for $140 that will save me close to $2000 in service work. I have never been a big fan of dealer service but while it is under warranty I'll just grin and bear it. They won't see me again after.
    2015 RS-S , Black and orange

Spyder Garage

I have a stock exhaust I can sell to you. $100 plus shipping. It has 5k miles on it. Needs a little paint LRobertson327@gmail.com
    2014 RS+ , Excel 8.8 and NGK plugs Currently pearl white, Aircraft gray after rivets installed