Thread: Spots done

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Spots done

Hi all Two 5 bulb spots from China ( e bay) £20 with switch . Fitted on lower A arms with brackets supplied No drilling wired down through under bars following existing cables . Connections from switch ( 2) one to live battery / one to live on spots (both) earth to battery then to Earth on spots it's simple wiring with line fuse 30 amp or less on live to battery
    This way NO wiring to any ign/ main beam etc so cannot upset nanny These spots will flash / and SOS at push of switch WHICH is why I did not put through bike wiring , intermittent current might affect headlight etc so no chances. I can have have them on when I want without any other lights . Only snag is unwanted fingers can turn them on , but must be good runners if I catch them Best regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Default Well done....🤔

What....!! no pictures I ran both my fog lights and my spots in the same fasion but after a couple of times that they were turned on and killed the battery I added a switch between the battery and the on/off switch.Only activate them for evening rydes....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I did much the same. Mounted the lights with the screw at the top front inside of the fenders. Earlier, I had installed a fuse block connected directly to the battery and a realay that is energized only when the ignition is on, using the "customer" wire behind the frunk. This way, accessories are independent of the bike's fussy electronics.
    FUSE BLOCK.jpg
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

HiChupaca still waiting for son to sort out pics + I will only put spots on while running at night for extra vision with either head or low beam ( which is on all time ) best regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Default Long time ago.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nico75 View Post
    HiChupaca still waiting for son to sort out pics + I will only put spots on while running at night for extra vision with either head or low beam ( which is on all time ) best regards Nico 75
    when I did mine there were no LED types so I still have halogen but work well. Have them aimed to the sholders for the mountain roads.... need to know where the edges are....

20160418_115707.jpg switches for the fogs and spots

20180603_111237.jpg Light location on the RS...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Installed the LED fog lights and running lights in the original location where they would be if they were on one of the models they are OEM stock on. Put them on my 2019 F3-S. Wiring was already inside the panels, but not hooked to anything. Added OEM type switch which turns the fogs off and on. Running lights stay on any time the engine is running and shut down when the key is turned off. All the wiring was already there and I just plugged in the aftermarket wiring that came with the lights. Easy as pie.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver