Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 44 of 44
  1. #26
    Active Member Zoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    41
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    How is your sway bar easier to install than factory? Doesn't it connect to roughly the same points and run through the same area??

  2. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Latvia
    Posts
    8
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Yes it does improve handling. Much easier cornering and stability when overtaking. I also swapped plastic end links to aluminum ************.
    Worth while. Get one.

  3. #28
    SpyderLovers Sponsor BajaRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeneville, TN
    Posts
    10,395
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
    How is your sway bar easier to install than factory? Doesn't it connect to roughly the same points and run through the same area??
    Yes, my sway bar wil connect to the same, identical points as the OEM or BRP upgrade sway bar. Pretty much has to. But that is about where the comparison stops. I hope to have it at Spyderfest this Wednesday. I've got just a bit more to do before leaving for Spyderfest later this week. If all goes well, the BajaRon Custom Performance Sway Bar for the Ryker will be available to see and to install at Lamonster Garage in Nixa, MO. I will have the bar kit available in retail form soon. It will be much easier to install than the OEM bar kit.

    See you at Spyderfest - Lamonster Garage!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 04-28-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...





  4. #29
    Active Member SpyderGTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Keller, TX
    Posts
    263
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    If the install of the OEM bar is a real bear, what do you think the removal of it will be like to swap it out with your bar? After seeing Lamont’s and a few other Rykers today, my wife and I have talked ourselves into adding a Rally Edition to our Spyder stable. In that case, we’ll have to do the swap.
    - Carl

    2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)


  5. #30
    SpyderLovers Sponsor BajaRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeneville, TN
    Posts
    10,395
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGTL View Post
    If the install of the OEM bar is a real bear, what do you think the removal of it will be like to swap it out with your bar? After seeing Lamont’s and a few other Rykers today, my wife and I have talked ourselves into adding a Rally Edition to our Spyder stable. In that case, we’ll have to do the swap.
    It's been a bit of a whirlwind what with trying to get the Ryker sway bar ready for prime time and Spyderfest at the same time.

    We installed the completed, production bar kit on my Ryker before we came to Spyderfest and tested it out some. It works great and I am very happy with it. But we were still in need of a bit more time to get the install sequence down to the best, most efficient, easiest and fastest way possible. We were able to work on exactly this by installing a bar kit on SpyderPop's Ryker at Lamonster Garage. We worked on this for the last 2 days in-between talking with everyone that came by. We were going to install a bar on Lamont's Ryker as well. But Elka was working on installing their new system on that same Ryker. And with the volume of riders who showed up today wanting work done to their rides, we decided to let that pass.

    Once things settle down, Lamont will get that bar installed and I'm sure between him, SpyderPops and myself (when I get back home), there will be pictures and more details. As soon as I can get instructions worked up for the DIY installers, this bar kit will be available for retail purchase.
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...





  6. #31
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Grove City, OH USA
    Posts
    97
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It's been a bit of a whirlwind what with trying to get the Ryker sway bar ready for prime time and Spyderfest at the same time.

    We installed the completed, production bar kit on my Ryker before we came to Spyderfest and tested it out some. It works great and I am very happy with it. But we were still in need of a bit more time to get the install sequence down to the best, most efficient, easiest and fastest way possible. We were able to work on exactly this by installing a bar kit on SpyderPop's Ryker at Lamonster Garage. We worked on this for the last 2 days in-between talking with everyone that came by. We were going to install a bar on Lamont's Ryker as well. But Elka was working on installing their new system on that same Ryker. And with the volume of riders who showed up today wanting work done to their rides, we decided to let that pass.

    Once things settle down, Lamont will get that bar installed and I'm sure between him, SpyderPops and myself (when I get back home), there will be pictures and more details. As soon as I can get instructions worked up for the DIY installers, this bar kit will be available for retail purchase.
    Any updates on availability?

  7. #32
    SpyderLovers Sponsor BajaRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeneville, TN
    Posts
    10,395
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    Any updates on availability?
    The Ryker sway bars are done. We had them at Lamonster Garage for install. I am working on install instructions right now so I can send them out retail. This is a tough time of year to get a new product finished. Business volume has been greater than ever. Filling orders takes most of my day. But I am almost done. I just need to take a few more pictures to go with the written instructions. I will, hopefully, be shipping retail Ryker bar kits early next week. I will be offering a discount for the 1st 3 bars ordered to jump start this, get some bars on Rykers and consumer feedback. The initial feedback from my test pilots has been excellent when compared to both the OEM bar and the BRP upgrade bar as well.
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...





  8. #33
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    10
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Is there a price for the sway bars yet?

  9. #34
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    The Ryker sway bars are done. We had them at Lamonster Garage for install. I am working on install instructions right now so I can send them out retail. This is a tough time of year to get a new product finished. Business volume has been greater than ever. Filling orders takes most of my day. But I am almost done. I just need to take a few more pictures to go with the written instructions. I will, hopefully, be shipping retail Ryker bar kits early next week. I will be offering a discount for the 1st 3 bars ordered to jump start this, get some bars on Rykers and consumer feedback. The initial feedback from my test pilots has been excellent when compared to both the OEM bar and the BRP upgrade bar as well.

    Definitely interested. It's one thing I absolutely intend on upgrading. Would love to have it installed for my trip from TX to CO at the end of the month.

  10. #35
    SpyderLovers Sponsor BajaRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeneville, TN
    Posts
    10,395
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I apologize to all of you who have purchased my new Ryker Sway Bar kit. I discovered that all of the spacers sent to me were of standard steel material. They were supposed to be Stainless Steel. We didn't realize the error until we discovered they were rusting badly. I am supposed to receive the correct Stainless Steel spacers today. If I can get them in time I plan to ship all Ryker sway bar orders out today.

    I know how it is to be waiting on a product. I've been there myself. I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing all I can to get these kits shipped out to you. I just couldn't bring myself to ship them with steel spacers. They work fine. But a whole lotta rust!
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...





  11. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    France
    Posts
    24
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I apologize to all of you who have purchased my new Ryker Sway Bar kit. I discovered that all of the spacers sent to me were of standard steel material. They were supposed to be Stainless Steel. We didn't realize the error until we discovered they were rusting badly. I am supposed to receive the correct Stainless Steel spacers today. If I can get them in time I plan to ship all Ryker sway bar orders out today.

    I know how it is to be waiting on a product. I've been there myself. I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing all I can to get these kits shipped out to you. I just couldn't bring myself to ship them with steel spacers. They work fine. But a whole lotta rust!
    thanks for the news.

  12. #37
    Active Member DriftersWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Uniontown, Pa
    Posts
    406
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Like I said.. Send it when you can.
    2014 RTL SE6

  13. #38
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Lakehills, Texas for now
    Posts
    135
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default


  14. #39
    SpyderLovers Sponsor BajaRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeneville, TN
    Posts
    10,395
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    4 Ryker bar kits went out yesterday. Another 8 will go out today. I'm finally catching up. I must say I am very excited about this one. I think you will be impressed. At least I hope so. It gets harder and harder to live up to the hype. But I am trying!
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...





  15. #40
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    France
    Posts
    24
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    thanks for your job

  16. #41
    Very Active Member Sarge707's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    3,345
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    4 Ryker bar kits went out yesterday. Another 8 will go out today. I'm finally catching up. I must say I am very excited about this one. I think you will be impressed. At least I hope so. It gets harder and harder to live up to the hype. But I am trying!
    Will pictures and instructions be available for DIY people before they buy so they can decide if they can do it AND will you have to lift the Ryker 23 inches or more like the F3?
    2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

    Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

  17. #42
    SpyderLovers Sponsor BajaRon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Greeneville, TN
    Posts
    10,395
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Will pictures and instructions be available for DIY people before they buy so they can decide if they can do it AND will you have to lift the Ryker 23 inches or more like the F3?
    Yes, I can send a full set of instructions to anyone who would like to look them over before they buy. Please email me at fyredad@hotmail.com This makes it easier on me. I'm getting old so I'm looking for 'Easier' every chance I get!

    I must say that this will be one of the easier installs when compared to the current sway bar kits. No need to jack your Ryker to the sky like with the 2013-2019 Spyders.
    Only SLOW people have to leave on time...





  18. #43
    Active Member DriftersWay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Uniontown, Pa
    Posts
    406
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    Mine is on its way... Thanks Ron
    2014 RTL SE6

  19. #44
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Lakehills, Texas for now
    Posts
    135
    Spyder Garage
    0

    Default

    I received my bar Saturday, installed it today. It DOES make a difference, especially on rough roads. I don't notice a big difference on cornering but it definitely takes much of the instability out of rough road riding (and I have lots of those...)

    Some tips for those who have not yet installed Ron's kit:
    1) don't forget to disconnect the fan when you move the radiator;
    2) the initial directions (they may be changed by now) have an error: the 'slit' in the block goes up, not down. Put the Left Bottom Down on the left and the Right Bottom Down on the right (as you face the front) and you are good.
    3) use a long box end 10mm wrench to get to the nuts on the blocks (they are a bear but it can be done!)
    4) use a piece of paper to 'jam' the nut in the box end when you are putting them back on

    If these tips don't make sense now, they will when you start the installation!

    Took two of us just about 2.5 hours to do mine. I think we can do my buddies in under 2 now that we know some stuff!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •