Spyder Garage

Default First long ride. Needs Pegs.

I did my first long ride yesterday and my feet / leg position got uncomfortable after awhile. Someone need to make highway pegs for the Ryker.

Spyder Garage

Do you have the pegs adjusted all the way forward?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Considered floorboards? Sure like mine. The stock pegs are not the best option for longer trips.
    2019 Rally , Black on black

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    Do you have the pegs adjusted all the way forward?
    Yes I did, Wish they went more forward.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CTAC View Post
    Considered floorboards? Sure like mine. The stock pegs are not the best option for longer trips.
    Ill have to look into these, not a big fan of floorboards. But can not be any worse then the stock pegs.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jasons900Ryker View Post
    I did my first long ride yesterday and my feet / leg position got uncomfortable after awhile. Someone need to make highway pegs for the Ryker.
    How long was that ride? I'm riding mine back home from the dealer, right at 500 miles. That is not a particularly long ride for me and I was more worried about the seat (taking my AirHawk with me!)

Spyder Garage

I did around 250 miles.

Spyder Garage

I want large, rubber covered pegs like on my Bonnie. Anyone know if standard pegs will work on the Ryk?
    "IT'S BETTER TO BE SHOT OUT OF A CANNON THAN SQUEEZED OUT OF A TUBE"-Dr. HS Thompson

Spyder Garage

When I first got my Rally I tried the pegs full forward. Within 30 minutes my right knee tried to lock up. I would get off and hobble around for a few minutes, the pain would go away, and I could walk normally. I then tried the pegs in the middle position -- same issue. Finally I moved the pegs back into the full rear position and assumed a racer crouch -- even worse. After about a month of this I set the pegs full forward again but set my brake pedal more upright. Then I moved my feet to the outboard position on the pegs with my knees against the tank (kind of knock knee'd. For some reason my knee problem went away; I can ride for hours. I can't explain it other than now I put my foot further forward on the peg with my toes up and rotated away from the bike a few degrees. Oh, and it is easier to get good pressure on the brake pedal in that position.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good job of finding what works for you. We all need to keep adapting to situations. cueman

Spyder Garage

I get what you're saying. I go about 6'2" and feel like if the pegs were inch or two lower and an inch or two forward it would be all good. Was thinking about the floorboards but not sure if they would fix the inch or two lower problem? Let us know when you find something that works.

Spyder Garage

Just my opinion but you do NOT want highway pegs on a Ryker. I have them on my Spyder but do not use them after a scare I had. If you have them on a bike (2 wheel) and using them and a car or deer or something cuts you off, you have the handbrake to hit instantly. With the Spyder/Ryker, you travel a long distance by the time you get your foot off the highway peg and feel around looking for the brake! Will scare the s#%t out of you, just like the first time (if you're used to a 2 wheeler) you need to stop quick and you instinctively reach for the hand brake and there's nothing there! Ryker might not be quite as bad with regular pegs to where my RTS has floorboards, but … I know I'll probably get a lot of grief from the Spyder guys but remember this is just MY OPINION.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

Hi all its very true about highway pegs , to much movement required to get to brake , just another mod that can be longer time to brake which should instantly done and safely. Regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tslepebull View Post
    When I first got my Rally I tried the pegs full forward. Within 30 minutes my right knee tried to lock up. I would get off and hobble around for a few minutes, the pain would go away, and I could walk normally. I then tried the pegs in the middle position -- same issue. Finally I moved the pegs back into the full rear position and assumed a racer crouch -- even worse. After about a month of this I set the pegs full forward again but set my brake pedal more upright. Then I moved my feet to the outboard position on the pegs with my knees against the tank (kind of knock knee'd. For some reason my knee problem went away; I can ride for hours. I can't explain it other than now I put my foot further forward on the peg with my toes up and rotated away from the bike a few degrees. Oh, and it is easier to get good pressure on the brake pedal in that position.
    Hyaluronic acid injections sometimes helps knees.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CENTAUR View Post
    I want large, rubber covered pegs like on my Bonnie. Anyone know if standard pegs will work on the Ryk?
    Too bad that a company doesn’t make a slip on rubber to work on the stock pegs. cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cueman View Post
    Too bad that a company doesn’t make a slip on rubber to work on the stock pegs. cueman
    Trojan, perhaps.

Spyder Garage

Not really familiar with Plasti-Dip but would that work on the pegs?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyuberalles View Post
    Trojan, perhaps.
    Now that’s funny! cueman