Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I called 3 dealerships when buying my Ryker 900 ... all $699 shipping, all $650 set up and admin from $299 to $350 ... the price of the bike was the same ... accessory pricing is controlled by CAN AM unless there are factory discounts , right now BRP has purchase $1000 in accessories get $250 off ... i bought mine on 2 invoices to maximize the discounting ... you may get a discount on install charges. I hear about all these discounted accessories all the time .... funny because e bay and amazon prices seem to be selling @ msrp .... A friend of mine has a Yamaha / Kawasaki dealership ... 9% on Yamaha sales, 11% on Kawasaki. Its ironic that we all want to low ball dealers, yet we still want to go to the nice glossy dealerships, get our bikes serviced for nix, buy cheap / trade high and still expect the lights to be on there when we go back.

Markets vary depending on demand, Inventory supply and Manufacturer discounts.

Comparing a Ryker sale to an RT sale is like comparing a Hyundai Tucson sale to a Benz GLE 300 ... not even in the same ball park.

Whats the best deal .... the one where both the seller and the buyer end up happy.... its called a win / win.

I know i will get jumped on for this post ... but i also know there are those who wish to expound their virtues in "the art of the deal".

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whiting57 View Post
    I called 3 dealerships when buying my Ryker 900 ... all $699 shipping, all $650 set up and admin from $299 to $350 ... the price of the bike was the same ... accessory pricing is controlled by CAN AM unless there are factory discounts , right now BRP has purchase $1000 in accessories get $250 off ... i bought mine on 2 invoices to maximize the discounting ... you may get a discount on install charges. I hear about all these discounted accessories all the time .... funny because e bay and amazon prices seem to be selling @ msrp .... A friend of mine has a Yamaha / Kawasaki dealership ... 9% on Yamaha sales, 11% on Kawasaki. Its ironic that we all want to low ball dealers, yet we still want to go to the nice glossy dealerships, get our bikes serviced for nix, buy cheap / trade high and still expect the lights to be on there when we go back.

Markets vary depending on demand, Inventory supply and Manufacturer discounts.

Comparing a Ryker sale to an RT sale is like comparing a Hyundai Tucson sale to a Benz GLE 300 ... not even in the same ball park.

Whats the best deal .... the one where both the seller and the buyer end up happy.... its called a win / win.

I know i will get jumped on for this post ... but i also know there are those who wish to expound their virtues in "the art of the deal".
    I kind of feel you are directing some of your comments directly at me. That's okay. I have tough skin.

Regarding Rykers: I did say: "You wont get the same deals on Ryker as Spyder...since Ryker is low end. The above still applies with a loaded Ryker and extras...like warranty."

I don't have to defend what I have stated. It works for me and was printed for those who may wish to explore the many ways to save a bit.

And I do totally agree with your comment: "Whats the best deal .... the one where both the seller and the buyer end up happy.... its called a win / win."

Caveat Emptor
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-13-2020 at 02:54 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I kind of feel you are directing some of your comments directly at me.
    Actually no, but the general feel of the thread is dealers are out to get everybody and you should not pay a cent, i disagree with that general assumption.

just like this one ...BUT..... you paid HIGH Canadian prices

600 .... msrp $8499 USD 600 msrp $10699 CDN
    900 .... msrp $9999 USD 900 msrp $12699 CDN

These numbers are off the US and CDN Can Am websites.

The exchange USD vs CDN $'s after the banks take their cut is around 30% ... that brings the 600 to $7489 paying here in USD and $8889 USD for the 900. Maybe some should be buying north of the border.

You think that is a SMALL amount? Not me, a $500 profit would be about right IMHO.
    There is not a retailer in the world who could survive on making $500 on any $8500 sale regardless of product. Any retailer that i have worked for are in the 30 to 40% mark up range ... clothing around a 100% mark up.

While some Mom and Pop motorcycle stores (usually family operated) have lower overheads and can lower fees, we have all seen their numbers dwindle the past 5 years and the market is starting to be driven by the larger players who carry 6 to 7 brands of bikes, mega accessory areas, huge service centers and glitzy showrooms ... we all love going to them to look at bikes but the reality is we are also going to have to pay for the privilege.

Here s a quote from the thread so i bought a Ryker 900, by me

Here is the kicker.... $699 PDI, $650 freight, $350 dealer processing fee and $350 for installing my $2000 accessory purchase. WOW... that does not include the price of the bike or the lack of work that they had to do on the deal ... i was a motivated purchaser with great credit, why am i paying for the privilege of the rest of the duds that waste their time. In my mind that totals over $2000 of mostly BS charges. The main issue here is all dealers play the same game ... there is little to no way around these charges. I did call around and the charges are on par with other dealers ... Its the price here of owning a Ryker.
    I do not like paying fees either, the reality is folks, nobody does ..... but i do get why they have them and damn, they might even have the doors still open and the lights on when i go back there. Its the 13% tax that gets my blood boiling. LOL

AR traveller, it was not my intent to direct anything to you in anyway, if you are offended, i apologize .... btw if you go to my albums you will see a couple of nice vulcan 900's.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by whiting57 View Post
    Actually no, but the general feel of the thread is dealers are out to get everybody and you should not pay a cent, i disagree with that general assumption.

just like this one ...BUT..... you paid HIGH Canadian prices

600 .... msrp $8499 USD 600 msrp $10699 CDN
    900 .... msrp $9999 USD 900 msrp $12699 CDN

These numbers are off the US and CDN Can Am websites.

The exchange USD vs CDN $'s after the banks take their cut is around 30% ... that brings the 600 to $7489 paying here in USD and $8889 USD for the 900. Maybe some should be buying north of the border.

There is not a retailer in the world who could survive on making $500 on any $8500 sale regardless of product. Any retailer that i have worked for are in the 30 to 40% mark up range ... clothing around a 100% mark up.

While some Mom and Pop motorcycle stores (usually family operated) have lower overheads and can lower fees, we have all seen their numbers dwindle the past 5 years and the market is starting to be driven by the larger players who carry 6 to 7 brands of bikes, mega accessory areas, huge service centers and glitzy showrooms ... we all love going to them to look at bikes but the reality is we are also going to have to pay for the privilege.

Here s a quote from the thread so i bought a Ryker 900, by me

I do not like paying fees either, the reality is folks, nobody does ..... but i do get why they have them and damn, they might even have the doors still open and the lights on when i go back there. Its the 13% tax that gets my blood boiling. LOL

AR traveller, it was not my intent to direct anything to you in anyway, if you are offended, i apologize .... btw if you go to my albums you will see a couple of nice vulcan 900's.
    We are good. It is okay to disagree with someone as long as it stays friendly. There are always two sides to every situation. And....what can I say...you even like Vulcan 900's. I am on the second one now.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Take this as you will... and I didn’t end up buying from them... but my local Can-Am dealer explained that Rykers are shipped 2 to a crate and they pay $1000 freight per crate from Mexico... so they charge $500 freight per Ryker. Also said it typically takes a tech about 4 hours to assemble a Ryker at $125 per labor hour... so they charge $500 for assembly / prep.

How true those statements are I have no idea.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I paid $790 crate on a deal I struck yesterday on a 2021 Ryker 900 .No setup fee.The market is different now with inventory shortages due to Covid. No longer is it a buyers market.It is now a sellers market.

Spyder Garage

Find a good 2020 and avoid all that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JopRyker View Post
    Take this as you will... and I didn’t end up buying from them... but my local Can-Am dealer explained that Rykers are shipped 2 to a crate and they pay $1000 freight per crate from Mexico... so they charge $500 freight per Ryker. Also said it typically takes a tech about 4 hours to assemble a Ryker at $125 per labor hour... so they charge $500 for assembly / prep.

How true those statements are I have no idea.
    There is hope for better than this!

I just bought a brand new 2021 Rally a few weeks ago. At my dealership-- $0 for freight, $0 for assembly/prep. Got it for about $500 under MSRP.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    Just curious what various dealers are charging (and no, I'm not including the $1500 Service Contract that someone got sucked into!)

I'm ready to put a deposit on a Rally and the dealer in Boerne, TX wants $695 each for shipping and handling. Nine years ago I paid $299 for shipping and $239 for handling on a 2009 Yamaha FJR1300 AE. I'm pretty sure dealers won't budge on prices; Rykers and Rally's in particular are selling too well, but maybe on these 'extra profit' items?

Russ
    Lakehills, TX
    No Rally, no signature
    Call imotorsports they are a sponsor on the Forum - no shipping, no setup. Tell them you are a spyderlover member and they will ship to your home free!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 05-05-2021 at 06:18 PM.

Spyder Garage

They (motorsports) do not honor free shipping and quoted me 800-1000 for it and blamed it on COVID.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by richardo View Post
    They (motorsports) do not honor free shipping and quoted me 800-1000 for it and blamed it on COVID.
    I suggest the "Trust but verify" method. I have given you two good names to check with below.

This is something new. Free delivery and set up have always been a part of the package. Did you mention that you were from Spyder Lovers??

I would recommend giving them another talk before blowing up their reputation.

Try Tom Palmer, or Orlando Rios. (Both in Illinois).

Let us know any updates.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

If it is a dealership that is not moving many bikes, find out true MSRP (profit is built-in), decide what you think is right, offer it, and if not agreed to leave your number and walk. This will sometimes evenwork with larger dealerships. They must have cash flow.
    "Love 'em all.... Let GOD sort 'em out!"
    2021 RTL Dark Chalk Metallic with comfort seat
    1978 GL1000 w/'75 engine show bike
    1976 RD400c

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McRuss View Post
    Getting two of them in Texarkana, TX, for MSRP + doc fee ($10999.00 plus $137, total $11,136 each) Will have to pay sales tax when I register it in New Mexico, 3%. Local dealer wanted an additional $1390 for freight and handling.
    That is where I got my Ryker. They are a good dealer to work with.
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold