Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

How is your sway bar easier to install than factory? Doesn't it connect to roughly the same points and run through the same area??

Spyder Garage

Yes it does improve handling. Much easier cornering and stability when overtaking. I also swapped plastic end links to aluminum ************.
    Worth while. Get one.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
    How is your sway bar easier to install than factory? Doesn't it connect to roughly the same points and run through the same area??
    Yes, my sway bar wil connect to the same, identical points as the OEM or BRP upgrade sway bar. Pretty much has to. But that is about where the comparison stops. I hope to have it at Spyderfest this Wednesday. I've got just a bit more to do before leaving for Spyderfest later this week. If all goes well, the BajaRon Custom Performance Sway Bar for the Ryker will be available to see and to install at Lamonster Garage in Nixa, MO. I will have the bar kit available in retail form soon. It will be much easier to install than the OEM bar kit.

See you at Spyderfest - Lamonster Garage!
    Last edited by BajaRon; 04-28-2019 at 04:43 PM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

If the install of the OEM bar is a real bear, what do you think the removal of it will be like to swap it out with your bar? After seeing Lamont’s and a few other Rykers today, my wife and I have talked ourselves into adding a Rally Edition to our Spyder stable. In that case, we’ll have to do the swap.
    - Carl

2017 Can Am F3-L (current ryde)
    2015 Can Am F3-S (previous ryde)
    2012 BMW K1600 (previous ride)
    2016 Can Am F3-T (wife's)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGTL View Post
    If the install of the OEM bar is a real bear, what do you think the removal of it will be like to swap it out with your bar? After seeing Lamont’s and a few other Rykers today, my wife and I have talked ourselves into adding a Rally Edition to our Spyder stable. In that case, we’ll have to do the swap.
    It's been a bit of a whirlwind what with trying to get the Ryker sway bar ready for prime time and Spyderfest at the same time.

We installed the completed, production bar kit on my Ryker before we came to Spyderfest and tested it out some. It works great and I am very happy with it. But we were still in need of a bit more time to get the install sequence down to the best, most efficient, easiest and fastest way possible. We were able to work on exactly this by installing a bar kit on SpyderPop's Ryker at Lamonster Garage. We worked on this for the last 2 days in-between talking with everyone that came by. We were going to install a bar on Lamont's Ryker as well. But Elka was working on installing their new system on that same Ryker. And with the volume of riders who showed up today wanting work done to their rides, we decided to let that pass.

Once things settle down, Lamont will get that bar installed and I'm sure between him, SpyderPops and myself (when I get back home), there will be pictures and more details. As soon as I can get instructions worked up for the DIY installers, this bar kit will be available for retail purchase.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    It's been a bit of a whirlwind what with trying to get the Ryker sway bar ready for prime time and Spyderfest at the same time.

We installed the completed, production bar kit on my Ryker before we came to Spyderfest and tested it out some. It works great and I am very happy with it. But we were still in need of a bit more time to get the install sequence down to the best, most efficient, easiest and fastest way possible. We were able to work on exactly this by installing a bar kit on SpyderPop's Ryker at Lamonster Garage. We worked on this for the last 2 days in-between talking with everyone that came by. We were going to install a bar on Lamont's Ryker as well. But Elka was working on installing their new system on that same Ryker. And with the volume of riders who showed up today wanting work done to their rides, we decided to let that pass.

Once things settle down, Lamont will get that bar installed and I'm sure between him, SpyderPops and myself (when I get back home), there will be pictures and more details. As soon as I can get instructions worked up for the DIY installers, this bar kit will be available for retail purchase.
    Any updates on availability?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    Any updates on availability?
    The Ryker sway bars are done. We had them at Lamonster Garage for install. I am working on install instructions right now so I can send them out retail. This is a tough time of year to get a new product finished. Business volume has been greater than ever. Filling orders takes most of my day. But I am almost done. I just need to take a few more pictures to go with the written instructions. I will, hopefully, be shipping retail Ryker bar kits early next week. I will be offering a discount for the 1st 3 bars ordered to jump start this, get some bars on Rykers and consumer feedback. The initial feedback from my test pilots has been excellent when compared to both the OEM bar and the BRP upgrade bar as well.

Spyder Garage

Is there a price for the sway bars yet?

Spyder Garage

The Ryker sway bars are done. We had them at Lamonster Garage for install. I am working on install instructions right now so I can send them out retail. This is a tough time of year to get a new product finished. Business volume has been greater than ever. Filling orders takes most of my day. But I am almost done. I just need to take a few more pictures to go with the written instructions. I will, hopefully, be shipping retail Ryker bar kits early next week. I will be offering a discount for the 1st 3 bars ordered to jump start this, get some bars on Rykers and consumer feedback. The initial feedback from my test pilots has been excellent when compared to both the OEM bar and the BRP upgrade bar as well.

Definitely interested. It's one thing I absolutely intend on upgrading. Would love to have it installed for my trip from TX to CO at the end of the month.

Spyder Garage

I apologize to all of you who have purchased my new Ryker Sway Bar kit. I discovered that all of the spacers sent to me were of standard steel material. They were supposed to be Stainless Steel. We didn't realize the error until we discovered they were rusting badly. I am supposed to receive the correct Stainless Steel spacers today. If I can get them in time I plan to ship all Ryker sway bar orders out today.

I know how it is to be waiting on a product. I've been there myself. I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing all I can to get these kits shipped out to you. I just couldn't bring myself to ship them with steel spacers. They work fine. But a whole lotta rust!

Spyder Garage

I apologize to all of you who have purchased my new Ryker Sway Bar kit. I discovered that all of the spacers sent to me were of standard steel material. They were supposed to be Stainless Steel. We didn't realize the error until we discovered they were rusting badly. I am supposed to receive the correct Stainless Steel spacers today. If I can get them in time I plan to ship all Ryker sway bar orders out today.

I know how it is to be waiting on a product. I've been there myself. I wanted to let everyone know that I am doing all I can to get these kits shipped out to you. I just couldn't bring myself to ship them with steel spacers. They work fine. But a whole lotta rust!
    thanks for the news.

Spyder Garage

Like I said.. Send it when you can.
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

4 Ryker bar kits went out yesterday. Another 8 will go out today. I'm finally catching up. I must say I am very excited about this one. I think you will be impressed. At least I hope so. It gets harder and harder to live up to the hype. But I am trying!

Spyder Garage

thanks for your job

Spyder Garage

4 Ryker bar kits went out yesterday. Another 8 will go out today. I'm finally catching up. I must say I am very excited about this one. I think you will be impressed. At least I hope so. It gets harder and harder to live up to the hype. But I am trying!
    Will pictures and instructions be available for DIY people before they buy so they can decide if they can do it AND will you have to lift the Ryker 23 inches or more like the F3?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Will pictures and instructions be available for DIY people before they buy so they can decide if they can do it AND will you have to lift the Ryker 23 inches or more like the F3?
    Yes, I can send a full set of instructions to anyone who would like to look them over before they buy. Please email me at fyredad@hotmail.com This makes it easier on me. I'm getting old so I'm looking for 'Easier' every chance I get!

I must say that this will be one of the easier installs when compared to the current sway bar kits. No need to jack your Ryker to the sky like with the 2013-2019 Spyders.

Spyder Garage

Mine is on its way... Thanks Ron
    2022 F3 Limited , Monolith Black / Dark

Spyder Garage

I received my bar Saturday, installed it today. It DOES make a difference, especially on rough roads. I don't notice a big difference on cornering but it definitely takes much of the instability out of rough road riding (and I have lots of those...)

Some tips for those who have not yet installed Ron's kit:
    1) don't forget to disconnect the fan when you move the radiator;
    2) the initial directions (they may be changed by now) have an error: the 'slit' in the block goes up, not down. Put the Left Bottom Down on the left and the Right Bottom Down on the right (as you face the front) and you are good.
    3) use a long box end 10mm wrench to get to the nuts on the blocks (they are a bear but it can be done!)
    4) use a piece of paper to 'jam' the nut in the box end when you are putting them back on

If these tips don't make sense now, they will when you start the installation!

Took two of us just about 2.5 hours to do mine. I think we can do my buddies in under 2 now that we know some stuff!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    I received my bar Saturday, installed it today. It DOES make a difference, especially on rough roads. I don't notice a big difference on cornering but it definitely takes much of the instability out of rough road riding (and I have lots of those...)

Some tips for those who have not yet installed Ron's kit:
    1) don't forget to disconnect the fan when you move the radiator;
    2) the initial directions (they may be changed by now) have an error: the 'slit' in the block goes up, not down. Put the Left Bottom Down on the left and the Right Bottom Down on the right (as you face the front) and you are good.
    3) use a long box end 10mm wrench to get to the nuts on the blocks (they are a bear but it can be done!)
    4) use a piece of paper to 'jam' the nut in the box end when you are putting them back on

If these tips don't make sense now, they will when you start the installation!

Took two of us just about 2.5 hours to do mine. I think we can do my buddies in under 2 now that we know some stuff!
    I would add a couple more things:

1. The Arm pinch bolts for the are 5/32 and not 1/8.
    2. I left the factory bar connected while I cut it in half. That eliminated having to hold it while cutting it. Once it was cut and then disconnected, it slid right out.
    3. I put a dab of grease on each side of the link lower connection, which held the spacers in place while sliding the bolt through.
    4. Installing the Bushing Block flange nuts was the most difficult part of the install. I found that magnetizing my 10mm box end wrench helped. Like McRuss said - they are a bear.
    5. Don't forget to reconnect the fan connection like some 71 year old idiot did. lol

I did notice that curves are flatter with the new bar. Looking forward to some more riding today to evaluate the stability and lateral forces from wind. I found BajaRon to be very responsive to my questions, so don't be afraid to contact him if stumped, or reach out here for help.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bcraig View Post
    I would add a couple more things:

1. The Arm pinch bolts for the are 5/32 and not 1/8.
    2. I left the factory bar connected while I cut it in half. That eliminated having to hold it while cutting it. Once it was cut and then disconnected, it slid right out.
    3. I put a dab of grease on each side of the link lower connection, which held the spacers in place while sliding the bolt through.
    4. Installing the Bushing Block flange nuts was the most difficult part of the install. I found that magnetizing my 10mm box end wrench helped. Like McRuss said - they are a bear.
    5. Don't forget to reconnect the fan connection like some 71 year old idiot did. lol

I did notice that curves are flatter with the new bar. Looking forward to some more riding today to evaluate the stability and lateral forces from wind. I found BajaRon to be very responsive to my questions, so don't be afraid to contact him if stumped, or reach out here for help.
    Initial instruction sheets had some errors. I have made corrections which address all of the suggestions/dependencies listed. It is definitely a process. And I will say that making good, step-by-step instructions may be the most difficult portion of any project.

Thank you for all the input, feedback and suggestions! It makes it easier on the next person.

Spyder Garage

hi, BajaRon can you send me a new instructions sheet please ?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sonsofanarchy View Post
    hi, BajaRon can you send me a new instructions sheet please ?
    Already done...

Spyder Garage

thanks a lot

Spyder Garage

Ron,
    At least your instructions are written in English and not Canadian! And thanks for picking up the phone when we called! It is nice to have someone who really cares about their product! I made a longer run with the finished product yesterday but wind was brutal and I was fighting that and not really able to fully evaluate the addition of the sway bar. I did notice a difference on my rough road but not sure about the curves. Time will tell but I'm glad I made the conversion!

PS, it didn't matter but there is no Photo #10.