Spyder Garage

Default Extended warranty.

What’s the general feeling across the spider riders for extended warranties. I own a 2015 F3 s bought new in 2017. Time is coming to do it or not. What are your feelings. Deano

Spyder Garage

Search for this topic on this forum. Has been MANY long threads that totally beat the topic to death.
    2017 F3 Limited , Gloss Black with red and carbon fiber accents

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If you use the bike and not just let the bike sit most of the time then I would buy the 3 year extended BRP warrantee for the right price (700). Just my opinion.
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I would buy the warranty just for the piece of mind. It doesn't take much to rack up a $1000 bill for any toy.

Spyder Garage

As the miles creep up, the likelihood of a major repair increases. The extended warranty (BEST) is a good item to have, unless you have the cash to cover those expensive repairs. Shopping around can get you some good pricing. Give the dealer a chance, but you do not have to buy it from them.

Try Berts mega mall for a warranty quote.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 04-01-2019 at 02:42 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    As the miles creep up, the likelihood of a major repair increases. The extended warranty (BEST) is a good item to have, unless you have the cash to cover those expensive repairs. Shopping around can get you some good pricing. Give the dealer a chance, but you do not have to buy it from them.

Try Berts mega mall for a warranty quote.
    Agree. get the three year BEST (I did), lowest price I got was Berts Mega Mall, under $700. Did it all by phone & Email. Very painless.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; 12V outlet for misc. stuff; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by oldguyinCT View Post
    Agree. get the three year BEST (I did), lowest price I got was Berts Mega Mall, under $700. Did it all by phone & Email. Very painless.
    I am in the same position as the OP. My 2 year warranty will be up the end of this month. I plan on calling around and getting the 3 year BEST warranty later this week. Looks like Bert's Mega Mall will be my starting point. Thanks
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Please report back here, the best price you get on the 3 year B.E.S.T. So far, $650 was the lowest I have seen so far, as reported recently by a Fellow Member.
    007 James

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I am in the same position as the OP. My 2 year warranty will be up the end of this month. I plan on calling around and getting the 3 year BEST warranty later this week. Looks like Bert's Mega Mall will be my starting point. Thanks
    2016 RT Limited , Black & Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

I purchased the warranty and the service package, that way I don't have to worry about anything for a while.
    2018 RT , PEARL WHITE/CHROME

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 007james View Post
    Please report back here, the best price you get on the 3 year B.E.S.T. So far, $650 was the lowest I have seen so far, as reported recently by a Fellow Member.
    007 James
    I just purchased the 36 month BEST warranty from IMotorsports. They gave me a promotion deal of $671. They said that was at cost for them. This is also where I purchased my spyder from, and they delivered it to me on vacation.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white