Thread: belt tensioner

Spyder Garage

Default belt tensioner

Hi spyderlovers pick up my new 2019 f3s special series spyder went for a nice ride,got up to 71 to 75 mh and felt no vibrations at all, when I got home I check to see if it had a belt tensioner installed from the factory and to my surprise it was ,I guess brp is getting the message, they must check out our site. I think I will install the lamonster upgrades roller.now if only they install a turbo for it
    richie spyder

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ssmcclub View Post
    Hi spyderlovers pick up my new 2019 f3s special series spyder went for a nice ride,got up to 71 to 75 mh and felt no vibrations at all, when I got home I check to see if it had a belt tensioner installed from the factory and to my surprise it was ,I guess brp is getting the message, they must check out our site. I think I will install the lamonster upgrades roller.now if only they install a turbo for it
    Try the Stage 2 upgrade from Monster Fuel injections--burn rubber all the way thru 1st gear & a touch of the 2nd gear.
    Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

I just went to install the roller upgrade in my 2018 F3 Limited and found there was NO tensioner installed. Is that possible? Should there be one?

Spyder Garage

My 18 F3 L didn't have one ethier. Maybe the 19s do now or his dealer is installing them when they prep them. They may be tired of complaints.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by esolberg View Post
    I just went to install the roller upgrade in my 2018 F3 Limited and found there was NO tensioner installed. Is that possible? Should there be one?
    My 2019 F3L did not have one either, I removed the one on my 16' to use on my 19' and I did upgrade the Lamonster roller.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderF3 View Post
    My 2019 F3L did not have one either, I removed the one on my 16' to use on my 19' and I did upgrade the Lamonster roller.
    Do they make a difference on these newer bikes?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by esolberg View Post
    Do they make a difference on these newer bikes?
    I didn't ride the 19', I just installed it from new. I could fell a difference on my 16' so I assumed the 19' would be the same without it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderF3 View Post
    My 2019 F3L did not come with the tensioner either. I purchased one from Lamonster and installed it but I really can't feel any difference with or without (at any speed up to 75mph).
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue