Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Like many threads, this appears to have taken on a life of its own. Martin’s question was whether you prefer riding jeans to moto pants, and why, and it appears to have turned into a declaration of who believes they are the “safest” when they ride

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

It could be deemed to be as you suggested.

However, the second line from the OP......"I anysone rYding just in shorts or normal jeans"?...does seem to open the subject for further discussion about some of the safety issues.

So far....IMO...a bit off, but not enough side bars to mess with the thread. There has been some interesting discussion. With all the new people on the site...some are seeing this type of information for the first time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by akspyderman View Post
    It could be deemed to be as you suggested.

However, the second line from the OP......"I anysone rYding just in shorts or normal jeans"?...does seem to open the subject for further discussion about some of the safety issues.

So far....IMO...a bit off, but not enough side bars to mess with the thread. There has been some interesting discussion. With all the new people on the site...some are seeing this type of information for the first time.
    We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one, AK. There are a zillion (well, maybe a million ), threads on Spyderlovers regarding ATGATT for new and old members to look up. Martin’s thread is specifically looking at the differences people find between moto pants and riding jeans, and the reasons they have. Shorts and normal jeans are also in the mix. You would have to ask if some of the comments were made without even watching Martin’s video.

Speaking of which, I do indeed wear shorts on the F3. This is a calculated gamble, and occurs when I ride the 10km, all in a 50kph zone with no traffic lights, to my local beach for a surf. If I was riding two wheels I would not even consider it, as you never know when that patch of sand or oil might pop up, but on three wheels, and as a constantly aware driver/rider, the risks in my calculations are minimal. However, I NEVER wear normal denim jeans. If I am riding anywhere other than very local, it’s just as easy to pull on riding jeans as normal ones, and without knee guards, they are all day comfortable off the F3.
    If I am off on a multi day trip, or on the freeway, then it’s the MotoPort Kevlar jeans with armour.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peteoz View Post
    We’ll have to agree to disagree on this one, AK. There are a zillion (well, maybe a million ), threads on Spyderlovers regarding ATGATT for new and old members to look up. Martin’s thread is specifically looking at the differences people find between moto pants and riding jeans, and the reasons they have. Shorts and normal jeans are also in the mix. You would have to ask if some of the comments were made without even watching Martin’s video.

Speaking of which, I do indeed wear shorts on the F3. This is a calculated gamble, and occurs when I ride the 10km, all in a 50kph zone with no traffic lights, to my local beach for a surf. If I was riding two wheels I would not even consider it, as you never know when that patch of sand or oil might pop up, but on three wheels, and as a constantly aware driver/rider, the risks in my calculations are minimal. However, I NEVER wear normal denim jeans. If I am riding anywhere other than very local, it’s just as easy to pull on riding jeans as normal ones, and without knee guards, they are all day comfortable off the F3.
    If I am off on a multi day trip, or on the freeway, then it’s the MotoPort Kevlar jeans with armour.

Pete
    No problem what so ever. If everyone agreed...this would not be fun at all.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Wear the best gear you can afford. Hitting the ground hurts.
    Last edited by sledmaster; 04-03-2019 at 02:21 PM.

2021 RT Limited - Deep Marsala Red – 4,200 miles

2013 ST-S SE-5 - Circuit Yellow – 56,000 miles

2015 F3-S SM-6
    - Can-Am Red Solid Gloss – 2,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #659
    - Full Moon – 34,000 miles - SOLD

2008 GS SM-5 Premier Edition #006
    - Full Moon – 34,800 miles - SOLD