Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Bummed battery buyer

I bought a new battery for my Spyder last fall, never installed. It will not even turn the engine over. I charged it and the charger says its strong, but its not. Put the old battery back in until I can buy another expensive battery. Wish I had the receipt for it. There must be some type of warranty, but how would the dealer know its the same battery I bought and not an old one? Oh well. Its only money.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

If you purchased it locally, I'd go talk to them. The battery should have some kind of 'In Service' date. The worst that can happen is that you'll be in the same boat you're in now. But maybe they will at least give you a break on another one. It's worth a try.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought a battery at a Batteries + in a different state and it went bad the next year. I took it to my local store and they looked it up on their computer and gave me a new battery. I didn’t have my receipt with me.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer.....for sure.

Most stores have your records if bought with a credit card as well as the credit card company. If so you would have the date and record of the purchase. Have the battery tested to see the condition as it would seem it is only getting a surface charge. What kind and brand is it as some dealers carry more than one brand...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Most stores have your records if bought with a credit card as well as the credit card company. If so you would have the date and record of the purchase. Have the battery tested to see the condition as it would seem it is only getting a surface charge. What kind and brand is it as some dealers carry more than one brand...
    …….. CC company's usually warranty things bought with their CC ……………… This advice won't help - but this is one reason to buy an UN-filled battery. That's what I usually do, then I activate it when I need it …… good luck ….. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

So, I called the dealer where I bought the battery. They did not put the battery on my account when I purchased it, so they could not find a record of it. I explained that I bought it last fall, never installed it, and it wont start the spyder. They exchanged it for me! They said they send several back to the manufacturer and they would just send it back with the others. What an awesome dealer! I could not find my receipt. I could have looked it up in my CC records, but they didnt ask. I am so grateful to have such an awesome dealer near me!
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    So, I called the dealer where I bought the battery. They did not put the battery on my account when I purchased it, so they could not find a record of it. I explained that I bought it last fall, never installed it, and it wont start the spyder. They exchanged it for me! They said they send several back to the manufacturer and they would just send it back with the others. What an awesome dealer! I could not find my receipt. I could have looked it up in my CC records, but they didnt ask. I am so grateful to have such an awesome dealer near me!
    Their name & location please. Good to know good dealers when traveling. TIA

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought one last year and have not installed it yet.

Going on 5 years with my original battery

Spyder Garage

I bought my 2018 RTLSE6 just a few we weeks back from the dealer and twice I had to boost it to start after leaving the lights on for 10 minutes while in my garage. I am wondering if that is normal or the battery is not holding a good charge.
    2018 RT , PEARL WHITE/CHROME

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AAbruzzese View Post
    I bought my 2018 RTLSE6 just a few we weeks back from the dealer and twice I had to boost it to start after leaving the lights on for 10 minutes while in my garage. I am wondering if that is normal or the battery is not holding a good charge.
    After I bought my 2014 RT in Ill., I had to drive it back to Vermont ….. The battery failed on the way home …… Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think all batteries have a built date stamped or marked on them...A thru L...A being Jan. & L being Dec....After the letter it will have a number representing the year built...larryd

Spyder Garage

Have it load tested
    2012 RTL , Pearl