To the BRP Research and Development Department, or whoever designed the replacement procedure for a headlight bulb, what were you thinking?

Got the Spyder home yesterday and noticed the left low beam bulb was out. Ok, not a problem. Got out the repair manual and read up on it and thought this should be simple.

4 hours later........

My hands must be too big. Got inside and tried to pull the rubber boot off the back of the bulb. No room for leverage or moving one’s hand. Pulled and twisted forever. Finally managed to get the bulb out with the boot still attached, but just barely. Seems the metal spring clip retainer for the bulb also pinches down on rubber boot but you can’t move the clip out of the way because the boot is in the way of the clip. Also, there are several ridges inside the boot where it slides over the rear of the bulb, and these help keep it sealed from moisture.

So, I decided to replace the right one also while everything was opened up, because you know sure as heck, the right one would probably have gone back shortly after.

I also took the liberty of opening the gauge cluster and cleaned out all of those “oil” streaks, or whatever they are, from inside of the clear cover panel.

Finally done. Good weather tomorrow so out I will go.