Spyder Garage

Default How to import routes / waypoints on a "BRP friendly" application

Hi, I'm a new owner of a F3 Limited 2018 and I'd like to import routes obtained from internet such as GPX files.

Obviously, these types of files doesn't seem to be compatible with Genius map...

Do you have any trick to be able to program a real trip and not simply a destination with the BRP system ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Erik

Spyder Garage

Yes. Head over to Lamonster Garage and get a Garmin mount for your F3 and use a real Garmin GPS. Forget the BRP Connect apps and ride happy.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Erik,

There is a Windows program called ITN Converter. It is free, although they ask for contributions, and will translate GPX (or other files types) files into quite a few different file formats. I would give it a look.

I use Sygic vice Genuis, so can't give specifics......but my process is to create a GPX file, run it through ITN Converter, Post it on my Dropbox, use a file manager on my android to copy the file from dropbox into the Sygic itinerary folder, and then load it is a route. Whole process, minus creating a GPX file/route using Honda Trip Planner using multiple waypoints or similar, is maybe 2-3 minutes once you know where to go. Imagine you can use similar on Genuis.

If you've not bought Genuis, I would look at Sygic as well. It is a little cheaper, not by much. Each has advantages, but several have preferred Sygic after using both. if you go Sygic and happen to use android, I can further explain the specific folder to drop the route into and ITN Converter settings I use.
    V/E
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Thanks a lot for this information ! I'll definitively have to test Sygic (with iPhone).
    Have a nice day :-)

Spyder Garage

As a note, if you decide to look at sygic and want to create your own routes, they have an online trip planner/maps. See https://maps.sygic.com/?utm_source=c....8512,-82.7545 . It is fairly nice in that you can set waypoints etc, then email the route straight to your phone/Sygic. Very easy. I do not believe you can import a GPX file into it, but have not tried. At any rate, much easier to build your route than on the phone.

I tend to not use their planner since I have an android. With an iPhone, Apple is pretty careful with what file managers can and can't do.....so not sure how easy it will be to paste a route into needed location. Gut says it can be done, and if so, that would allow you to import GPXs etc as well. I will take a look at my wife's iPhone and see if it will allow a file manager access.

V/R
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey