Spyder Garage

Default What to buy/2 Spyder family

Hi folks,
    Coming to the experts once again.
    We are getting ready to become a 2 Spyder family! We bought our F3S new last fall and love it! After almost 3,000 miles we are now both confident and I can say we have "learned to ride". We are currently saving to buy a second Spyder (either I will keep our current F3 or the wife will and I will get the second purchase, dependent on what we buy). The question is, do we continue to save and buy another Identical F3 new? We both absolutely HATE the way the RT rides (can't stand the leg position, I know it works for some but not for us). Do we buy used, looking into a GS, RS etc? I'm well aware of the 2 cyl vs 3 cyl maintenance schedules but what about performance? do the 2 cylinders keep up with the F3? Are they slower? Never ridden anything but a 3 cylinder so we just don't know.... How are the 2 cylinder models comfort-wise?

To add to the mix.... Don't want to hate on the Ryker but it's too small for what we're looking for.

Any input that's out there would be appreciated.
    2018 F3S , Black

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like it's all about ride position for you and your wife, if that is the case stay with the F3 you can always get a deal on used or left over model. F3, f3s or f3t. the RS and GS have the more up right siting position and leg position. Only the F3 and the Ryker have the legs forward type sitting position. Just my thoughts
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

The GS and RS will keep up, but you will need to stop more often for gas. Also the twins need higher revs and should not be shifted below 4000 rpm.
    We are a two F3 family, but it's your money so however way you go enjoy!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Hi frj322, the 2019 F3-S Special Series is worth a shout, mine was delivered today, the colour scheme is amazing.
    2015 F3-S in Magnesium with Can Am red frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Name of my F3-S - Sandra
    Xmas present to me and from myself on 6/11/2015 - 02/09/2018

2019 F3-S Special Series in Liquid Titanium with Orange frame
    Blue Ridge Windscreen
    Heated Grips
    Signature Light with switch to turn it off and on.
    Name of my F3-S - Pamela
    2019 F3-S Special Series , Liquid Titanium with orange frame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

its all about preference.
    I don't like the sitting situation of F3(ugly too) nor RT. its RS for me or no Spyder, most likely so I bought my 2nd RS last year, 15 RS with 700 miles on it, I figure I buy it when low mile RS was still available.
    my first spyder was a 09 that I put 55k miles on it.
    I don't want to be that upright on a RT nor F3.

if you prefer F3, I saw many previous year model at big discount.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The F3 is into its 4th model year so there should be lots of used ones out there now. Maybe even new left overs. Just start looking hard. I don't think there have been any substantial changes so a '15 or '16 should be essentially the same as the one you have now.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)