Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Angry Givi top box installation

Greetings, all. I'm pondering the acquisition of a Ryker (the 600 version is currently the only one we can ge here in Cali). I've been over on the website looking at the accessories and I saw that CanAm is offering a top box. I understand you have to get the mounting bracket for the top box.

I have two Givi Monolock top boxes which I currently use on my Silverwing and Burgman 400. I'm wondering if there is a way to install a Givi Monolock mounting plate on the CanAm rear bracket, so I could use my Givi boxes on the Ryker.

Very informative group, here. Thanks in advance for all reponses.

Spyder Garage

In post #11 Ryker900 shows how he did it with another brand https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...Ryker-backrest. I have the OEM top case and it is small. I am considering something similar to what Ryker900 did.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Not to hijack this thread but I have a question. Does the passenger seat easily come off once installed? It would be nice if you could have the passenger seat on, then easily remove and replace with the top case (they both mount to the maxmount), then remove the top case and re-install the passenger seat. That would be the advantage of using the BRP top case if it were possible.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

That’s a good question? cueman

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rocinante54 View Post
    Greetings, all. I'm pondering the acquisition of a Ryker (the 600 version is currently the only one we can ge here in Cali). I've been over on the website looking at the accessories and I saw that CanAm is offering a top box. I understand you have to get the mounting bracket for the top box.

I have two Givi Monolock top boxes which I currently use on my Silverwing and Burgman 400. I'm wondering if there is a way to install a Givi Monolock mounting plate on the CanAm rear bracket, so I could use my Givi boxes on the Ryker.

You can get a Ryker 900 from iMotorsports and they will ship it to you for free.

https://www.imotorsportsinc.com/
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I have two Givi Monolock top boxes which I currently use on my Silverwing and Burgman 400. I'm wondering if there is a way to install a Givi Monolock mounting plate on the CanAm rear bracket, so I could use my Givi boxes on the Ryker..
    I believe that you'll need the MaxMount first (unless you have the Rally, which comes with it). I have rigged another base plate onto the maxmount on my ryker 600.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    Not to hijack this thread but I have a question. Does the passenger seat easily come off once installed? It would be nice if you could have the passenger seat on, then easily remove and replace with the top case (they both mount to the maxmount), then remove the top case and re-install the passenger seat. That would be the advantage of using the BRP top case if it were possible.
    I am 90% sure that they do.

Spyder Garage

The passenger seat and the rear case are designed to be removed and interchanged with each other. Unfortunately they cannot be used at the same time without deploying the aftermarket customization described above
    ...jim
    Current: 2022 CAN AM F3S SS. Manta Green, Route 129 windscreen.

Previous:CAN AM Ryker Rally. Intense black, side case , comfort drivers seat, comfort passenger seat with back r test, wind screen, LED auxiliary lighting.
    2022 F3S, special series , Manta Green

Spyder Garage

Yes, it removes from the max mount pretty easily with no tools required. It "does" take a bit of muscle, but no tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    Ryker 900 ACE - 2-up spring, max mount, passenger seat, short seat rail, Shad bag

Spyder Garage

Hi yes it can be done / seat of / box on regards Nico 75

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Do you have to push and hold seat lock button down, or do you have to reach under the seat to release something? cueman

Spyder Garage

Yes, the seat pops off with backrest attached after engaging a lock and the bag locks onto the rack using the linq system, which is a simple lever

Spyder Garage

Hi, Rogue Hawk. Thanks for the info: "You can get a Ryker 900 from iMotorsports and they will ship it to you for free." Unfortunately, the 900 is not available here in Cali because the 900 engine is having difficulty passing the CARB emission standards. No telling when it will be available here. The 600 has already passed and is on sale here at many dealerships.

Thanks to all for the information. Based on the foregoing, sounds like it should be possible to mount a Monolock plate to the Max Mount with a little innovation.

Spyder Garage

Hi, Rogue Hawk. Thanks for the info: "You can get a Ryker 900 from iMotorsports and they will ship it to you for free." Unfortunately, the 900 is not available here in Cali because the 900 engine is having difficulty passing the CARB emission standards. No telling when it will be available here. The 600 has already passed and is on sale here at many dealerships.

Thanks to all for the information. Based on the foregoing, sounds like it should be possible to mount a Monolock plate to the Max Mount with a little innovation.
    That's too bad. I will add that to my list of reasons not to move to Cali
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I intend to mount a Givi 'universal' plate to my Rally (but as has been said, you'd have to have the accessory Max Mount for the 600 first) and use a Chinese Givi knockoff that is currently residing on my Vespa 300ie Super. I'm fairly sure the universal plate will mount to the Max Mount since it offers so many options for mounting.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

Just saw another option tonight: New Rider Magazine, page 82. Fly Racing Tail Bag. 20.5 litre expandable to 27 liter capacity. $89.95 from flyracing.com. It has a unique mounting system that zips the bag off the base (no you can't put the passenger seat on with the base there), handy for taking the bag with you without undoing the straps. From the photos, looks like a good fit on the Max Mount, 15" long, 9" wide, 8.5" high unexpanded.

PS, nice letter to the editor on page 10, "Great Adventures."
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    Just saw another option tonight: New Rider Magazine, page 82. Fly Racing Tail Bag. 20.5 litre expandable to 27 liter capacity. $89.95 from flyracing.com.
    I wonder if those Fly Racing Saddle Bags would fit as well? Also, there is a YT video of someone with saddlebags, but I cannot figure out who makes them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DA1ZwMp2LM
    2019 Can-Am Ryker 900 RE
    2019 900 Rally Edition , Black w/Yellow Panels

Spyder Garage

I also wondered about the Fly Racing bags. I think all it would take is something to keep the bags out away from the swing arm. I'll take a much closer look once I have Ryker 'in hand.' The bags in the video are SSPEC; where ever they come from, they "Cannot deliver to the United States." BUT DHGate.com has similar bags (not waterproof, require included rain covers) that are shipped free from....wait....China. They look like they would fit the Rally nicely, ride high enough to clear everything.
    Last edited by McRuss; 04-09-2019 at 10:39 AM. Reason: added stuff

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamTRyker View Post
    I wonder if those Fly Racing Saddle Bags would fit as well? Also, there is a YT video of someone with saddlebags, but I cannot figure out who makes them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DA1ZwMp2LM
    I think its these:

https://www.dhgate.com/product/2018-...422509662.html

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    So, $62 for the bags and $183 shipping from China...uh...no thanks.
    2019 Can-Am Ryker 900 RE

Spyder Garage

So, $62 for the bags and $183 shipping from China...uh...no thanks.
    lol
    I just wanted to show you the bag (brand). Can they be bought anywhere else besides China?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Markubis View Post
    lol
    I just wanted to show you the bag (brand). Can they be bought anywhere else besides China?
    I couldn't find it, but I'm not sure of the best search phrase for this sort of thing. I suppose any adjustable saddle bags might work? I saw Amazon (is it OK to mention them???) has one of their "Basics" line in a saddle bag for about $50 I think. With enough straps, it might work.
    2019 Can-Am Ryker 900 RE

Spyder Garage

I couldn't find it, but I'm not sure of the best search phrase for this sort of thing. I suppose any adjustable saddle bags might work? I saw Amazon (is it OK to mention them???) has one of their "Basics" line in a saddle bag for about $50 I think. With enough straps, it might work.
    I saw that the bags had SSPEC on the backs of the bags so I did a search for " sspec saddlebags " and they popped up in one of the links. Try googling with those search terms.

Spyder Garage

Well, best laid plans of mice and Ryker owners....I got my new 'givi knockoff' box today. It is a beauty but I was wrong that the box on the scooter would fit on the Givi universal and thus the new won't either. The mounting pins are too close on the knockoff (the larger knockoff on my FJR DOES fit the Givi plate.) But not to worry, the mounting plate that came with the knockoff has lots of mounting position options and I"m sure I can make it fit the Max Mount. So I'll put the Givi universal plate back on a shelf in the event I decide to get a real Givi box for the Rally someday.

Spyder Garage

yes very easy if you have the maxmount 4E87AE13-8EB7-41CA-903F-E9AC1D7F3559.jpg4E87AE13-8EB7-41CA-903F-E9AC1D7F3559.jpg4E87AE13-8EB7-41CA-903F-E9AC1D7F3559.jpg

Spyder Garage