Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vredstein Tires

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    If you are going with the " 65 " …. the Quatrac -5 tire also comes in a 215/65-15 ….. I think some of the " blokes " from down under run that size ….. Mike
    Unfortunately they don't have the 215/65-15 in stock either .. next time I will order the tires well before I need them!! I am in a bind mostly because my Spyder dealer closed yesterday. I called during the week to make an appointment for tires and there was a message saying they were closing their doors. This is the second dealership in my area to close. The closest one now is about 60 miles away. I am starting to feel like I own an Indian
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Sway bar, Fog lights, F4 long floorboards,
    F4 windscreen hand wings and leg wings,
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

I don't see where Simple Tire even carries the Vredstein brand. Drop down menu for brands doesn't show they carry them at all. Just curious, I am thinking of replacing front with 33,000 on OEM tires, with still good tread, will changing front tires to a different tread pattern, and different size than OEM, effect the alignment that was done several years ago? Currently alignment is perfect.
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Spyder Garage

Fitting new tires won't effect the alignment any (well, it shouldn't unless the technician who does the job is a ham fisted incompetent type technician ) but it might effect the way your Spyder feels & rydes, usually for the better!

However, do be aware that many tire fitters use 40+psi to seat the bead on the new tires while fitting them, then don't reduce that pressure to something more appropriate after they've put the valve core in & refitted the wheel. Excessively high pressures like that on tires under the front of a Spyder will probably make the steering feel fantastically light & easy, and it might even feel really direct & responsive when the Spyder is on a good dry surface too, but you will be getting a much harsher ride than necessary, you'll be compromising suspension & tire wear as well as puncture resistance, and the tires will very likely have exceptionally poor wet road or 'less than ideal surface' traction & little if any hydroplaning resistance.

So check the pressures in your newly fitted tires BEFORE ryding your Spyder home on them! For most of us, the lighter loads our laden Spyders impose upon the front tires when compared to the loads imposed when using the same tires under a car calls for pressures down in the mid teens; and I don't really think that the suspension arms would be strong enough to hold up a Spyder weighing enough to warrant running anything higher than about 20psi in a car tire fitted to a Spyder!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SteveandBelinda View Post
    I don't see where Simple Tire even carries the Vredstein brand. Drop down menu for brands doesn't show they carry them at all. Just curious, I am thinking of replacing front with 33,000 on OEM tires, with still good tread, will changing front tires to a different tread pattern, and different size than OEM, effect the alignment that was done several years ago? Currently alignment is perfect.
    I have PM's from a few members here who have bought them at Simple tire co. ...try Vulcan and or Tire rack ….. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Fitting new tires won't effect the alignment any
    Fronts, sure, but is it not fairly easy to re-mount the rear a bit "off" from when it was removed ??

Spyder Garage

Just got back from 700+ mile trip to Blue Ridge Mountains on my new Quatrac-5 tires. Can I say I felt like I was on a different bike? YES! what a huge difference in handling and the ride in general. The tires were smooth and steady on the highway at 80 mph and then in the mountain twisties.. OH MY! they stuck like glue.. I took corners faster and better than ever.. until the nanny kicked in A big thanks to you Mike for the help and recommendations on the tires. I love them!
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeriK View Post
    Just got back from 700+ mile trip to Blue Ridge Mountains on my new Quatrac-5 tires. Can I say I felt like I was on a different bike? YES! what a huge difference in handling and the ride in general. The tires were smooth and steady on the highway at 80 mph and then in the mountain twisties.. OH MY! they stuck like glue.. I took corners faster and better than ever.. until the nanny kicked in A big thanks to you Mike for the help and recommendations on the tires. I love them!
    Thanks for your Thanks ..... I'm very glad your happy, my goal is try and spread the word on fantastic tires for Spyders ..... I think the Quatrac is a real winner ...... Mike .............. Can you tell us what PSI you have them at ???? ....15 psi would work best ..Thanks

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your Thanks ..... I'm very glad your happy, my goal is try and spread the word on fantastic tires for Spyders ..... I think the Quatrac is a real winner ...... Mike .............. Can you tell us what PSI you have them at ???? ....15 psi would work best ..Thanks
    I am running 15psi in the front and 16 psi in the rear. What was so funny was the guy in the shop did not believe me that the pressure should be that low. I am a girl you know . so he would only take them down to 25.. I felt like I was riding a bouncy ball on ice on the way out of the shop. My husband was laughing so hard he almost fell off his Harley. It was really funny . We got the pressure down after we got home.. I took the bike back out and it was awesome!!
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I really appreciate the info about car tires here. Problem I have is the installation. Have never done tire install or removal, especially since I no longer have a driveway or garage of my own. My current tires are good, so worry about it in a few months....
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

Spyder Garage

I ran my front car tires at 17 and they felt like they were like running in mud. Went to a much higher psi until I dialed in at 25psi. Love it. Would never go back. I know others that do not vocalize so much on these threads that run psi's closer to this too.

And here we go...... the big controversy of tire pressure and forum group think.
    2015 RT Limited: Fox Shocks - RonJon swaybar and links - BRP Comfort Seat - BRP Triaxis handlebars - Yokohama tires (26psi fronts 28psi back) - Centramatic wheel balancers - BRP belt tensioner - BRP Short windshield - CATdelete/Spyder1 attitude exhaust - Lamonster footpegs - sintered brake pads - LED TRYCLED lights - BumpSkid

2015 RT Limited , black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sandeejs View Post
    My current tires are good, so worry about it in a few months....
    ~Sandee~
    BUT.....almost everybody who has changed to a different brand agree that the ones you have now are NOT "good"......if they are OEM Kenda's.

When the time comes, call around to ALL of the Spyder shops in your area......to see if any of them will mount tires that you carry in.
    Even call shops that previously told you NO. My closest shop changed their mind in the last year.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tehrlich View Post
    And here we go...... the big controversy of tire pressure and forum group think.
    Personal preference means a lot.
    As does the specific brand and model of tires you have.
    And maybe the model of Spyder too.

While I agree that in theory a stiffer tire should require less pressure, I would NEVER argue with anybody who prefers more.

Spyder Garage

I am running 15psi in the front and 16 psi in the rear. What was so funny was the guy in the shop did not believe me that the pressure should be that low. I am a girl you know . so he would only take them down to 25.. I felt like I was riding a bouncy ball on ice on the way out of the shop. My husband was laughing so hard he almost fell off his Harley. It was really funny . We got the pressure down after we got home.. I took the bike back out and it was awesome!!
    I didn't know you are a .... but that is Great ....Intelligent woman on Spyders is a big +, ......... You can certainly have 16psi in the rear , I perfer 17psi , but that's me .... you are in the proper area for PSI's .... I have reached these PSI amounts based on schooling and training to be a Certified accident investigator as an LEO ............. PS these PSI's are for ALL Auto tires ( used on Spyders ) not just the Vredestein's ...... Have many happy miles on them ..... glad I could assist ..... Mike .....PPS please keep all of us informed on how they feel long-term .....especially if you ride in some wet weather .....

Spyder Garage

I will certainly let you know how they perform.. We are leaving on a cross country trip at the end of the month.. should be about 10,000 mi (give or take) Just hubby and I.. east coast through Arkansas and the Ozarks, over to San Diego, up the PCH to Seattle, over to Glacier National Park, down to Sturgis SD and then back home. There should be a good sampling of terrain roads and weather over our 7+ week trip to really see how the tires perform. I am looking forward to a FANTASTIC trip!
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

I had to take my Spyder to an independent bike shop to have them mount the car tires for me as my Spyder dealership closed unexpectedly. I think my dealership would have done it for me but maybe not. I would just look for a bike repair shop that works on trikes. They should be OK with it. I took the new tires up one day and brought the bike in a few days later when they had time to do the work. Change your tires Sandee.. you will be amazed at how your bike rides and feels.
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

I will certainly let you know how they perform.. We are leaving on a cross country trip at the end of the month.. should be about 10,000 mi (give or take) Just hubby and I.. east coast through Arkansas and the Ozarks, over to San Diego, up the PCH to Seattle, over to Glacier National Park, down to Sturgis SD and then back home. There should be a good sampling of terrain roads and weather over our 7+ week trip to really see how the tires perform. I am looking forward to a FANTASTIC trip!
    In that area is " Peel's Ferry " ( the only State owned ferry still in existence in the USA ) it's on Rt 125 ..... it is very, very " Twisty " ... it's in the Mark Twain forest .... There is also town hwy " H " ( that connects to 125 ) and it's even more twisty than 125 ..... not kidding this is my favorite ride when at Spyderfest ... I'm taking a few friends on the ride later this morning ...... just do Google maps and you can see for yourself how to access that Area ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Just a little nit picky But the state of Texas runs two state owned ferries every day.

https://www.txdot.gov/driver/travel/...schedules.html

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Beaudog View Post
    Just a little nit picky But the state of Texas runs two state owned ferries every day.

https://www.txdot.gov/driver/travel/...schedules.html
    I stand corrected, but the folks in Arkansas apparently aren't aware of the Texas Ferries either ..... ...... I am always open to the facts and truths and Welcome them ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I stand corrected, but the folks in Arkansas apparently aren't aware of the Texas Ferries either ..... ...... I am always open to the facts and truths and Welcome them ..... Mike
    The Washington State Ferry System will argue that too BK. Many routes, many ferries on Puget Sound. Motorcycles have first on, first off privilege.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    The Washington State Ferry System will argue that too BK. Many routes, many ferries on Puget Sound. Motorcycles have first on, first off privilege.

The Washington State Ferry System is the largest in the United States, with twenty-nine vessels on ten routes serving twenty terminals in eight counties. It carries more than 11 million vehicles and 26 million passengers a year.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Unless you forgot something valuable in Seattle, avoid it at all cost! The traffic there is gawd awful and Portland is not much better. I had a business where I traveled the west coast for over 40 years and can give you a lot of do's and don'ts. If interested, PM me and we can talk about it.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

In that area is " Peel's Ferry " ( the only State owned ferry still in existence in the USA ) it's on Rt 125 ..... it is very, very " Twisty " ... it's in the Mark Twain forest .... There is also town hwy " H " ( that connects to 125 ) and it's even more twisty than 125 ..... not kidding this is my favorite ride when at Spyderfest ... I'm taking a few friends on the ride later this morning ...... just do Google maps and you can see for yourself how to access that Area ..... Mike
    Sounds like a fun ride! I will add that to the list of roads we are going to target on the trip. Thanks Mike
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a fun ride! I will add that to the list of roads we are going to target on the trip. Thanks Mike
    ........... If you ever want to do Vermont ... PM me, I have many spare bedrooms and I'm considered to be a Chef ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Discount Tire will mount and balance your front tires just make sure you take out the center cap (which identifies it as a Spyder wheel) and if asked tell them the wheels came off your Smart car.

Spyder Garage

........... If you ever want to do Vermont ... PM me, I have many spare bedrooms and I'm considered to be a Chef ..... Mike
    We may take you up on that. We go through Vermont every year on way to Maine to visit friends in York Beach. Will let you know when we plan on the next trip.
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Garmin GPS