Spyder Garage

Spyder 2014 RT Limited + Web Boards

Hi all: I currently have a 2012 RT Limited but have a chance to pick up a very good, low mileage used 2014 RT Limited. I would like to move my Web Boards over to the 2014. I have heard that this can be done with an adapter kit but I have been unable to locate Web Boards. Are they out of business? Also any comments on the 2014? The main reason that I am considering doing this is for the larger, higher torque motor, six speed transmission and especially for the longer range. I have found, when on the interstate, riding two up and pulling a trailer I can only get a little over 100 miles to a tank of gas. I have heard that the 2014s and newer can do over 200 miles on a tank. Any experienced advice on this is welcome.
    2022 Spyder RT Limited , Deep Marsala / Chrome

Spyder Garage

You will get better mileage with the 2014, how much really depends on how much you play with the fun handle as well as the atmospheric conditions on the riding days. FWIW, over the course of 51,116 miles My 2014 RT-S has averaged 36.3 mpg. The mpg range on individual tanks of fuel has run from a low of 28.3 to a high of 45.4 mpg. Obviously, running 85 mph into a stiff Oklahoma headwind gives crap for mpg; OTOH, riding a long stretch of the Blue Ridge Pkwy at 45 gives great mileage. The same applies when the low fuel light comes on; you're not going to get as far on the remaining gas when you're flying along.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Hello Ken, last season I moved from a 2010 RT with a 990 engine to a 2014 Rt Limited which has the 1330.
    Don't walk, RUN!!! Day and night. I do two up and it is a dream. Can't help with your other request but don't let the 2014 limited go away.

........." It's a Great Life if you don't weaken' ".........

"You don't stop having fun when you get old...
    you get old when you stop having fun"

" Remember, Aging is Mandatory...
    Maturing is Optional "
    2014 RTS Limited , Matt Grey

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Seal Floorboards are easily adapted to those 2014 RT's and up that have those BRP short floorboards.
    Ride in comfort,
    John

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ride a 2014 RTS almost always two up and when pilling my trailer I need to be looking for gas between 150 to 175 miles...If your riding at 70 MPH and above be looking at the 150 mile mark...larryd