Spyder Garage

Default 900 Rear Fender swap

There was a question earlier and now I can't find it about swapping the Rally rear fender for a 900 (or 600 I suppose) model. Anyone have any more information on that? Anyone tried it? The short fender MAY be OK but I want an option if it isn't.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

Here is copied pasted info I took off other posts and sent to my dealer:

Rear fender 705011162
    Pop rivets (need 2) 293150104

This is what he said below: Anyway to run this by your mechanic?

I have replaced the Rally fender on 3 Rykers with the standard fender. It cost around $75 for the full fender and 2 rivets from my dealer. Not really hard to do if you are a little mechanically inclined. You need to remove the rear brake caliper and rear wheel so you can get to the rivets holding the front part of the Rally fender on and drill them out. The new full fender rivets in the same place. You have to remove a few screws and bolts holding the fender on. The lights, and reflectors get moved to the new full fender. Took about an hour on the first one and the others about a half hour.
    Decided to replace after riding down my gravel driveway the first time and saw some gravel and dirt on the swing arm and shock. I liked the look of the open Rally fender but the full fender looks fine and keeps everything much cleaner.
    No rubbing and looks to fit as it should.
    I think the Rally tire diameter is the same as the standard. It just has a thicker profile so is on a smaller wheel.

Spyder Garage

Aha! That is the post I saw, just couldn't find it again. I'm my mechanic; sounds like a pretty straight forward swap. I'll check with a dealer about ordering one.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

Yes. that is all copied information, it is not from me. FYI.

Spyder Garage

I have the Rally and ONCE the roads got dried out I have Virtually no dirt thrown up from the rear! If its wet your going to have some cleaning after.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Went and looked at a local land mark that had recently burnt down. Drove through the dirt and maybe a little gravel and my Rally looked like I was off roading with mud from front to back. By the time I got home from riding that day it was all dried dirt and looked pretty cool so I left it like that. LOL cueman

Spyder Garage

there is another pic from BRP where they "cutted" the rear Fender on the backside and left a part near the shock - maybe that would help ?? I also love to see my back tire (Toyo) but when saw some of the Rally-in-Action pictures I thought .. forget it !!
    what do think ?? look here :
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats