Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Jeans or regular moto Trousers?

I would like to find out, who prefers Jeans and who regular moto Trousers?
    Is anyone rYding just in shorts or normal jeans?

Here is the story of the Jeans I do wear and why i consider them as a TOP on the market.

Spyder Garage

I guess I am confused. Just because you ride a Spyder, you don't need the hip and knee protection? I am not understanding your logic at all. A kevlar liner doesn't offer any protection from the impact with the road. Crashing sucks and you want all the protection you can get.
    2018 Spyder ST Limited , Asphalt Gray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

ATGATT 02.jpg

ATGATT!

But not those riding pants: I have my own preferred choice...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Pirate looks at --'s Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I wear riding pants that do in deed have armor in them. They are abrasion resistant, but, I wear them because they are warmer than jeans in the winter and cooler than jeans in the summer. Just give it a try it is true.
    White 2013 Spyder RT Limited. BajaRon Swaybar, Custom Dynamic Third Brake Light. Ultimate Custom Black and White seat with driver and passenger back rest. Gloryder Led Wheel lights.Custom Dynamics Led Bright sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright sides.

2016 F3 Limited Intense Red Pearl. Lidlox, BRP Driver Back Rest, BRP Passenger Back Rest,Fog Lights, GPS, Signature Light! Custom Dynamics LED Bright Sides, Amber and Red Fender lights, and Saddle Bag Bright Sides.

Spyder Garage

i ride a spyder and stryker, and wear BOHN body armor,boots, helmet and gloves

Spyder Garage

I have riding jeans with Kevlar and pockets for armor.
    2014 ST SE5 LT , Black Current

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by r!ot View Post
    i ride a spyder and stryker, and wear BOHN body armor,boots, helmet and gloves
    How does the Bohn hold up? They have always intrigues me. I currently wear Motoport mesh riding pants with full armor.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lstayner View Post
    I guess I am confused. Just because you ride a Spyder, you don't need the hip and knee protection? I am not understanding your logic at all. A kevlar liner doesn't offer any protection from the impact with the road. Crashing sucks and you want all the protection you can get.
    When you really think about being in danger while driving …..EVERYONE should be outfitted like the NASCAR drivers ….anything less is foolhardy ….. PS I wear normal attire when I operate my Spyder ….. but that's just me ….. all the best ….. Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Depends. If I'm riding hard on the sport bike - leathers. General riding around - riding jeans with armor or Carhartts. Spyder - Carhartts or regular jeans. Touring - my 3 season ballistic mesh pants.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

BohnArmor top and bottoms under kevlar jeans or leathers, depends on the weather. Jacket, pants, helmet, gloves and riding boots.
    David Petrick
    Certified Professional Photographer
    2020 Limited Dark , Magma Red Black

Spyder Garage

Default Well....🤔

One can never have enough protection. I have full coverage, long sleeves, long pants, lace on footwear (unforutnately can not wear boots) helmet, gloves but not the best materials but better than short sleeves, short pants, toe sandals, do rag and bare knuckles.... for sure. For the long haul I do have a armored Jacket
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default My Thoughts

Hi All
    Here is my take on this,
    You must decide if you are welling to take a chance on having a CRASH and using
    protective clothing or not, A Spyder is a machine you are sitting on NOT in you do not
    have seat belts and lots of metal around you for protection,
    In 2011 I was riding my Honda ST1100 and was stopped at a stop sign a car pulled up behind me
    there was lots of cross traffic in front of me and I was the first vehicle in the row just behind the
    cross walk.... While sitting there I saw to my left a green pickup heading at me on an angle, I knew I was
    going to get hit... I for some crazy reason jumped off the bike and the truck hit the left side of it right where
    I was sitting, I was on the ground and the bike was spinning it hit me and pushed me under the pickup trucks right rear wheel
    at that point he ran over my upper body chest and arm, I was outfitted with an armor jacket by First Gear and
    armor pants also First Gear along with modular helmet and gloves and riding boots.... I did not have any road rash
    I did have a bunch of shoulder problems it was dislocated, my helmet was a mess from whatever under the truck hit it
    the bike was totaled and I was close behind. The truck driver was blind drunk, it was a stolen truck with stolen lic. plates,
    he had NO drivers lic., no Ins. and now the big one this was his 5th. DUI/DWI
    All that being said I was not dead or horribly maimed. I have to thank First Gear for saving my bacon.
    If you value your skin don't ride with out proper protection... All this from a guy who has been riding for 62 years.
    Ride Safe
    Dave
    Last edited by Motorcycledave; 03-29-2019 at 02:19 PM.

Spyder Garage

Safety gear is all about personal choices. I am still a believer in ATGATT. You will NEVER catch me riding without a proper helmet, gloves, or boots. I have several other options for everything else. I usually let the weather conditions decide the rest. I have leather jackets, textile jackets, and mesh jackets. Also have textile riding pants with liners for the colder or rainy weather.

Most of the time it is KEVLAR lined jeans for me. If I want extra protection I add a pair of old fashioned leather riding chaps. I like the look and it does not matter if I am on my cruiser or the spyder.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Martin Slovakia's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lstayner View Post
    Hi there.. exactly, i dont need it �� if i will felt down the scraches will be last thing i will be worrying about. This way i feel 100times more comfy... i dont think anybody has ever felt down from spyder,,, sooo only option is crash

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Slovakia View Post
    Hi there.. exactly, i dont need it �� if i will felt down the scraches will be last thing i will be worrying about. This way i feel 100times more comfy... i dont think anybody has ever felt down from spyder,,, sooo only option is crash
    Scratches???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IrKUStWl24
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

That is a hard lesson to learn. Dress for the crash.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the video, Martin. Those jeans look great. Yes, you obviously have style and cool in great abundance. In fact, if I wasn’t married, I’d probably ask you out ....... and NO, that is NOT my “wife” in my profile photo

Like you, I prefer riding jeans to moto trousers. I have two pairs of Draggin jeans. One with Kevlar in the seat and knees for summer and one fully lined with Kevlar for winter. They do not have stretch panels in the crotch and knees however. But having said that, my go to riding pants are actually stretch Kevlar jeans from MotoPort. They make them using your favourite pair of casual jeans as a pattern, and they are unbelievably soft yet strong, as well as being water resistant. They are cool in summer and warm in winter. When I say stretch, I do not mean they fit tight to your body. They are the same dimensions as your jeans, but they flex a bit when you bend your knees (and other parts).
    Like you, comfort when riding, walking and sitting in cafes is my prime driver, so I also do not wear knee pads. If you are not comfortable when riding, I don’t believe you are able to fully concentrate.
    Of course, I do not look anywhere near as good in my jeans as you do in yours, as it is impossible to meet the high standards of style and cool that you display. That is why I did not bother posting a photo.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I’ve been wanting to get riding jeans but they are all 6 inches too long for my expanded waist size so right now it’s my riding pants with knee and hip armor with some shorts underneath in summer so I can peel down when I stop.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

+ Full helmet - prefer my white (for visibility) Shoei Neotech modular.
    + Ballistic nylon riding jacket with armor and zip out lining. Blue and white for visibility.
    + Kevlar lined riding jeans with knee armor.
    + Weather appropriate underliner under the jeans, helps insulate from heat or cold.
    + 11" riding boots with thick traction soles.
    There's an irony here; an inverse proportion. When you are young and have several decades ahead to live, you take foolish chances which can snuff that out in an instant. But when you are nearing the possible end of life, you take every measure you can to preserve what little is left.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    I’ve been wanting to get riding jeans but they are all 6 inches too long for my expanded waist size so right now it’s my riding pants with knee and hip armor with some shorts underneath in summer so I can peel down when I stop.
    Take a look at Motoport. They custom make them to fit correctly. Yes, they are a bit more expensive than an off the shelf pair but they have a 7 year warranty. This past year I had lost enough weight that I needed to have them resized. Sent a pair of jeans in with the pants and 3 weeks later I got the pants back and the fit was perfect.

Spyder Garage

Default What brand??

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    +
    + Kevlar lined riding jeans with knee armor.
    What brand of Jeans are you wearing?
    Thanks
    Eckhard

Spyder RT Ltd, 2011
    2011 RT Ltd. , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

I'm for protection unless it's a very short ride. But even if I wear regular jeans, I use armored knee pads. So it's either my full suit Aerostich, BMW moto summer pants, jeans with knee pads. I always wear a jacket with protection and last year I bought a vest that inflates on impact to protect the ribs, shoulder and neck

https://helite.com/airbag-motorcycle-vest-turtle-black
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbim View Post
    I'm for protection unless it's a very short ride. But even if I wear regular jeans, I use armored knee pads. So it's either my full suit Aerostich, BMW moto summer pants, jeans with knee pads. I always wear a jacket with protection and last year I bought a vest that inflates on impact to protect the ribs, shoulder and neck

https://helite.com/airbag-motorcycle-vest-turtle-black
    I believe about 75 % of vehicle accidents occur within 15 miles of your residence …….. if this is true ATGATT makes more sense for a spin around the block ….just sayin …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I believe about 75 % of vehicle accidents occur within 15 miles of your residence …….. if this is true ATGATT makes more sense for a spin around the block ….just sayin …. Mike
    I agree. I do wear my armored jacket and Helite vest ATT. It's just the jeans with knee pads that I may wear for short rides, specially when that is what I am already wearing.
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhard View Post
    What brand of Jeans are you wearing?
    Thanks
    Good old Cycle Gear. I go there because I can try on before buying, there is a huge selection and their prices are decent. I call them the Harbor Freight of the MC accessory world. They stock many items with their house brand that are sold elsewhere with national brand names on them and for way less.
    + The underliners I wear are Cycle Gear's Heat-Out and Freeze-Out and THEY WORK!
    + I forgot to add gloves - always the gloves. Hitting the pavement without them has horrible results.
    I buy on line only when I have to, I much prefer the old fashion eye-to-eye buyer-seller relationship. It's even better to go where everyone knows your name. (Some won't get that last bit.)
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome