Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Vredstein Tires

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JeriK View Post
    We may take you up on that. We go through Vermont every year on way to Maine to visit friends in York Beach. Will let you know when we plan on the next trip.
    I don't need a lot of advance notice ... but the more the better just in case I won't be here ( not likely tho ) ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

OK friends.. just returned from 9500 mile cross country trip on my F3 with new Vredstein tires.. Many twisty roads and highways/interstates. My husband had a hard time keeping up with me on the twisties with his Harley. so I just rolled on past him. Love the tires! felt great on the road.. very grippy and solid in the curves as well as giving me that great snap when I straightened out from a sharp curve at speed. I am just blown away by the difference from the OEM tires. Thanks for the advice!!
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Sway bar, Fog lights, F4 long floorboards,
    F4 windscreen hand wings and leg wings,
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

JeriK...I see that you did not list a BajaRon swaybar, yet you are carving the twisties con brio. Is that right, no aftermarket swaybar?
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

OK friends.. just returned from 9500 mile cross country trip on my F3 with new Vredstein tires.. Many twisty roads and highways/interstates. My husband had a hard time keeping up with me on the twisties with his Harley. so I just rolled on past him. Love the tires! felt great on the road.. very grippy and solid in the curves as well as giving me that great snap when I straightened out from a sharp curve at speed. I am just blown away by the difference from the OEM tires. Thanks for the advice!!
    …..Glad you like them ….. I just posted a Thread about those tires and Consumer Reports ( Yes that Consumer Reports )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

After 1100+ miles with my new ones on the front, I must agree they give greater control. And a softer ride to boot (at 15psi). Plus it now tracks straight down the road instead of the old slight pull to the right... which I think was caused by a defective Kenda; it wore heavily on the inside half, while the other tire wore evenly all across.
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by missouriboy View Post
    After 1100+ miles with my new ones on the front, I must agree they give greater control. And a softer ride to boot (at 15psi). Plus it now tracks straight down the road instead of the old slight pull to the right... which I think was caused by a defective Kenda; it wore heavily on the inside half, while the other tire wore evenly all across.
    Glad you like them ( Vredestein's ) ……….. If that Kenda wore mostly on the inside , I think the cause was poor alignment.... So I would watch the Vredestein tire that re-placed the Kenda ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    JeriK...I see that you did not list a BajaRon swaybar, yet you are carving the twisties con brio. Is that right, no aftermarket swaybar?
    That is correct..no sway bar. Everything I read about them seems to indicate they are helpful when towing a trailer or riding 2 up.. I ride solo and don't tow so never thought I would benefit from that addition. Am I wrong?? I see a good bit about belt tensioners as well but never thought I needed one.
    2018 F3 L Red Pearl
    Heated Ultimate Seat
    Sway bar, Fog lights, F4 long floorboards,
    F4 windscreen hand wings and leg wings,
    Garmin GPS

Spyder Garage

That is correct..no sway bar. Everything I read about them seems to indicate they are helpful when towing a trailer or riding 2 up.. I ride solo and don't tow so never thought I would benefit from that addition. Am I wrong?? I see a good bit about belt tensioners as well but never thought I needed one.
    Concerning a Sway Bar like what Ron sells..... It will help your ride performance under All circumstances ...and no matter what you and / or passengers weigh...… IMHO, I would rather have a good Sway Bar as opposed to heavy duty Shocks and Springs.... They work in a similar fashion but not exactly the same ….. Mike