Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Just sent you a PM.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Wow, an amazing and awesome journey, let's know how the Spyders perform.

Spyder Garage

Let the Journey begin !
    We have been packing, making house sitting arrangements, installed drip systems on all the planters and we are heading out! The first week will start very slow as I need to spend several days in Bend Oregon helping my late mentors wife, sort and organize his tools as she wants to have a garage sale and clean out his man cave and she does not know the value of them. It will be a little bitter sweet as I go through them as he taught me how to earn a living and provide for my family with these tools. One of them I'm keeping is a Winchester Hand Saw that was one of his favorites.We actually rode down to Newport OR. last week when it wasn't raining to get a photo of the sign and I'm glad that we did as today is a rainy day and we will pick up our ride in Lebanon OR. and leave for Bend in the morning. Thank goodness for heated gear as there is still a lot of snow on the mountain passes and my bride does not like the cold, but with heated pants, jacket, and gloves she stays warm as toast.
    Start Point.jpgNye Beach OR..jpgfirst pass on the Coast Range..jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

I'm reminded of the old WWI song......
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gs5IH76mwCM
    Bon Voyage folks.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Butler maps are a great option to have in the saddlebag. If you can swing it, the Custer Battlefield is hallowed ground..... There are hundreds of really great places to see and visit, you might get pushed for time with only 3 months...... LOL
    2017 RT , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rickjfl View Post
    Butler maps are a great option to have in the saddlebag. If you can swing it, the Custer Battlefield is hallowed ground..... There are hundreds of really great places to see and visit, you might get pushed for time with only 3 months...... LOL
    The first time I was at Custers battle field was in the late 60s but as my OP said we are staying on Hwy. 20 . I have a number of Butler maps and have been in every state but two, as a construction superintendent. This time around I get to share the country with my bride.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

We made it to Bend OR. We’re we will spend several days visiting some friends. It was misting on top of the passes when we crossed the Cascades. The spiders and trailers are behaving nicely . Will head out Wednesday morning aim or shine, looks like mostly light rain ahead for the next week. DFACA6C8-0C1B-401D-9659-8C4C73357F15.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

And so their long odyssey begins. Happy trails to you.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Following, following, following.....Thank you easysuper team.

Spyder Garage

Default Coast to Coast, Idaho

Continued our journey today after spending 4 days in Bend OR helping my mentors wife sort his tools and getting ready for a sale, we made it across central and eastern Oregon and into Idaho where we will meet up with IdahoMtnSpyder and tour Old Fort Boise museum. The Oregon desert is greener than I have ever seen it before. We hope to be in Yellowstone in two days and it may snow.C44116B3-978A-4BFC-AE7F-B837CFC9D3E3.jpg4780E173-D490-4518-8CB3-B9ADE8415DE1.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Default Coast to Coast Yellowstone

Made it through Yellowstone yesterday and spent the night in Cody. The rain has held off with only a few showers, just enough to keep the Frog Togs on. The ride through Yellowstone stone was great no matter how many times I’ve been there. We have ridden through 4 times now and when I was a kid we went through every year on our annual trip to my grandparents. We hope to make Casper tonight but may take a detour off of 20 to stop at Independence Rock, I’ve been there but my bride hasn’t. And it’s a great piece of history for us adventurers.
    3F2D8511-F73E-4F5C-B787-DCE818148EF8.jpg157CD3DD-4797-4A0C-8057-4AD211A54A1F.jpgB78F0008-C24D-4D4E-A2C8-A5B0B1F5CB49.jpg9D74D3E0-7989-479D-8D8E-AC14F79384F2.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by easysuper View Post
    Made it through Yellowstone yesterday and spent the night in Cody. The rain has held off with only a few showers, just enough to keep the Frog Togs on. The ride through Yellowstone stone was great no matter how many times I’ve been there. We have ridden through 4 times now and when I was a kid we went through every year on our annual trip to my grandparents. We hope to make Casper tonight but may take a detour off of 20 to stop at Independence Rock, I’ve been there but my bride hasn’t. And it’s a great piece of history for us adventurers.
    3F2D8511-F73E-4F5C-B787-DCE818148EF8.jpg157CD3DD-4797-4A0C-8057-4AD211A54A1F.jpgB78F0008-C24D-4D4E-A2C8-A5B0B1F5CB49.jpg9D74D3E0-7989-479D-8D8E-AC14F79384F2.jpg
    …...……… Had you brought some SKI's you would have added an interesting talking point …. I've been prepping Max for your arrival …. and planning some Menu's ...……Let me know of any foods you would rather not Eat ……… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    …...……… Had you brought some SKI's you would have added an interesting talking point …. I've been prepping Max for your arrival …. and planning some Menu's ...……Let me know of any foods you would rather not Eat ……… Mike
    My bride, not me,does not like liver and onions or gizzards anything thing else is good,u My sis is still skiing up at Timberline Lodge but it ends this weekend is mostly open for the Olympic training camp from now until it starts snowing again.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Safe travels as you continue on you journey.
    I suggest you stop in Lewiston NY, near Niagara Falls. Very beautiful town, nice resturants and an area you can stop along the Lower Niagara River. I go there a few times a year to fish.
    IT IS, WHAT IT IS...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

My bride, not me,does not like liver and onions or gizzards anything thing else is good,u My sis is still skiing up at Timberline Lodge but it ends this weekend is mostly open for the Olympic training camp from now until it starts snowing again.
    ….. Well have no fear - I've never cooked Gizzards …. But I also like Liver & Onions, I prefer calves liver ….. but that won't be on the menu either …… safe travels …. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

....We will mostly stick to Hwy 20 just so we can say we did it......We are not super slab lovers and in no hurry and like to take the slow lane.....
    I did version of this a few years ago. Took Route 30 - the Lincoln Highway - from Michigan to New York. On the way back, from Boston, I took Route 20. Fun until the heavens opened with a deluge.
    Enjoy yourself and take your time!

~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default C TO C Trip

Enjoy your Time and Always RYDE SAFE. The story is a great one. Keep us in the loop with lots of different things.......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

This is awesome, exactly what my wife and I are planning when we retire in 6-7 years. We didn't realize route 20 spans the whole country E->W, that is so cool!
    Have a safe trip, take it all in and take a ton of pictures and post them here!

Spyder Garage

Default Coast to Coast , Wyoming

We had breakfast in Cody WY. At the Irma Hotel and Bar that Buffalo Bill Cody built in 1901, the bar was a gift from Queen Elisabeth in appreciation for a command performance he gave he while he was touring Europe with his troupe. It cost $100,000 back then and was made in France, sniped to NewYork, shiped by Train to Red Lodge MT. Freighted by wagon to Cody. The Hotel has survived because he built it out of Stone. I chased the little yellow trailer across Wyoming down along the Big Horn Mt. through the Wind River Canyon, I have a photo of my dad on his Harley there in 1938 on his big ride. We stayed the night in Douglas Wy.
    F8158AB4-4A5C-4C52-B16A-C0ED3701E469.jpgB4524E5F-5BE2-46EE-805A-FC0256190FF4.jpgC7B12ADA-4842-45AD-AE50-879E67375205.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Followed the little yellow trailer the rest of the way across Nebraska, the Sandhills were beautiful with lots of historical sites. The rain has held off, or we have been lucky. It’s been just enough showers to keep the Frog Togs on. We made it into Iowa yesterday. We have logged a little over 2000 miles and we are averaging 36 mpg. We are out of the mountains now so it may improve. Ellie gets better mpg as I’m pulling the heavier trailer and hers is more streamlined.3881F56B-5737-42A4-B988-7D3B0DAA1B61.jpgFA4A303B-D616-48CE-B8EF-65B454109F16.jpgDFB9BE13-35DC-440B-BCF6-ABAB4D1B2EC3.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

Not much to see in Iowa on Hwy 20 as it’s all 4 lane and fairly new, took about 4 hours to cross then into Illinois. We decided to spen the night in Galena as it’s a great place to shop,eat and see the sites.
    FDE79D95-6911-4E7E-9616-D9F14526A0AE.jpgFDE79D95-6911-4E7E-9616-D9F14526A0AE.jpgEC30BBF5-7F1C-49CD-B7B6-C4C8F04E38B0.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

We made to Elkhart Indiana yesterday after crossing Illinois which is very beautiful. The town of Galena is a great place to visit, the history is a little sad on the Indians point of view but again the history books are mostly written by the winner. We are making better time than I thought as we are chasing storms and not stopping as much as planned but when the weather gets nicer we will slow down. I thought I had the photo thing figured out but still have a hard time posting right side up photos.
    FC5C4DEE-7077-4D2F-B122-DBC1D48FAD05.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Super, if these are coming from your phone, I have found that if you go into the photo and "edit" it, and save, it will post right side up! You don't really have to change anything, just edit and save. Be safe...but have fun!
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

I thought I had the photo thing figured out but still have a hard time posting right side up photos.
    FC5C4DEE-7077-4D2F-B122-DBC1D48FAD05.jpg
    I'm happy enough to turn my head a bit just to follow your journey vicariously. Keep it coming and ryde safely!
    Raprider (Rich)

2016 Can-Am Spyder ST-S SE5 Steel Black Metallic (Blackbird)
    BRP Audio, Heated Grips, Fog Lights, Passenger Backrest, Givi Saddlebags/Top Case
    BajaRon Swaybar, TricLed Wide-Vu Mirrors, Lamonster Ram mount and X-grip, Sena 20S Evo Dual
    TricLed Sequential Front SpyderFenderz, Dual Color Run/Brake/Turn LEDs, Brake Flasher
    Kumho Ecsta AST installed on rear 4/2021

1996 Yamaha Virago 750 (Vera) - still riding
    1987 Honda Shadow 500 (Shady) - sold
    1982 Honda Rebel 250 (Little Reb) - sold

2016 ST-S , Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate looks at -- View Post
    Super, if these are coming from your phone, I have found that if you go into the photo and "edit" it, and save, it will post right side up! You don't really have to change anything, just edit and save. Be safe...but have fun!
    Thanks Pirate, I’ll try that, I could post photos from my PC, but I bought a new IPad for the trip and it’s giving me fits.
    2014 RTL , Black Currant