Spyder Garage

Default New fobo bike 2 for trike is available.

TRULY BLUETOOTH 5 TPMS FOR 3 WHEELERS!
    I am running a new 2018 RTL with an auto air shock (need 4 sensors) on horrible WISCONSIN POTHOLE roads so I need a tire monitoring that is the best and after researching I am gonna pull the trigger for all four of newest FOBO sensors with new app.

Talked to a Senior Engineer - Product | Salutica Allied Solutions Sdn. Bhd. (a subsidiary of Salutica Berhad) regarding this new FOBO2 and he said:
    You can use reversed trike + air-shock profile in FOBO bike 2 App to monitor canAm tires and air shock.
    We are still working on BRP connect integration with this FOBO Bike 2 and it will be available soon.

The FOBO Bike 2 App on google play only supports the new FOBO Bike 2 sensors-

https://my-fobo.com/Product/TRIKE2
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

I will watch and see if it works any better than the Fobo classic system I wasted so much money on.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

So the Trike2 system comes with 3 sensors. Do you just buy a 4th sensor as an extra and the app then lets you use all 4 of them to monitor the air shock too then?

But...would I really NEED to monitor the air shock at all on the 2018 RTL?

I also have a 2018 RTL, and my understanding is it's going to automatically use the Spyder's internal compressor to adjust the air shock regardless of what I do. I checked the pressure using a regular tire gauge on the under the seat valve stem and it read 52 PSI. I have no idea if that is "normal" or what would be. There is a chart in the Owner's Manual, but it's confusing as to whether I should use it if I have the "ACS Rear Suspension Adjustment (with Automatic Adjustment)", which 2018 RTL's have. The manual implies the PSI is already set at a "normal" level and the ACS will handle everything from there. I weigh 200 lbs and ride 1-up. I've never "weight loaded" my Spyder yet with a bunch of luggage or carried a passenger, and I've never heard the compressor do anything (like the manual says I sometimes will) in the 4 weeks I've had the RTL.

Am I missing a concept here? Should I even worry about the air shock pressure of the air shock on my 2018 RTL? Or does the Spyder manage it all by itself?
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FalconAF View Post
    So the Trike2 system comes with 3 sensors. Do you just buy a 4th sensor as an extra and the app then lets you use all 4 of them to monitor the air shock too then?

But...would I really NEED to monitor the air shock at all on the 2018 RTL?

I also have a 2018 RTL, and my understanding is it's going to automatically use the Spyder's internal compressor to adjust the air shock regardless of what I do. I checked the pressure using a regular tire gauge on the under the seat valve stem and it read 52 PSI. I have no idea if that is "normal" or what would be. There is a chart in the Owner's Manual, but it's confusing as to whether I should use it if I have the "ACS Rear Suspension Adjustment (with Automatic Adjustment)", which 2018 RTL's have. The manual implies the PSI is already set at a "normal" level and the ACS will handle everything from there. I weigh 200 lbs and ride 1-up. I've never "weight loaded" my Spyder yet with a bunch of luggage or carried a passenger, and I've never heard the compressor do anything (like the manual says I sometimes will) in the 4 weeks I've had the RTL.

Am I missing a concept here? Should I even worry about the air shock pressure of the air shock on my 2018 RTL? Or does the Spyder manage it all by itself?
    Hi Falcon, I also tried to understand the new non-adjustable air shock and even had dealer order the missing required shock pressure decal under warranty (in manual) for this air shock. Dealer got me the decal and said that the air shock is all automatic and no adjustment needed. So I am just putting on the new FOBO2 sensors along with the air shock because it allows it to be. I do not think we need to worry about the air shock because it is automatic but it is nice to know what pressures are happening with 2-up and load or 1-up. The FOBO parts are:
    FOBO Bike 2 TRIKE, Black, 3v Part # FM2441 Model # TM1802 TIRE PRESSURE MONITOR SYSTEM (for all three tires).
    FOBO2 FOBO BIKE 2 BLACK TPMS SENSOR Part # FM2465 Model # TM1802 (for schrader valve under the seat). Total cost $204.00 for all four from Mylasia. Here is my screenshot of the new FOBO 2 app with all four sensors.
    Screenshot of new FOBO 2 Trike with Air Shock.jpg

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

OK, thanks for that explanation. I'm still hesitant to buy the FOBO though because I've read that some people who did OS updates on their phones caused the FOBO to not work at all anymore, and FOBO said "too bad". After doing IT in the Air Force for over 26 years, I would be inclined to believe that is more likely an end-user error of some kind after the phone update. But if FOBO is really leaving a $140+ product user hanging out to dry after a cell phone Operating System update, then I wouldn't buy it.

How long have you had your FOBO? What phone OS are you using (Apple IOS or Android)? Have you experienced any issues with the FOBO after updating your phone's Operating System?
    2018 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FalconAF View Post
    OK, thanks for that explanation. I'm still hesitant to buy the FOBO though because I've read that some people who did OS updates on their phones caused the FOBO to not work at all anymore, and FOBO said "too bad". After doing IT in the Air Force for over 26 years, I would be inclined to believe that is more likely an end-user error of some kind after the phone update. But if FOBO is really leaving a $140+ product user hanging out to dry after a cell phone Operating System update, then I wouldn't buy it.

How long have you had your FOBO? What phone OS are you using (Apple IOS or Android)? Have you experienced any issues with the FOBO after updating your phone's Operating System?
    Its not hearsay. It happened to me. FOBO Customer dis-service is awful the moment you insinuate there may be anything wrong with their product that needs improvement. I sold off all our stock of this product at a loss and no longer carry it. Big waste of money on a defective product.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    Its not hearsay. It happened to me. FOBO Customer dis-service is awful the moment you insinuate there may be anything wrong with their product that needs improvement. I sold off all our stock of this product at a loss and no longer carry it. Big waste of money on a defective product.
    I am running Android S9 with FOBO2 app for only two weeks. It is a smooth operation to monitor and the share feature works great.
    Sorry to hear about the bad experience with the original FOBO and customer support problems. I took a leap of faith in trying these much smaller and lighter new Bluetooth5 FOBO2 sensors and to date have exchanged many emails with prompt support questions and help.
    I first ordered the wrong - extra FOBO original sensor for the air shock and that did not work with the new sensors and app yet. Support took care of my order right away and sent the correct one within days along with follow up emails to confirm all is working correct. Will update how these perform now that all is up and running. They are aware of old sensor compatibility issues and say this:FOBO Bike 2 App Updates

Android version (1.3.0), Released date: 25.03.2019

What's new:

- Gauge pressure.

What's fixed:

- UI improvement.

- FOBO Share bugs fixed.

What's pending:

- Android Wear compatibility.

- BRP Connect integration.

- Firmware update.

- Overlay feature.

- Reference pressure.

- First generation FOBO Bike compatibility.

- Group Ride.
    Last edited by MeudtPG; 04-13-2019 at 09:10 AM. Reason: OS type.

Spyder Garage

FOBO is still saying "coming soon" for the FOBO Bike 2/BRP Connect integration. I had inquired if I could use the supported FOBO Bike app with the FOBO Bike 2 sensors. I'm trying to pin them down on a more exact time.

"Dear Sir,
    Thanks for contacting us.
    You cannot use FOBO bike 2 sensors with FOBO bike App on BRP, we are in the midst of developing FOBO bike 2 BRP connect App. It will be available soon."

Spyder Garage

The FOBO engineer says they're shooting for the end of this month.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Been running FOBO's (4 of them on android s5) for years. Behind Squared Away and Baja Ron, they're probably the neatest upgrade I've ever invested in. By the way, whenever you receive or install an upgrade on your phone or computer, it's the same as seeing a road sign saying "caution one lane bridge rough road ahead!"

Spyder Garage

That would be nice. Plese keep us posted.
    Thanks

Joe
    Lamonster Bright Ryder,
    Lamonster Bright Tail Lighter,
    Lamonster H4 LED Headlights,
    Lamonster LED Fog Lights,
    Lamonster Fog Light Ring Combo,
    Rox Riser
    Lamonster Driver Back Rest,
    Lamonster Frame Mount Drink Holder.
    Lamonster 15" Freedom Shield Wind Shield
    ******* USA flag
    Freecom 2 head sets
    Mirror Wedgies by Squared Away
    Motorcycle Dave's Tachform phone cradle
    Spyderpops Turnsignal LEDs
    Spyder Sisters Shade
    Spyderpops LidLocs
    Spyderpops front fender LEDs by Show Chrome
    Motorcycle Dave's Gel seat insert
    2018 F3L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Used the original FOBO since the new version wasn't available like they said. Had no problems with it and now that I have the new version it works even better. Much quicker and I don't understand why you would need one on for the rear shock as it's automatic.

Can't wait for it to be available on BRP Connect.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Falcon,the air valve under the seat is a shock pre-load.Compare it to twisting a shock spring up or down a notch.Take it down to 40,ride it,take it up to 60 and ride.The stiffer ride at higher pressure is easy to feel.I run 40 when 1up at 170lbs and 50-55 when 2up,an additional 105lbs or so.I like the Cadillac ride you may care for a stiffer feel.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Used the original FOBO since the new version wasn't available like they said. Had no problems with it and now that I have the new version it works even better. Much quicker and I don't understand why you would need one on for the rear shock as it's automatic.

Can't wait for it to be available on BRP Connect.
    What is it about the new version that makes it better than the original version? Just wondering.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    I don't understand why you would need one on for the rear shock as it's automatic.
    That’s because you are only looking at your own rides, Flamewinger. There are Spyder models out there that have manually adjustable air bags, which is why there is a need for a FOBO sensor.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red