Spyder Garage

Default Ryker ---- so dang close!!!

I just happened to get pulled out from under my rock yesterday about the RYKER while perusing Facebook. I was scrolling along and saw a dealer posting them for sale at $8400 and I was like... WTH is this??? So I looked on the interweb and I was thinking YES!!! You don't have to shift the dam thing FINALLY AND you can go do some off-roading!!! Then I realized... Why does it have to be so damn ugly??? AND.... Why can't they put a handbrake on these things??? BUT... I kinda like the whole concept of the trike! How fast do these things go? This thing hits pretty darn close to the wish list I had for BRP. I think i even posted it online here somewhere? Not sure how to find it.
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Found a little snippet.. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...l=1#post982539
    HAHAHAHA

Does anybody offer a handbrake for it?
    2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS convertible. 2017 GMC Sierra cc diesel. 2017 Arctic cat RR 137 ES

Spyder Garage

Spyders and Rykers do not have hand brake levers for the same reason they do not have manual chokes, clutch levers, or buggy whips. They are outdated tech that is no longer needed. The Spyders and Rykers have 3 channel ABS with auto proportioning front to rear brake bias tied in to the stability control system. Unless you have a physical disability that keeps you from using a foot brake, there is no need for the hand brake lever. If you really need one, ISCI makes kits to adapt one.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Default Not a problem...

you get used to it pretty fast and if you consider the only hand brake out there will cost you about 20 % the cost of the trike and it does the same job as the foot brake unlike bikes front and rear brakes.....Makes you wonder if it is worth it....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

See you have not been around here for awhile. Read a bunch of the Ryker reviews. They are selling good, and most like them a lot.

Welcome Back.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I am handicapped and need a handbrake to ride the Spyder. I've owned 2 of them and paid to equip each with the isci handbrake. It does not work as well as the factory pedal. The Spyder appeals strongly to those that physically cannot ride a motorcycle safely. They fall short in fulfilling that niche because of the foot pedal brake. The great people at isci make a quality product but it takes significantly more effort and does not provide the full 100% braking force.