Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Kendon Spyder Trailer

Has anyone seen or bought the Kendon Spyder trailer?
    I didn't know Kendon made one for the Spyder.

Spyder Garage

According to their web site they have one. I have a question on Kendon trailers on the trailer forum to see if anyone has one.

Spyder Garage

2019 900 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I just ordered one Monday. Should have it next week.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Great trailers....

I don't have one but did for heavy bikes and it was a great trailer. Well built space saver and towed great. Would like to see reviews on the spyder model but feel it will be just as great as their other trailers. They are a bit pricy but worth it....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Let us know how it works out. Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes please let us know how it works out and pictures??

Spyder Garage

Interesting trailer. Looks like it was built to handle conventional or reverse trikes like the spyder. No dedicated wheel chocks up front, but the wheels rest on the front rail. Conventional trikes have the front wheel nestled in the nose:

Full width ramp:

Folded up:

According to Kendons site, they run $4,139.00 – $4,289.00 with free shipping. Not cheap. Would not be my choice unless I had to have the fold up feature. You can get an aluminum trailer for about half that price and I think it would protect the bike better when traveling.
    2019 BMW C650GT, 2010 Spyder RT-S, 2009 BMW R1200RT,(sold) 2009 Honda Silverwing (Sold), 2009 Kawasaki 500 Vulcan (Sold)

\
    2010 RT SE5 , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eviltwin View Post
    Interesting trailer. Looks like it was built to handle conventional or reverse trikes like the spyder. No dedicated wheel chocks up front, but the wheels rest on the front rail. Conventional trikes have the front wheel nestled in the nose:

Full width ramp:

Folded up:

According to Kendons site, they run $4,139.00 – $4,289.00 with free shipping. Not cheap. Would not be my choice unless I had to have the fold up feature. You can get an aluminum trailer for about half that price and I think it would protect the bike better when traveling.
    I agree, but the only way I can have a trailer is if I can store it in the garage. No outside parking allowed. I was looking at the drop-tail trailer, but looks like they are out of business.
    I was able to get mine for less then $3800 as they had a white one that they discounted.
    Once I get it I will load one of our F3's on it and see what I will need to do for strapping it down as I want to have the straps go over the tires, so I may need to add e-tracks.

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Looks like the front tires of the Spyder would be resting on the diamond-grated sheet metal. Since you wouldn't really have continuous solid weld bead along the entire perimeter of the grated decking, I'd be worried that the weight of the Spyder would cause the spot/tack welds to fail and the grated decking to sag.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

There was a stand up trailer on one of the Facebook pages for $1300. It was located somewhere in Kentucky. Killer deal. I think it probably lasted about 1/2 day.
    This is one that I had years ago. It would haul 2 large baggers, or 3 smaller bikes. It was by a company called Towblazer. I had it years before I purchased my spyder and never used it. I sold it. I would love to get another deal like this. I paid $650 for it just to get it out of the guys garage.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I don't know of any Kendon being made specifically for the Spyder, but I bought a Kendon double-motorcycle trailer in 2009 and just moved the wheel chocks out to align with the Spyder wheels. They aren't "adjustable", so I had to do a little drilling and welding, but I've been using it for 10 years now and it's been excellent. I use it mostly just when taking it in for service, but I also relocated from Phoenix, Arizona to Clearwater, Florida and it trailered great. I'm actually planning on selling my Spyder now, so I'm selling my trailer as well in case you're close to this area and interested. I paid $3500 for the trailer, but will sell it for $1500.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I agree, but the only way I can have a trailer is if I can store it in the garage. No outside parking allowed. I was looking at the drop-tail trailer, but looks like they are out of business.
    I was able to get mine for less then $3800 as they had a white one that they discounted.
    Once I get it I will load one of our F3's on it and see what I will need to do for strapping it down as I want to have the straps go over the tires, so I may need to add e-tracks.
    Drop-Tail is not out of business. I bought one last October and it is a nice trailer for the Spyder. The fit is nice and it trailers well. I do have issues with the company. I had wiring issues because their "factory" didn't connect the wires properly on either taillight, and Drop-Tail had zero interest in helping me deal with it. See my other post. Warranty? Service? Hahahaha. Drop-Tail has no dealers. Their "warranty" covers only parts, not labor, and then only if you get approved in advance AND send in the defective parts at your own expense. Essentially that's no coverage at all. I don't know about Kendon's policies but you should inquire before you buy. With Drop-Tail, you either do your own work or find somebody else who can do it for you - you're on your own.

As for your situation - yes, you can fold the Drop-Tail up and park it vertically in your garage IF you meet two conditions. Issue #1, check the height in the garage. Even folded up, the Drop-Tail is pretty tall. It would not fit beneath my rolled-up garage door. If not for #2, it could fit inside the garage as long as it was behind the place where the garage door rolls. Second, check the weight. This trailer is easy to tow but it's darned heavy to lift up. It would take two strong men to fold it up to a vertical position and I mean STRONG without back issues. My wife and I tried this ONCE and then suddenly decided that it was better to leave it outside under a tarp (you can fold part of it easy enough, it's turning the whole trailer vertical that's hard. Issue #3, Drop-Tail does not provide any kind of front support. This means you will have to pick the front end off the ground in order to move or hitch it and that means back issues again due to Issue #2. However, I got around that by buying a swivel jack and caster from E-Trailer that fits Drop-Tail's included pipe mount. Even though you have to remove it when actually trailering, the swivel jack and caster is a real life-saver.

I know you are looking at a Kendon but all these issues will probably be the same.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Default Kendon trailer

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Desert Spyder View Post
    I don't know of any Kendon being made specifically for the Spyder, but I bought a Kendon double-motorcycle trailer in 2009 and just moved the wheel chocks out to align with the Spyder wheels. They aren't "adjustable", so I had to do a little drilling and welding, but I've been using it for 10 years now and it's been excellent. I use it mostly just when taking it in for service, but I also relocated from Phoenix, Arizona to Clearwater, Florida and it trailered great. I'm actually planning on selling my Spyder now, so I'm selling my trailer as well in case you're close to this area and interested. I paid $3500 for the trailer, but will sell it for $1500.
    Hello, just bought a 2014 RT., looking to trailer it. Have my eye on a used two bike Kendon but concerned about tongue weight with axle seemingly more to the rear on that trailer. Hoping to tow it behind aToyota Sienna ( no tow pkg.) Thought? What did you tow with? Is your Kendon still around? Thanks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You may try a PM as it looks like he has not been on in a few months.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky2014 View Post
    Hello, just bought a 2014 RT., looking to trailer it. Have my eye on a used two bike Kendon but concerned about tongue weight with axle seemingly more to the rear on that trailer. Hoping to tow it behind aToyota Sienna ( no tow pkg.) Thought? What did you tow with? Is your Kendon still around? Thanks!
    I purchased their trike trailer which weighs around 800# with spare tire and etrack. Figuring the Spyder at 1000# gives me a total of 1800#. A lot of vehicles are only rated for 1500# towing. I then leased a Subaru Outback as it's rated for 2700# and have no issues towing. Before the Outback I tried towing with my Ford C max and the trailer was controlling the car at any speed above 49 mph. Not sure what your Sienna is rated for towing, but make sure it's at least 1800#

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I modified a dual bike Kendon trailor and used it to tow my F3T to the spyder rally in Maggie Valley. I towed it with my 08 Suzuki Grand vitara. The vehicle has a small 2.8 liter V6 in it and only gets 20 mpg. But pulling the trailer, I was still able to get 20 mpg. The little thing was amazing, and the perfect size for moving into tight spaces. A friend broke down on his 2014 RT and I had to give him a ride about 50 miles away. The only thing is that the bolts at the hinge are a little too narrow to comfortably haul the RT. I had to ride over the hinge bolts about 1" on each side. Not a bad thing, but not the perfect fit that I have with the F3T.
    I tried to upload a picture, but for some reason, the files are saying that they are too large. These are the same pictures that I have loaded before. What's the issue?
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Lowes and home depot have several lowboy (low to the ground) flat bed utility trailers for a reasonable price that would accommodate a Spyder. Add a couple of wheel chalks and tie downs should work fine I would think.
    2021 Sea to Sky , cyclops light, front fender light/turn signal, rear run/brake/ turn signal LED strip, BRP floor board light Green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I modified a dual bike Kendon trailor and used it to tow my F3T
    I would love to see photos of your mods for the Dual Rail as I have one myself. I could PM you with my email address and you could send them direct to me if you like. I could also resize them and send them back so you can post them.

Lots of photo apps have resizing options but as I don't know these things well I don't dare to advise you.
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White