Spyder Garage

Default Ryker 600 final drive leaking after 1300K's

So i took my ryker into the dealership for its first inspection.

In addition to the standard rust problem with the wields where the seat mounts (can am has sent a notice out to dealerships about it, apparently its not a big issue) I also had rust in the hubs of both front wheels, the shop wasn't too concerned but they are chasing them up.

What i didn't know was a seal on my final drive had blown, the shop thankfully found it on inspection and are following it up, said it will all be covered under warranty.

I haven't been able to find anyone else with this issue so maybe i just got a one off dud seal. Thought i'd give other owners a heads up and check for traces of blue grease around their rear wheel just in case.

Sucks to have it sitting at home doing nothing as this is my daily drive.

Spyder Garage

Default Bummer.....

But thanks for the information. Keeps us up to date and lets the other know to watch for that issue on their check up before long rydes...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redback View Post
    So i took my ryker into the dealership for its first inspection.

In addition to the standard rust problem with the wields where the seat mounts (can am has sent a notice out to dealerships about it, apparently its not a big issue) I also had rust in the hubs of both front wheels, the shop wasn't too concerned but they are chasing them up.

What i didn't know was a seal on my final drive had blown, the shop thankfully found it on inspection and are following it up, said it will all be covered under warranty.

I haven't been able to find anyone else with this issue so maybe i just got a one off dud seal. Thought i'd give other owners a heads up and check for traces of blue grease around their rear wheel just in case.

Sucks to have it sitting at home doing nothing as this is my daily drive.
    Holy BMW Batman. Yes, I have experienced the leaking final drive seal in a past life. The dealer will get you fixed up and now you are aware. The nice thing about a new model is that the manufacturer likely will bend over backward to make it right.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redback View Post
    So i took my ryker into the dealership for its first inspection........What i didn't know was a seal on my final drive had blown, the shop thankfully found it on inspection and are following it up, said it will all be covered under warranty..........
    Good catch by your dealer.
    ----
    Joe

2023 F3

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just changed my finanl drive gear oil and wondering if a seal inside the f d let the gear oil wash the grease out of the wheel splines causing your issue? cueman

Spyder Garage

My 900 ACE has 499 miles and I just found that blue sludge grease on my back wheel and also found it in rotor, just like in your pic. Guess I’ll be at dealership tomorrow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Various people have posted about this issue at various pages and forums on the net. Seems to be an issue for some of the earlier built models. Fuel pump whine, coolant bottle cracks and leaks, brake reservoir diagram leak (that's all I can think of) seem to be common issues with these models as well. I have the fuel pump whine issue but have escaped all other problems people have reported. On-line rumor is if the bike was delivered after 6/1 there is much less of a chance your bike has these issues. I've really had 2200 trouble fee miles....fingers crossed for more

Spyder Garage

I dropped mine off at dealership this morning. Mechanic stated that he never had to fix that issue before, guess mine will be the guinea pig. I was told I wouldn’t get it back till the end of next week.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    I dropped mine off at dealership this morning. Mechanic stated that he never had to fix that issue before, guess mine will be the guinea pig. I was told I wouldn’t get it back till the end of next week.
    Update: Today makes one week that dealership had my Ryker. I called and asked the status and was told “we looked at it and we are waiting on can am to tell us what we need to do and then we are going to order the parts. I can believe it’s taken a week so far and nothing was even done or parts even ordered yet

Spyder Garage

I have the same blue green grease leak. How did the dealer fix yours?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerUSA View Post
    I have the same blue green grease leak. How did the dealer fix yours?
    they replaced the final drive with a new unit.

Spyder Garage

Mine did the same - new final drive.