Thread: Vredstein Tires

Spyder Garage

I have a 2016 RTL, I put on the 175/55/15's and they are are great
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Sorry late with the reply 175/55/15
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Thanks BLUEKNIGHT! Going to replace my rubber wheel valve stems with steel stems for the new FOBO2 sensors so now would be a great time to replace the 2018 RTL OEM tires with Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires.
    In your professional opinion is this the optimal Vredestein Quatrac 5 tire set size for this tire upgrade? FRONT: 175/55-15 REAR: 205/60R15
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I don't know what Chasinsparks bought ….. but others here have mounted the 175/55-15 on their RT's …… Mike
    Found the rear 205/60R15 https://simpletire.com/vredestein-20...92315558-tires
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

What would be the best size for a 2016 F3-t?
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MeudtPG View Post
    Thanks BLUEKNIGHT! Going to replace my rubber wheel valve stems with steel stems for the new FOBO2 sensors so now would be a great time to replace the 2018 RTL OEM tires with Vredestein Quatrac 5 tires.
    In your professional opinion is this the optimal Vredestein Quatrac 5 tire set size for this tire upgrade? FRONT: 175/55-15 REAR: 205/60R15

Found the rear 205/60R15 https://simpletire.com/vredestein-20...92315558-tires
    Vredestein also makes a 215/65-15 and I'm confident it will fit any RT …. F-3 ????? I not sure …. PM Peter Aawen or Peteoz , I think they ( or someone else ) has used this size on an RT …… But specifically to your Question Yes those sizes F & R will fit nicely - others here are using them ….. PLEASE try 15 psi for front & 18 psi for rear......This seems to be the best Air pressure, for total performance & comfortable ride …. This is for any weight Driver plus Passenger …. It's a very long explanation as to WHY they work ….. I have posted that info in other Threads …..good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Vredestein also makes a 215/65-15 and I'm confident it will fit any RT …. F-3 ????? I not sure …. PM Peter Aawen or Peteoz , I think they ( or someone else ) has used this size on an RT …… But specifically to your Question Yes those sizes F & R will fit nicely - others here are using them ….. PLEASE try 15 psi for front & 18 psi for rear......This seems to be the best Air pressure, for total performance & comfortable ride …. This is for any weight Driver plus Passenger …. It's a very long explanation as to WHY they work ….. I have posted that info in other Threads …..good luck …. Mike
    Listen to Mike! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MNF3 View Post
    What would be the best size for a 2016 F3-t?
    The same as " MeudtPG " is using …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Listen to Mike! Tom
    Or Peter Aawen ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks!
    2016 F3-T , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Or Peter Aawen ….. Mike
    Was trying to come up with a handle for you Mike. How are these? "Tire Doctor"; "Tire Doc"; "Sultan of Tires"; "Tire Guru"; "Master Tire Tech". Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Was trying to come up with a handle for you Mike. How are these? "Tire Doctor"; "Tire Doc"; "Sultan of Tires"; "Tire Guru"; "Master Tire Tech". Tom
    ….. In my former profession ( LEO ) I was fortunate enough to get some very specialized training ( to be an accident investigator ). ….. The courses I took had a lot to do with Tires, ie how they are made , how they work, what causes failure , how PSI effects the how the tires respond, & Hydroplaning etc...( Peter Aawen is very familiar with these subjects )….. I have tried to share my knowledge with the members here so that the tries they buy are - the ones that will perform best in all aspects ie. traction wet & dry & a comfortable ride.... Todays auto tires have come light years in the performance and safety area's...… Is the difference in these area's from one make to another Hugh - No, it isn't. But for the sizes Spyders can use we are limited in Brands that make them ….. I believe our members should know which tire is above the others in performance. The most expensive tires are not always the best. The Vredestein Quatrac 5 isn't the most expensive, but it isn't the least expensive either..... I feel it is the BEST tire CURRENTLY available for Spyder use...… ( right now Simple Tire co. has the Quatrac 5 in 205/60-15 for the rear, for $60.00 a real bargain ). When I ride my RT, I push it to the limits ( & occasionally beyond ) when I'm in the " Twistie's " ( on low traffic roads & only when they are dry ) …. Wet road riding is sometimes un-avoidable, you really, really want ( and deserve ) is the best you can have - from a Safety standpoint. The Spyders Stability Control function is a real life-saver in this area, but the Best wet weather tire helps the VSS system …… WOW did I get off-track from what I started to answer …….. " Sultan of tires " is cute but not necessary ……… To sum this up, the true key for Auto tires on any Spyder is the PSI you use. I have mine at 15 psi front and 17 psi rear, and these will work for any Spyder at any load, including towing ( a tongue weight of 40lbs. max ) …………. Ride safe - ride happy ………. Mike

Spyder Garage

pw I thought you traded up to avoid tire replacement
    2018 F3s , Gold

Spyder Garage

Hey Blueknight911.. retired Vegas LEO here too.
    Thanks for the very lengthy technical write ups.

Stay safe.
    2018 RT Limited White/Chrome.
    BlueSeaSky front & rear dash cam.
    USB plugs
    TechMount cellphone holder
    Squared Away laser alignment.
    BajaRon anti-sway bar and links.
    Dynojet
    Ceramic coated cat delete pipe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grieppc View Post
    pw I thought you traded up to avoid tire replacement
    That was for my wife's

My 2015 F3s has Quatrac 5's on the front and will have one on the rear soon. If the rear handles like the front ones do - watch out trying to keep up in the twisties!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by VegasSpyder View Post
    Hey Blueknight911.. retired Vegas LEO here too.
    Thanks for the very lengthy technical write ups.

Stay safe.
    Good on you Bro ….. Myself & Peter Aawen have knowledge to share and we try to …… If you thought mine was lengthy ….. You'll think Peter writes books …… If & when you need new rubber - seriously look at the " Vredestein's " …… I have been recommending them now for about 6 mos., and all that have them are very, very happy with them …… I hope you try the PSI's I & Peter suggest also …… Thanks ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Ok friends. I got lost somewhere in the discussions. . I don't know much about tire sizes etc so I really need some help from the experts.
    I ride a '16 F3 L. what tires should I get.

Thanks for the help
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Sway bar, Fog lights, F4 long floorboards,
    F4 windscreen hand wings and leg wings,
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeriK View Post
    Ok friends. I got lost somewhere in the discussions. . I don't know much about tire sizes etc so I really need some help from the experts.
    I ride a '16 F3 L. what tires should I get.

Thanks for the help
    " Vredestein Quatrac 5 " 175/55-15 front and 205/60 rear …………. MIke ...…. And " teninospyder " just bought one at Simple tire for $60.00 ….. He stole it at that price

Spyder Garage

Apparently he stole the last one they had. I clicked that link and it states, "out of stock."
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Apparently he stole the last one they had. I clicked that link and it states, "out of stock."
    That's at this moment …. next week could be a different outcome …...jmho ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

AWESOME! thanks for the help.. now I just have to find the rear tire . My local store has a 205/50-15. I have to get this done soon as we leave on a 7 week X-country trip at the end of next month and right now my rear tire is pretty much a slick.
    would a 205/65 be too big?
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

AWESOME! thanks for the help.. now I just have to find the rear tire . My local store has a 205/50-15. I have to get this done soon as we leave on a 7 week X-country trip at the end of next month and right now my rear tire is pretty much a slick.
    would a 205/65 be too big?
    No …. ( but a 60 aspect would be better imho ) ……… for an RT or F-3 …. NOT a Ryker ………………. Mike ………….It would be very helpful ( mostly to you ) if we knew What tire you are talking about... Manufacturers make different ( actual ) size tires - 205/50-15 can actually be different ( size wise ) from 5,10, 15 different makers ….. The TIRE SIZE charts you see are a Mathematical Size, not what are actually made by any company. …...……...Mike

Spyder Garage

No …. ( but a 60 aspect would be better imho ) ……… for an RT or F-3 …. NOT a Ryker ………………. Mike ………….It would be very helpful ( mostly to you ) if we knew What tire you are talking about... Manufacturers make different ( actual ) size tires - 205/50-15 can actually be different ( size wise ) from 5,10, 15 different makers ….. The TIRE SIZE charts you see are a Mathematical Size, not what are actually made by any company. …...……...Mike
    I am trying to get Vredestein Quatrac 5 all the way around. I found the 175/55-15 front tires but I can't seem to find the rear tire anywhere except by special order which may not come in time. My local TireRack store has Vredestein 205/50-15 and 205/65-15. Or I can get a Kumho rear tire stock size 225/50/15. I hate to mix the 2 different tires. So hubby thought that the 205/65/15 would be OK.. it looks like there is enough room for the suspension. Again I am on a '16 F3 Limited Special.
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

I am trying to get Vredestein Quatrac 5 all the way around. I found the 175/55-15 front tires but I can't seem to find the rear tire anywhere except by special order which may not come in time. My local TireRack store has Vredestein 205/50-15 and 205/65-15. Or I can get a Kumho rear tire stock size 225/50/15. I hate to mix the 2 different tires. So hubby thought that the 205/65/15 would be OK.. it looks like there is enough room for the suspension. Again I am on a '16 F3 Limited Special.
    I suggested the "60 " in case you had an F-3 , the F-3's fender is closer to the tire than ANY RT …. I would get the " 65 "

Spyder Garage

I suggested the "60 " in case you had an F-3 , the F-3's fender is closer to the tire than ANY RT …. I would get the " 65 "
    Going with the 65.. should be just fine.. Thanks again!
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

Going with the 65.. should be just fine.. Thanks again!
    If you are going with the " 65 " …. the Quatrac -5 tire also comes in a 215/65-15 ….. I think some of the " blokes " from down under run that size ….. Mike