Thread: Insurance

Spyder Garage

Default Insurance

It is insurance time again,and i am shopping around .One company called today to say they need more time because the RT is to new and not on there books yet. The RT has been out since 2009 and still that new .The prices i have got from other company"s are very pricey .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Not on the books because its to new...find another insurance company....PLEASE. I would predict bad claim service with a company like that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Assuming your location "on" is Ontario, be very glad you do not live in BC. They have no choice but to insure with a governed monopoly that behaves in the worst ways. an insurance nightmare.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

If you are in ON as in Ontario, try Riders Plus, they quote from Intact and Echelon. I pay 1500$ per year for my 2018 F3L. That is a bit more than my previous bike a BMW R1200R. Good luck
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

What the heck... I bought a brand new 2018 and added it to my vehicles. $260.00 us per year.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeffandLori View Post
    What the heck... I bought a brand new 2018 and added it to my vehicles. $260.00 us per year.
    I wish .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Just went through this in the SE USA. Markel Bikeline wanted $590 (U.S.) annually, Dairyland won out at $352 (U.S.) annually with twice the coverage limits.

Spyder Garage

if in Ontario, Canada, try Desjardins insurance.
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Haven't insured yet this year, waiting till Sat. but last year, here in B.C. it was over $1400.00 for 6 months insurance and 12 months storage..... yep we get totally screwed here. AND prices went up 6.1% April 1/19

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Spyder Garage

+1 for Dairyland Had them for a looooong time---- no claims though.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Don't know about where you live, but I go thru Geico, 2 new 2018 spyders, RT and F3 Limited. Fully covered $26 per month total for both.
    2018 F3 Limited , Intense Red

Spyder Garage

That's good news for me. I haven't checked on insurance as yet, but I've been with GEICO since 1990.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Insurance rates in Ontario, for Spyders, are outrageously high, especially in comparison to the US rates I see being charged. Just renewed my Co-operators policy - $1,000 annually for my 2018 RAM 1500 pickup; $1300+ for my 2017 F3L Spyder. The truck is more valuable than the bike. What is interesting (and curious) is to break down the coverage into the various elements, then compare the costs for each. My policy provides $2 million public liability and property damage, replacement cost of both vehicles subject to $500 deductible, plus the usual standard income loss and medical coverage. It costs more (on my policy) to buy the $2 million PL/PD for the truck than for the comparable coverage on the Spyder. This occurs, presumably, because the insurer's underwriting actuary figures the truck is larger and more powerful, thus will probably cause greater damage to others if I'm ever involved in an accident; the Spyder, being lighter/smaller will probably cause less. How else to explain? When it comes to the collision/comprehensive loss portion of the policy as it applies to each vehicle, the truck is far more valuable (not quite double) than the Spyder, but costs much less to insure. That can only logically be because the actuary assumes the truck is going to be less frequently or less fully damaged than the Spyder. Again, how else could it be? Neither assumption, though, is iron clad. But, it is the same driver; same roads; same area. Truck usage is estimated to be 2-1/2 times greater than the Spyder (13,000 mi. vs. 5000 mi driven). Seems logical to most folks that the truck provides the greater risk, while the Spyder is assessed the higher premium. Go figure.... Does anyone really understand the intricacies and variables of an insurance underwriter's mind??? Oh yeah, should add that these rates are for an accident-free driver, claims-free, no demerit points and include multi-vehicle discount, senior's discount, etc., etc.; supposedly best rates available, but certainly not cheap!!!
    [SIGPIC]
    2017 F3 Ltd. Intense Red Pearl/Metallic Black topside
    2017 F3Limited , lowered brake pedal Intense Red Pearl w. Metallic Black topside

Spyder Garage

They still have not got back to me ,insurance is a licence to steal .
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

Seattle, WA area - 2014 RTL - Safeco - full coverage $291 per year.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

They did get back to me ,$1600 .I will keep on looking.
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Spyder Garage

I've had Progressive Insurance for about 10 years on my cycles. My rate for the 2010 RS is 280 per year. Over time my disappearing deductibles have dropped to 0. I'm glad I don't live where to ride a 2 or 3 wheeler costs over 1000 a year for insurance. USA USA