Spyder Garage

Default Dual USB rocker switch and wiring options

I would like to add USB to the front of my 2017 RT LTD Spyder for use with my Samsung S8 and GoPro5. The rear trunk plugs are useless for me and I am overwhelmend of what to do.
    Some of the options sold online are not exactly what I invision to have and I am willing to combine easy to install products together without spending extra money for tools I might not use in the future.

Please bear with me as I am not an electrician and english is my second language. I did some electrical changes and additions in my house while remodeling after learning from books and Internet w/o knowing special electrical therms. I spent hours researching USB options and I am overwhelmed of what to do.

I would like to add a dual USB Rocker switch to the empty spot on center console to eliminate unnecessary exposed wires.

I would like to combine this USB Power Supply with the Engine running power option, that is shown for F3 only as Option 2 in the PDF. The video shows F3 install, so I am lost in here.
    Would this be good enough for my setup or do I need to buy the FZ-1 fuzblock in additon to the USB rocker switch?
    I read in couple of forum posts that 2015 & up RT’s models have gauges for LED’s and the extra AMP draw from new cell phones, cam’s etc. are a risk to possible Cluster blowing link.
    I don’t know anybody to consult my options, please correct me if I am wrong.

At how many additional gadgets or AMPs does one need to install the FZ-1 fuzblock?

Some of the USB rocker switches I found online with better product or seller reviews:
    Rydonair Universal Rocker Style 4.2A Dual USB Charger Socket with Blue LED Digital Voltmeter Gauge for Rocker Switch Panel on Marine, Boat, Car, Golf Cart, UTV, ATV, etc 2 year warranty $16.99 (this model as the next seem to be slightly smaller in size, not sure if I should consider it); OR
    4.8 Amps Dual USB Rocker Style Charger w/Red Voltmeter for Boats, Polaris RZR 900, RZR 1000, Ranger, Mobile Home, RV, Can Am Spyders, Can Am Maverick, Can AM SxS, Golf Cart $15.99 OR
    Dual USB charger RT - ST (Blue LED) (with a great install video omiting the connection to the battery); OR Carchet :Car 3.1A $18.00 w/wiring harness option – Currently Out Of Stock.

Another USB rocker switch options:
    4.2 AMPS-Fast Dual USB Charger Rocker Switch Style Blue LED Back-lit for Boats, Polaris RZR 900, RZR 1000, Ranger, RV, Can Am Spyders, Can Am Maverick, Can AM SxS, Golf Cart, Jeep Wrangler $12.99; OR
    MICTUNING Universal Rocker Style Car USB Charger with Blue LED Light Dual USB Power Socket for Rocker Switch Panel $11.99. I like Amazon Prime customer protection; OR
    3.1A Dual USB Socket Charger Power Adapter Waterproof LED 12V 24V For Car Motor $7.37.

I would buy the TRENDnet 8P/RJ-45 and 6P/RJ-12, RJ-11 Crimp, Cut, and Strip Tool, TC-CT68 $16.59.

In a case of the need of splitting wires, extending or adding fuse I would potentially buy: Wire Tap-Ins $1/piece @radioshack; 1/4-Inch Quick Disconnects sold online @radioshack; OR
    (25) Female Car Audio Alarm Wire Connector Blue 16-14 Gauge Crimp Terminals .250 $4.09; 25x Blue 16-14 AWG Scotch Lock T Tap Car Audio Electronics Connectors Terminals $4.69 and Wago 2 Port (5) 3 Port (5) 5 Port (5) 221 Splicing Connector, Lever-Nut Assortment Pocket Pack for All Wire 12-24 AWG $11.9 OR
    $10.49 @ebay (I would glue two together);
    Posi-Blade fuse holder #FF1218 12-18 ga wire in line connector $8.85;
    5 BLUE Posi-Tite #WT1416 16-14 ga wire in line connectors $14.95.
    I might even get a battery tender replacement wires or NOCO GC018 12V Adapter Plug Socket with Eyelet Terminal $6.95 (with cut off 12V plug) to eliminate adding inline fuse and crimpring terminal.

Thank you in advance
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Spyder Garage

G'day INfox

Watch Pierre's youtube video about installing USB. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pbxnh3VeLL4

Should give a good pointer about how to do it.

Cheers
    Frank

Spyder Garage

Hello Frank,

That is the great install video I mentioned I will do my wiring the same way, just need to know how to connect it to the battery, so I don't overload the Cluster (I'm not sure right now, what am I talking about, just being cautious).
    He doesn't show how is he connecting it to the battery and the video is of the pre 2015 model that doesn't have LED wiring yet.
    2017 RT Limited Asphalt Grey with Lamonster RT Spyder Cuff; Lamonster FBB Highway Bracket; Kuryakyn 7597 ISO Trident Pegs; RoadSport Big Mudder Extreme, Magic mirrors, Airhawk R, plastidipped Frunk, Ram Mount Universal X-Grip IV Large, FZ-1 fuze block, Dual USB charger, BajaRon Sway Bar, Black Powder Coated RT Dash Mount Bracket

Spyder Garage

G'day INfox

If you wire it like Pierre says you should have no problems. I have done mine the same way.

Cheers and Beers
    Frank

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless View Post
    G'day INfox

If you wire it like Pierre says you should have no problems. I have done mine the same way.

Cheers and Beers
    Frank
    Hi do we need to follow the exact same steps for taking parts off ? I have the 2018 RT Limited would the steps in Pierre's video be the exact same for me?

I asked someone at a motorcycle shop today and he quoted me 90$ to run a set of usb and aux audio cable from the trunk to the center console, or perhaps if a small cutout is made then in the glove box.
    2018 RT , PEARL WHITE/CHROME