Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default M2Shocks Introduction

Hey Folks,

I want to introduce my company, M2Shocks, to you all. We make custom shocks. I asked if it was OK to post this as an introduction...and was told it was OK. I will not be cluttering up the forum with any other posts in the "General Discussion".

About 2 years ago, I spent 6 months doing R&D on the Spyder and came to the conclusion of what "is the best option to make the Spyder perfect". I feel the shocks we developed turn your Spyder into a plush ride that handles as precise as a motorcycle with the comfort of 3 wheels.

20190105_084934 (2).jpg

I am offering a special for SpyderLovers forum members and that is 40% off our retail price of $1875.00 for a complete set of shocks for your Can-Am Spyder...which makes them only 1125.00 for all three shocks! We only have 6 sets that we can offer this promotion for.

All we ask in return is that you do a full review of the product and post it in this forum...even if you have something bad to say...just give an honest review...that is all we ask. Every customer we have had is a RAVING FAN of our product, the quality, and technology involved in the shocks we build for you. In addition, our chassis knowledge is outstanding. We think you will agree.

We thank you for the opportunity to be part of your community, and look forward to making you fall in love with your Spyder even more!

Here is a link to our product information and how to order. https://www.m2shocks.com/canam-spyder-products

Thank you again for you time reading this,
    Marcus McBain
    Owner - M2Shocks

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Shocks View Post
    Hey Folks,

I want to introduce my company, M2Shocks, to you all. We make custom shocks. I asked if it was OK to post this as an introduction...and was told it was OK. I will not be cluttering up the forum with any other posts in the "General Discussion".

About 2 years ago, I spent 6 months doing R&D on the Spyder and came to the conclusion of what "is the best option to make the Spyder perfect". I feel the shocks we developed turn your Spyder into a plush ride that handles as precise as a motorcycle with the comfort of 3 wheels.

20190105_084934 (2).jpg

I am offering a special for SpyderLovers forum members and that is 40% off our retail price of $1875.00 for a complete set of shocks for your Can-Am Spyder...which makes them only 1125.00 for all three shocks! We only have 6 sets that we can offer this promotion for.

All we ask in return is that you do a full review of the product and post it in this forum...even if you have something bad to say...just give an honest review...that is all we ask. Every customer we have had is a RAVING FAN of our product, the quality, and technology involved in the shocks we build for you. In addition, our chassis knowledge is outstanding. We think you will agree.

We thank you for the opportunity to be part of your community, and look forward to making you fall in love with your Spyder even more!

Here is a link to our product information and how to order. https://www.m2shocks.com/canam-spyder-products

Thank you again for you time reading this,
    Marcus McBain
    Owner - M2Shocks
    I have a question when I was looking for front shocks for my 2017 RTL I found M2 shocks on the web in 2017 and I was very impressed with what I saw but it looked as if you had gone out of business as there was no way I could order shocks from you and I can not remember why ...anyway I went with Fox shocks .......so are you guys back in business or as I said I could not order shocks from M2 what was the reason. Do you now carry and support shocks for all Spyders??? Maybe a little more of an explanation of what happened as strange as it may sound I do remember the same video you still have on your web page about you Spyder shocks.

2017 RT Limited
    2017 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

We actually have been "balls to the wall" since we opened. We use our racing Heritage to R&D everything. In Drag Racing for instance, we have to control movement by HUNDREDTHS OF SECONDS, this allows us to build FANTASTIC STREET PRODUCTS. In fact nearly ever single World Record in Pro Street right now is held by an M2.Shocks customer. Fastest 1/4 mile: 6.60 seconds, Fastest 1/8th mile: 4.28 seconds.

Our parts partner at the time basically allowed us to develop the product and then decided to make it themselves...but couldn't actually produce the shock....so I had to "start all over" and lost about 25($K) in the process. If I hadn't personally rode the Spyder I would not be so energetic about it. The best way I can describe how our shocks work, "It turns your Spyder into a fast and safe motorcycle that is the most comfortable ever".

I am pushing hard for the "SETS" as you can't really fix the issues completely without all three shocks. THE BOTTOM LINE, I WON'T BUILD OR SELL ANYTHING THAT IS NOT THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

Some eye candy for fun what we do for "R&D"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydernatic View Post
    IDo you now carry and support shocks for all Spyders???
    Yes, we carry shocks for all Spyders. We have all the spacers and installation items needed for all "variations" of Spyders at this time.

Spyder Garage

How do we apply the discount when ordering? Also what kind of warranty is offered on the shocks, are they rebuildable?

2013 RTS
    BajaRon Swaybar, BRP passenger armrests, JT's GoPro dash mount, Lidlox helmet locks, M2 Shocks, foam grips, Ultimate Seat, Magic Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Do your shocks have to be rebuilt from time to time or after a number of miles?
    Happy owner of 2014 White RTS - SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CJ.RamMan View Post
    How do we apply the discount when ordering? Also what kind of warranty is offered on the shocks, are they rebuildable?
    On the order form, enter promo code "SPYDERLOVERS FORUM" See here: https://www.m2shocks.com/canam-order

We offer a 1 year warranty. This covers any defect that is not "normal wear and tear". AS AN EXAMPLE:

1. If you ride your Spyder, and suddenly get a leak from one of the shocks...if it is caused by a rock chip that tore the seal...that is not warranty...although it is fairly inexpensive (About 150.00)
    2. If the spring collars "seizes up" and you can't adjust the spring...that is warranty.

I am the former Market Manager for a large shock company. One thing that irritated me was warranty situations. I wanted to have "swap shocks" so that customers "weren't down", so I tell you that we will have shocks that "will be ready to swap" so you don't have down time if there is a "warranty situation".

The last statement is really the focus of my company.

1. We will not build anything that is not the "Best in the world".
    2. We will not sell anything that we are not experts in how to install, support, and deliver.

I appreciate your questions.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyderjuice View Post
    Do your shocks have to be rebuilt from time to time or after a number of miles?
    Rebuild time will vary from use (i.e. if you go off-road a lot), likely once a year as dirt/dust/constant debris is hard on shocks...any shock. For normal use, expect every two to three years.

You will be able to "swap shocks" with a convenience fee to minimize "down time". This will provide you three shocks that are refurbished for about 150.00 on top of the normal service fee. Rebuilds will run about 100.00 per shock for the actual shock parts/pieces/service.

Additional costs can include replacement torrington bearings (which would run about 125.00 for all six sets). We are the only shock manufacturer in the world that puts torrington bearings on every single shock both ends. This is only possible as we are machining shop too and we design all parts and pieces to allow this. We found this feature to immensely help in our racing programs and has provided superior traction and compliance.

Spyder Garage

I am going to bump this as we have 2 sets of shocks left we can offer at 40% off (1125.00 for the set of 3...custom made for you!). Just got to https://www.m2shocks.com/canam-spyder-products and order using PROMO CODE "SPYDERLOVERS.COM"

Spyder Garage

I just placed an order and forgot the promo code, are either of those sets left?
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hope they are all sold now been waiting to get all the sets ordered so they can be built per Spyder specs.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I'm getting pretty stoked about them. Hoping to get them soon.

2013 RTS
    BajaRon Swaybar, BRP passenger armrests, JT's GoPro dash mount, Lidlox helmet locks, M2 Shocks, foam grips, Ultimate Seat, Magic Mirrors

Spyder Garage

Guys, we filled all the orders and are delivering now. Quite honestly, I had hoped to have everyone's shocks out last week, but I have been training a new production person and it has been SLOW to train this person.

We did get the first set of these out this week to C. Johnson, and to use his words, "Wow, this is really amazing what these shocks can do!".

I have two sets likely going out today or Monday with the other 2 sets going out Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

With that said, thank you for your Patience. I will also add...if you are at Spyderfest and want to get your shocks NOW (and you purchased through this promotion), we have your shocks ready now and you can pick up as we are pretty close to Spyderfest. We will install while you wait...if you want. My apologies for any delays, but I love what we build and they won't go out the door unless they are perfect!

Marcus
    Last edited by M2Shocks; 05-03-2019 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Early morning post...needed one more cup of coffee to get it right.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Anyone else get theres yet and installed??

Spyder Garage

2013 RTS

Spyder Garage

OK Guys, we had some supply issues with piston bands (on top of having a new employee that is taking me weeks instead of days to train). C.S and J.K. in Texas and Illinois, yours shipped and will be to you by the weekend. Unfortunately the front shocks on the spyder use some of the parts as our Harley Performance Shocks and we are selling the Harley shocks as fast as we can make them. I appreciate your patience. On our new product, nothing leaves without my approval...and this is slowing things down as many times I will not OK something after the shocks are Dyno tested...which means pulling them back apart until the technician understands the performance standard. Emily our production lead had to step in finish our product (Yes, we have a female production lead!) as our new guy I hired for this line just isn't getting up to speed how we would like.

With that said, I AM REALLY EXCITED...As CJ mentioned, I love what we do...in fact all of our employees do. We are 100% dedicated to providing you a product that makes your Spyder something you love even more. No, none of you will ever race most likely ...and for many...no one cares that our pedigree is World Record setting shocks for drag racing, BUT it is our passion to always do everything as perfect as we can with no exception...every thing we do makes me proud of the company I am building. We will gladly sell dozens and hundreds of a product that truly performs well rather than 1000's of mediocre products.

With that said, we squeezed out six sets for this promotion...We will not be selling any more until all the Spyderlovers.com customers install and review the product. After that, I have decided that we will exclusively market through this forum and it will go as follows:

1. Next 10 sets will be sold at 35% off
    2. After that, any Spyderlovers.com will be able to purchase at 25% off until further notice.

I thank you all again for your interest and please know we are 100% focused on support and satisfaction.

Marcus McBain
    Owner - RPS Manufacturing/M2Shocks

Spyder Garage

Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is that a good thing or a bad thing about the piston bands for my Spyder? That getting the Harley bands.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Is that a good thing or a bad thing about the piston bands for my Spyder? That getting the Harley bands.
    That is just wrong! Very good thing. It is one of the nicest pistons I have used/seen for 35mm shocks. That is no exaggeration. It allows a very dynamic range of tuning.

Look forward to you getting your shocks tomorrow...I will be following up with you...and the call yesterday from our company was to make sure you didn't just want (2ea) XL T-shirts. I could only find the email asking for that size.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

THanks!

I pmed you . Well guess I did get a phone call.

Yep see they will be delivered Friday

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    THanks!

I pmed you . Well guess I did get a phone call.

Yep see they will be delivered Friday
    So did you get them installed?
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

No, we sent the wrong length WE GOOFED! I will have some out overnight or tomorrow so he has them by the weekend. We had to change the spring spec.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CopperSpyder View Post
    So did you get them installed?
    What he said Post #23

But I will say Marcus is available anytime as I spoke to him on Mother's day. How is that for customer service.

He has even called the house to find out how the shocks were working out before I even had them installed.

I cant wait for the new set to arrive

Spyder Garage

Marcus definitely works to make sure his product meets your expectations

2013 RTS