Spyder Garage

Default Fault Code B102F

Showing fault code B102F on my 2019 F3 Ltd. Service manual says the B prefix has to do with the body including luggage compartments. Anybody know what this specific code is?

Also, the turn signals are hyper-flashing. Two flashes at normal rate then hype-flashing. Been doing this since day one. 4-ways are flashing at normal rate however. All turn signal lights are on and flashing. On the 2019 Ltds, the rear signals are incandescent bulbs and the fronts are LEDs (in the front fenders). Any ideas?

Any guidance would be appreciated.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I could not find that specific code in BUDS. But I do not have a 2019 F3L demo file to reference. The closest I could find was B100F. That is for a burnt out or open circuit to a turn signal bulb. That would cause hyper flash. Since codes that are close are related to similar systems. I would be looking at the turn signal lights.

Sorry that is the best I can do for now. I will get my laptop fired up later and see if my file for my 2018 F3L has that specific code.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

After reading your post I went out and checked the signals again. I turned on the ignition, scrolled down to the fault codes screen on the instrument panel and no fault codes showing. I then turned on the left turn signal and immediately got a fault code B100F. Checked both left and right sides and all signal lights are illuminated but hyper-flashing.

Again, the help is appreciated.
    2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Hi LifeLongRider,
    I have a 2019 RT that has just thrown up the same fault code B100F. It also threw up two other codes that I couldn’t remember and when I switched off the engine and turned it back on they disappeared leaving only the B100 F fault code. I’ve just gone out and started it again and no fault codes show but as soon as I use the indicator the B100F fault code reappears. The indicators on both sides seem to be flashing much quicker than normal. I’m a good distance from my dealer and just wondered what was the fix for this issue and did it involve a return to the dealer. Many thanks for any information.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Silversurfer1 View Post
    I’ve just gone out and started it again and no fault codes show but as soon as I use the indicator the B100F fault code reappears. The indicators on both sides seem to be flashing much quicker than normal..
    Silversurfer - what you describe is exactly the same issue I am having - it's been doing it since new. I have not been back to my dealer yet and will wait until the first service to mention it to them. At this point I'm thinking it may be something in the left handlebar control. If you get it diagnosed please post the results and I will do the same.
    2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

LifeLongRider, I have contacted my dealer about it and if I get any information I will post it here. Hopefully it will be something easily fixed.

Spyder Garage

Yep, my wife's F3L has the same issue. I thought it was from the turn indicators that I put on, but I guess not. I will stop by my dealer tonight and see what the service guys say. They are just down the road from me.

Spyder Garage

I went to my dealer this evening and looked at the other F3 Limiteds and none of them had the hyper flash when I put the signals on. The service guy said that he was going to contact BRP tomorrow and see what needs to be done. He also asked me to disconnect my turn signal indicators and try the signal lights, but they still hyper flashed.
    I will keep you posted to what he says.

Spyder Garage

Thanks bscrive will be very interested to hear what he says.

Spyder Garage

Our dealer called back and said that there is an update for the 2019 F3L. We are bringing in the Spyder April 19 to get it done. Hopefully, it will fix the issue.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bscrive View Post
    Our dealer called back and said that there is an update for the 2019 F3L. We are bringing in the Spyder April 19 to get it done. Hopefully, it will fix the issue.
    Likewise, I have a service appt for April 19th for the same problem and new firmware version 20.8. Hope that fixes the problem. I'll post the results also.
    2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

I know there’s a software update for BRP Connect 20.8 I think - is that the same thing or is there a different update for the Spyder itself. Mine is a 2019 RT Ltd?

Spyder Garage

I know there’s a software update for BRP Connect 20.8 I think - is that the same thing or is there a different update for the Spyder itself. Mine is a 2019 RT Ltd?
    BRP Connect is the phone app. Updates just get rolled out on your phones. That is if you have allowed that under your settings on your phone. Have no idea what software level that is at and it does not matter much.

The firmware level is of the gauge cluster. The latest and greatest is 20.8. Many folks refer to this as the BRP Connect level. Which is wrong and can be confusing. The gauge cluster dash display does have to interface with the BRP Connect app on your phone. So the firmware level important. But the gauge cluster does far more than that. One of those functions is control the signal lights. It controls when they go on, off and flash rate.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Thank you billybovine for the explanation. I wonder could that update also fix the issue I'm having with no audio through my helmet for Genius maps. Everything is going through the speakers even though I've changed the audio output from speakers to bluetooth. Hopefully the update might sort that too!

Spyder Garage

Thank you billybovine for the explanation. I wonder could that update also fix the issue I'm having with no audio through my helmet for Genius maps. Everything is going through the speakers even though I've changed the audio output from speakers to bluetooth. Hopefully the update might sort that too!
    Yes that will happen if if your audio source is set to FM or AUX. That is because all firmware levels before 20.8 would not output those sources to your helmet. If your audio source is set to BT (Smart Phone) turn by turn directions should come through your helmet headset. For me any audio from Genius maps from my Android smartphone would lock up the audio. No matter if the output was speakers or headset. The upgrade to 20.8 has added the capability to output audio from FM and AUX sources to headset. The problem with the audio locking up for me has also been corrected. Also added the feature of mileage to empty on the left side of the screen.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

My wife was told that because they eliminated the signals on the mirrors for 2019 that could be the reason for the hyper flash.

The computer is confused I guess. I would think that the hyper flash would happen there is more load and not less. But, I am not an electrical engineer.

Spyder Garage

Thanks billybovine, my new Spyder RT is going back to the dealer next week. Having other bigger problems now. When I brought it back from the dealer and put it in the garage, I left it a couple of days and went to start it and it was completely dead. Put it on a battery tender and left it for 24 hours and it was back up and running. Now it has thrown up all sorts of codes and a check DPS and flickering display as if it has no power. Turned it off and left it overnight and didn’t put on the tender and it is just about dead again!!!!

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone I just started a new thread as I just realized this is the F3 forum and it might help someone else experiencing the same problems on either an F3 or an RT to post a new thread. Hope that’s ok.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...07#post1433807
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-14-2021 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Fixed link