Thread: rt noise

Spyder Garage

Default rt noise

i have a noise sounds like the left front makes a scrubbing noise on the gas does not does it off throttle will try to check belt tension and alinement tuesday. been to doctor all day do not see any problem with wheel nothing warm thanks redspock

Spyder Garage

Not an expert but check the front sprocket for red dust, when my front sprocket started to go south I had an noise that I could not locate till I was on the side of the road. Again not an expert just a suggestion.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Our 2011 RT done the same thing. I thought it was a left front wheel bearing or the brake was staying applied. But 600.00 dollars later it was the belt out of line and some of the teeth were chewed off the belt. Look at the belt close to see if all the teeth are on the belt.

Spyder Garage

thanks guys for the info will look today everyone on here seems eager to help many thanks to all redspock

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What year model....and how many miles ?

Disc brakes WILL occasionally make a very light scraping noise and that is normal.

Of course a thorough inspection would be in order.....but there might not be anything wrong.
    I notice it occasionally when my RT if free rolling at very low speed; same on almost every bike I've ever owned......and there have been a LOT of them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rider View Post
    What year model....and how many miles ?

Disc brakes WILL occasionally make a very light scraping noise and that is normal.

Of course a thorough inspection would be in order.....but there might not be anything wrong.
    I notice it occasionally when my RT if free rolling at very low speed; same on almost every bike I've ever owned......and there have been a LOT of them.
    I agree, my Spyder does exactly the same thing, mostly when just slowly rolling. If that's what the OP is hearing, it's nothing to worry about. However, it's hard to interpret the OP's phrasing, "noise sounds like the left front makes a scrubbing noise on the gas does not does it off throttle." I would advise the OP to let someone else with a Spyder hear what he's hearing or (as a second choice if there is no one else) let a service manager at a dealership hear the sound and opine on it before committing to a full-blown inspection. An opinion worth 2 cents from others is very likely more valuable than a multi-dollar inspection.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

I had to replace my belt because it was creating a sound of a bad bearing from somewhere from the left side. I first thought it was a front wheel bearing, it was not. I then thought it was coming from the output shaft, it was not. Over half of the teeth on the belt were cracked. When I would go for a ride, the first five miles or so was fine then as the belt warmed up it would start making a bad bearing type noise. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

I had a front brake that the pads were not relaxing or retracting due to dry corroded pins that the pads slide on.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020