Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Thanks for the tip, I will definitely look into this.

You may get to accomplish several levels, IF you keep proper records as you godriver & passenger

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Although we have not always been on the best of terms yada yada ……….. When / if you go thru Central VT. ( check 05660 ) You are welcome to stay at my house ( or my yard if you prefer ) for a day/s or a week ….. Since you are coming all the way acros the country let me suggest Two things you might want to consider ….. Mt. Washington ( you drive to the top - highest in New Eng. ) and Acadia Natl. park ( 3rd. most popular ) …. they are well worth it …..jmho ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Although we have not always been on the best of terms yada yada ……….. When / if you go thru Central VT. ( check 05660 ) You are welcome to stay at my house ( or my yard if you prefer ) for a day/s or a week ….. Since you are coming all the way acros the country let me suggest Two things you might want to consider ….. Mt. Washington ( you drive to the top - highest in New Eng. ) and Acadia Natl. park ( 3rd. most popular ) …. they are well worth it …..jmho ….. Mike
    Thanks Mike,
    I was hoping to hear from you. We will try our best to ride to the top of Mt. Washington , it looks like the road starts in Glen House. I did a job in Portland Maine and managed a trip out to Acadia park about 10 years ago. My wife and I stayed at a B&B in Bar Harbor and we ate at a restaurant on a dock and I ate a 3 pound Lobster. Maine reminds me a lot of parts of Oregon. The invite is great and is also reciprocated the same at my house, I see you started to ski again and you can ski year round on Mt. Hood and my family has a cabin in Brightwood about 30 minutes from Timberline Lodge.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Mike,
    I was hoping to hear from you. We will try our best to ride to the top of Mt. Washington , it looks like the road starts in Glen House. I did a job in Portland Maine and managed a trip out to Acadia park about 10 years ago. My wife and I stayed at a B&B in Bar Harbor and we ate at a restaurant on a dock and I ate a 3 pound Lobster. Maine reminds me a lot of parts of Oregon. The invite is great and is also reciprocated the same at my house, I see you started to ski again and you can ski year round on Mt. Hood and my family has a cabin in Brightwood about 30 minutes from Timberline Lodge.
    Thanks back and your very welcome …. if you've done the Acadia thing it probably hasn't changed much …. my family has gone there at least a dozen timse the kids loved it as well as I did …..The best lobster I ever ate ( and I've had quite a few ) was at a " Lobster Pound " just before the bridge into Bar Harbor …. they knew how to cook them to Perfection - boiled in Seawater along with the KELP, hands down the best way to get it …... Yep got back into the Ski thing Big time ( 60 days this season ). Please keep me posted on your itinerary as you progress across the country …… Safe travels ………. Mike ...

Spyder Garage

Mt Washington & Acadia are awesome, Been there a couple times on 4 wheels,.
    A buddy of mine & I are doing mt Washington on 2 wheels last week of August

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderjim View Post
    <snip> Terrible traffic, stop light after stop light, and as you start heading south from downtown Chicago you will pass through some areas where much care would need to be taken. Rt. 20 crosses I90 at Rockford. Jump on I90 and take it east to South Bend, IN, visit the University of Notre Dame, and pick up Rt.20 again headed east. <snip>
    Heck, if you're in South Bend, visit the Studebaker museum..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zoot View Post
    Heck, if you're in South Bend, visit the Studebaker museum..
    My dad was a Studebaker fan, my first trip to Yellowstone was in a 52 Champion, I learned to drive in a 64 pickup, sounds like a great place to visit, thanks for the tip.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

One thing that you might try is going across Lake Michigan on the last Coal Fired ship in the US. It is a great relaxing 4 hour ride and you miss Chicago.
    Done all of Canada except NWT and parts of Australia, New Zealand and areas of Europe

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nokesy View Post
    One thing that you might try is going across Lake Michigan on the last Coal Fired ship in the US. It is a great relaxing 4 hour ride and you miss Chicago.
    Yep this is a nice ride on the Badger - we took it in a vehicle many years ago.
    Love my Spyders
    2016 F3L Steel Black purchased 7/16/2016 Sold 3/11/2023 (22,500 mi)

2014 RTS Circuit Yellow purchased 3/2/2018

2020 RTL Petrol Blue purchased 1/27/2023

Girls on Spyders #3195

No more 2 wheels
    2020 RTL , Lamonster floor board riser Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nokesy View Post
    My wife will not get on any ship or boat as she has an inner ear condition and will get motion sick like you would not believe. Besides Chicago is a great City to visit, just would not want to live there.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Besides Chicago is a great City to visit, just would not want to live there.
    In contrast to NE Texas which is a great place to live, just wouldn't want to visit there! [Sorry for the momentary hijack!]

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The first sentence in my OP was our dream Bucket List Ride.(just saying) We both ride RT limited's, my bride for the last 44 years rides a 2015 now and I have a 2014. I pull a Aspen pop up trailer and she pulls a cargo trailer. I have ridden 2 wheels for over 50 years but she only started riding by herself 5 years ago when she bought her first Spyder as a retirement gift to herself. Her first year of riding she put 35,000 miles on her Spyder, not bad for a 65 year young lady.
    Holy Christmas, that is impressive.

Spyder Garage

https://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/22635
    Check this link out. This is located about 1 mile South of Route 20 in Ashtabula, Ohio.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by White Wolf View Post
    https://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/22635
    Check this link out. This is located about 1 mile South of Route 20 in Ashtabula, Ohio.
    Thanks for the tip, we have many covered bridges in Oregon and have led tours to some of them with our Spyder club. We will definitely try to make the detour and see this one.
    covered bridge tour 008.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Also, if it happens to be lunch time....about 5 miles East of Ashtabula, Ohio,in North Kingsville Ohio,right off route 20,on route193 is a place, Covered Bridge Pizza which is an actual covered bridge that was disassembled, then reassembled to create this nostalgic restaurant.....about 100 Feet off Route 20 on Route 193. So no big detour. Then......about 8 to 10 miles further East on Route 20 is the White Turkey, drive in 50s style drive in restaurant, that has good burgers, and Root beer Floats.....Your will see this place on the North side of Route 20, just East of Conneaut Ohio.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    Mt Washington & Acadia are awesome, Been there a couple times on 4 wheels,.
    A buddy of mine & I are doing mt Washington on 2 wheels last week of August
    HI, This year "The Mount Washington Cog Rail Way" is celebrating its 150th Anniversary throughout the year.

This is the AAA Northern New England Magazine.

Sorry for getting off the topic.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

WOW. I can't hardly wait for the day my wife and I can try a trip like this to cross off a bucket list item. Can't help you out with much info except on your leg through the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and along the coast of lake Michigan through Wisconsin. We know some great stops along the lake to rest and spend the night and you must take a stop at Lambeau Field in Green Bay even if you are not a Packer Fan. We can put you up for a night in a Luxury tree house that we built after watching the Tree house master builders on the DIY network. Some campfire food and a few cold beverages and a night in the tree house with the birds and squirrels will be worth the stop. We are an hour out of green bay and would love to hear about your adventures on the open road. We just purchased a 2015 F3S spyder and are looking forward to riding it for the first time this year. Let me know what you want to do either way and we can hook up for a memory filled night in Wisconsin.
    2015 F3S , silver and orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    HI, This year "The Mount Washington Cog Rail Way" is celebrating its 150th Anniversary throughout the year.

This is the AAA Northern New England Magazine.

Sorry for getting off the topic.

Deanna
    Not at all off topic Deanna, Mike already suggested Mt. Washington, and I considered the Rail Way but Ryding to the top sounds more fun !
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by holyhill1 View Post
    WOW. I can't hardly wait for the day my wife and I can try a trip like this to cross off a bucket list item. Can't help you out with much info except on your leg through the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and along the coast of lake Michigan through Wisconsin. We know some great stops along the lake to rest and spend the night and you must take a stop at Lambeau Field in Green Bay even if you are not a Packer Fan. We can put you up for a night in a Luxury tree house that we built after watching the Tree house master builders on the DIY network. Some campfire food and a few cold beverages and a night in the tree house with the birds and squirrels will be worth the stop. We are an hour out of green bay and would love to hear about your adventures on the open road. We just purchased a 2015 F3S spyder and are looking forward to riding it for the first time this year. Let me know what you want to do either way and we can hook up for a memory filled night in Wisconsin.
    Sounds like a great time, we will definitely get in contact with you. We are a fan on Tree House Masters also. As a kid my friends and I built an entire fort including a elevated drawbridge fort in a grove of oak trees , we spent most of the summer building it and it consisted on 5 structures, one of my great childhood memories. We are excited to meet up and share some travel stories.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Sounds great. We would love to hear about your travels and who doesn't love a tree house. I too built a tree house when I was a kid but nothing like the one I built last summer. This one was a childhood dream and now it has come to life. Life is good and happy trails to you and your wife as you complete this wonderful adventure.
    2015 F3S , silver and orange

Spyder Garage

Not at all off topic Deanna, Mike already suggested Mt. Washington, and I considered the Rail Way but Ryding to the top sounds more fun !
    Also, here is an other suggestion: if you are going to be in the /or near Mount Washington area try the Kancamagus highway( Route 112) starts in the North Conway, New Hampshire area and goes East/West ends in Lincoln, New Hampshire. The Kancamagus highway is 35 miles long, before going on the Kancamagus highway gas up( since there is no gas stations on the Kancamagus highway) This is very scenic and has several outlook areas, and campgrounds along the way. At the end of Kancamagus highway in Lincoln, New Hampshire this town is a quaint town, tucked into the White Mountains. Full of things to do, see, restaurant's, and places to shop. Continue to Woodstock, New Hampshire, and visit the famous Truants Tavern or the Woodstock station. Also if needed visit the Woodstock Cycle works if you need any service done on the spyder.

I have rode on the Kancamagus highway several times in the previous years. The Kancamagus highway is 1 of my favorite spyder roads.
    Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Also, here is an other suggestion: if you are going to be in the /or near Mount Washington area try the Kancamagus highway( Route 112) starts in the North Conway, New Hampshire area and goes East/West ends in Lincoln, New Hampshire. The Kancamagus highway is 35 miles long, before going on the Kancamagus highway gas up( since there is no gas stations on the Kancamagus highway) This is very scenic and has several outlook areas, and campgrounds along the way. At the end of Kancamagus highway in Lincoln, New Hampshire this town is a quaint town, tucked into the White Mountains. Full of things to do, see, restaurant's, and places to shop. Continue to Woodstock, New Hampshire, and visit the famous Truants Tavern or the Woodstock station. Also if needed visit the Woodstock Cycle works if you need any service done on the spyder.

I have rode on the Kancamagus highway several times in the previous years. The Kancamagus highway is 1 of my favorite spyder roads.
    Deanna
    Thanks Deanna,
    I got on Google and this looks like a great ride and has plenty of camping, If we have enough time to get north to Mt. Washington we will take this route heading back west. These are the types of suggestions we are looking for as nobody knows the rides better than the Locals or folks that have ridden them several times.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

So jealous I love Coast to coast trips. April and I did one and I did one. Soooo much to see and soooo much to do and soooo little time. You and you wife will love this trip.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

Thanks Deanna,
    I got on Google and this looks like a great ride and has plenty of camping, If we have enough time to get north to Mt. Washington we will take this route heading back west. These are the types of suggestions we are looking for as nobody knows the rides better than the Locals or folks that have ridden them several times.
    HI, Also off there is an road off the Kancamagus highway you should try it is called THE BEAR NOTCH ROAD, this road very smooth and excellent road for spyders. The Bear Notch Road starts near Jigger Johnson Campground and end in the Little town of Bartlett ( on Route 302 East/West). It is in the area of Attitash Mtn Resort. They close the Bear Notch Road in the winter. They have several scenic look outs.

Look up THE BEAR NOTCH ROAD on Google.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Default New Helmet

Less than two weeks out and we head out on our Coast to Coast ride. Since we are riding West to East we decided to get new helmets with a visor to shade our eyes from the morning sun. Scorpion came out with a modular with the visor and we have had them for several weeks now and they really make a difference. We also changed our coms from Uclears to Sena 30K and they are a real improvement. My bride just had to accessorize her helmet.
    IMG_0124.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant