Spyder Garage

Default 2018 F3T USB Not Working

Hoping someone might be able to help. I just bought a 2018 F3T and the USB will not connect. I've tried every USB cord and even went and bought a new Apple Lightning Cable. It connects via Bluetooth, but no recognition from the USB when trying to connect to BRP Connect.

I'm going to take it back to the dealership, but I anticipate they will deny it is the USB connection. Tried my buddy's phone, my wife's phone, etc. Nothing works.

Anyone ever seen this?

Spyder Garage

Before going to the dealer, check this first ... http://osxdaily.com/2018/11/21/unloc...ories-message/

Spyder Garage

Thanks! I'll give this a try this afternoon for sure.

Spyder Garage

Well, tried the iPhone setting and still no connection to USB

Spyder Garage

Will state I do not have a solid idea up front, but a couple thoughts/questions.

1) You mention a few phones, were they all iPhones, or did you try an android? I ask because if it will not work with either phone type, that steers towards a cable/usb issue very quickly. It could easily be a bad connection os the USB cable to the main unit or similar if neither phone types work. I understand that you can't use a USB drive or similar with BRP Connect, so might be worth trying an android.
    2) Were the phones UNLOCKED when you plugged them in, and BRP Connect installed. The sequence I had to use the first time was a) let radio boot up, b) unlock phone c) start BRP Connect app on phone, d) plug phone into USB, d) the phone screen would go to a BRP page and be locked for direct input.....things worked from Spyder controls from there. Also, were the phones in cases? If so, some cases lock phones when shut so the case must be open for BRP connect to work. Phone unlocked is KEY before plugging in!
    3) Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the BRP Connect App. This is unlikely to be cause, since you use multiple phones, but the app requires several permissions to the phone.
    4) I assume the phone is newer, make sure version go IoS is compatible.
    5) What version of software is your bike running? (Can check through menus). If not at least 13.2, connections issues were prevalent. 13.2 seems to connect pretty well and reliably, my experience, but my 2018 cane with 1.X and was TERRIBLE. If you are older/lower than 13.2, the current version is 20.8.

Very possibly a USB issue, but wanted to throw out a few things to try in case. Just ideas, no magic bullets. Good luck
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Did check with an Android, that wasn't it. I also checked the software, let's just say I need an update. Through some searches, I did see where there is a common problem that USB is not hooked up (located under backseat). I'll choose not to mess with that since I'm just learning.

Good news is that I'm having a backrest installed on Friday, looks like I need to add a couple of items on the visit lol.

Spyder Garage

Good morning all,
    I'm really new to the Sypder as well. Purchased a 2018 F3T back in October. I Played around with the Bluetooth, USB, and BRP Connect app, and in the end I just disconnected my phone from the Spyder, and just use my Sena 20S EVO. My question here is how would one know if the USB is connected or not? All I can remember with my limited experience is that the phone pretty much gets locked out when the BRP Connect button is pushed on the Spyder. What would the indication be if not using BRP Connect?

I have had a lot of questions since i got my Spyder but most of the answers I have found here. You guys are great.

Spyder Garage

Since you tried an android (meaning both phone types) also, I would bet it is either the bike's USB not being connected/loose as you mention or the software. If your software is older than version 13.2, I would mention to dealer. They should try that first. I had same issue with version 10.X my bike came with in Nov, poor connections. Good luck with the dealer......

Quote Originally Posted by sgmcmahon View Post
    Did check with an Android, that wasn't it. I also checked the software, let's just say I need an update. Through some searches, I did see where there is a common problem that USB is not hooked up (located under backseat). I'll choose not to mess with that since I'm just learning.

Good news is that I'm having a backrest installed on Friday, looks like I need to add a couple of items on the visit lol.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw58 View Post
    Good morning all,
    I'm really new to the Sypder as well. Purchased a 2018 F3T back in October. I Played around with the Bluetooth, USB, and BRP Connect app, and in the end I just disconnected my phone from the Spyder, and just use my Sena 20S EVO. My question here is how would one know if the USB is connected or not? All I can remember with my limited experience is that the phone pretty much gets locked out when the BRP Connect button is pushed on the Spyder. What would the indication be if not using BRP Connect?

I have had a lot of questions since i got my Spyder but most of the answers I have found here. You guys are great.
    Yes, if the phone locks out with a back screen with a small phone sketch in the upper left, you are in BRP Connect. You can then hit the back trigger on left bar, and the applicable apps should pop up. If not connected, and you pull the trigger, the bike tells you to connect the phone
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Just as an update, went to the dealer today and i'm like 5 updates behind. Of course, there were issues and they spent most of the time on the phone with BRP. Long story short, 4 hours laters, still not working. Only one update went through, so I'll take it and drop it off sometime next week.