Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rally New Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freezefm View Post
    The rail that the peg/brake pedal are mounted to has markings where the settings were imagined by Can-Am. You should be close to the back as it is, hard to tell from the angle of the picture. There is a lot more room on the rails that are not usable by design. The body work has tabs on it that stop the pegs from moving too far forward/backward.
    I got curious one day since it looked like I had more room to move the peg farther forward than it was going, so I crawled about looking at the set up.

Francis
    Thank you for the response. Yes, I believe there are two more sections to my rail. It appears I cannot move the pedal back as right now those wires are already taunt. Is everyone else like this with just wires exposed? Can you move your pedals all the way back? I'll be able to get it out today to see, it was jammed in the shop from other equipment, couldn't get to it.

Spyder Garage

You'll need to look in there real good. I just went out and looked at mine: the wires are part of the unit and they move with it. On yours, they may be hung up on something down there. The first photo is with the unit all the way back.

20190420_082313_resized.jpg 20190420_082336_resized.jpg

Francis
    2019 600 , Haze Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freezefm View Post
    You'll need to look in there real good. I just went out and looked at mine: the wires are part of the unit and they move with it. On yours, they may be hung up on something down there. The first photo is with the unit all the way back.

20190420_082313_resized.jpg 20190420_082336_resized.jpg

Francis
    Yes. I'm guessing if they had a bunch of slack hanging they zip tied it? There would have to be that much adjustment in the wire for the length of the footrest rail. I'm going to bring it up with dealer when I get a chance to go in......This week hopefully.

Spyder Garage

Default Ryker hard shiftiing into reverse

Having hard time getting it into reverse anyone having same problem or any solution?
    2019 Rally , GMUltra Violet

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nchangin View Post
    Oh, and my next endeavor is to make a manual wheelchair mount/rack. My buddy owns machine shop so we'll see what we come up with. I think I can get my manual wheelchair strapped in passenger seat, jury is out on that yet as my chair tears up the back seat with it's hardware.
    I think a good place to start is to check out the mounting setup for the Max Mount. Whatever you come up with you should be able to mount to the Ryker using the Max Mount screw holes. Maybe even modify or start out with the Max Mount itself.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    I think a good place to start is to check out the mounting setup for the Max Mount. Whatever you come up with you should be able to mount to the Ryker using the Max Mount screw holes. Maybe even modify or start out with the Max Mount itself.
    Agree. It will have to be. I assume could just run supports underside maxmount and use flush screws of some type drill through maxmount as needed? (goal is to keep factory passenger working/useable). I haven't had time to get with my friend, they are swamped with work too, he has family kids/projects. I may have to go to the blacksmith, he get's things done quick but he's retail on labor but can negotiate with cash. I own a bike now, I'm broke.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkSpyder View Post
    Having hard time getting it into reverse anyone having same problem or any solution?
    I've been using my hand. When trying to use it with my foot with flip flops on, I've been unsuccessful in going into reverse with my toes. I still need to see if I can go into reverse with my boots on, using my heel instead.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by nchangin View Post
    Oh, and my next endeavor is to make a manual wheelchair mount/rack. My buddy owns machine shop so we'll see what we come up with. I think I can get my manual wheelchair strapped in passenger seat, jury is out on that yet as my chair tears up the back seat with it's hardware.

There is a guy on one of the Gold Wing Forums who goes by 'Wheels.'

He is on his second Gold Wing which has a wheel chair mount. You might find this interesting.

Joe T.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Joe T.
    I miss SoCal - - - -

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joe T. View Post
    There is a guy on one of the Gold Wing Forums who goes by 'Wheels.'

He is on his second Gold Wing which has a wheel chair mount. You might find this interesting.

Joe T.
    This site or another?