Thread: F3-S Brake pads

Spyder Garage

Default F3-S Brake pads

We recently got a 2015 Spyder F3-S. Just want to be sure that the rotors are made to be used with sintered brake pads / semi-sintered. Thanks.

Spyder Garage

I wouldn't bother with semi-sintered.... EBC has the best stuff... Vendors here sell 'em. Like BajaRon and Lamonster... They also have the rotors themselves which are also superior to the OEM stuff!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sbct View Post
    We recently got a 2015 Spyder F3-S. Just want to be sure that the rotors are made to be used with sintered brake pads / semi-sintered. Thanks.
    The stock rotors will work with both the Semi-Sintered and Fully Sintered pad sets. We used to carry both for the Brembo system. But the Fully Sintered stop better and last longer. Since that is really what it is all about, we only carry the Fully Sintered pads now.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    The stock rotors will work with both the Semi-Sintered and Fully Sintered pad sets. We used to carry both for the Brembo system. But the Fully Sintered stop better and last longer. Since that is really what it is all about, we only carry the Fully Sintered pads now.
    Ok. Just making sure. I know sintered can chew up rotors that aren't meant for sintered pads. Just installed your anti-sway bar the other day. My wife said she noticed a difference.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sbct View Post
    Ok. Just making sure. I know sintered can chew up rotors that aren't meant for sintered pads. Just installed your anti-sway bar the other day. My wife said she noticed a difference.
    Sintered pads are a bit harder on rotors. But I've never had a customer wear out a rotor. The BRP rotors are a bit soft. But warpage is what gets them (with our without stock pads). I've sold a lot of the Fully Sintered pad sets with zero wear issues. Now if you were racing them on a regular bases, it might be a different story. But I've got customers who run their Spyders pretty hard. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Spyder Garage

Sintered pads are a bit harder on rotors. But I've never had a customer wear out a rotor. The BRP rotors are a bit soft. But warpage is what gets them (with our without stock pads). I've sold a lot of the Fully Sintered pad sets with zero wear issues. Now if you were racing them on a regular bases, it might be a different story. But I've got customers who run their Spyders pretty hard. I'm sure you'll be fine.

I will be getting the pads from you when the time comes.

Spyder Garage

I just replaced my pads all around with Ron's fully sintered pads and rotors at 50K. My left rotor was more worn than right and had a little scoring, why I don't know, so new rotors were worth it. Following the instructions that came with pads to the letter everything came out perfectly. Rear rotor will go on with new rear tire just before big trip this summer. Brakes stop like the hand of God.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Good to hear

Spyder Garage

Since that is really what it is all about, we only carry the Fully Sintered pads now.
    Would those pads be the EBC HH?? That's the best pad I ever experienced. Great stoppers!!
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
    Would those pads be the EBC HH?? That's the best pad I ever experienced. Great stoppers!!
    Yes, the only pad sets I carry for the Brembo system (2013-2019 Spyders) are the EBC HH series. The Semi-Sintered are a bit cheaper, but the little bit more for the HH is well worth it. When I carried both versions everyone would ask me which one was better. I sold very few sets of the Semi-Sintered once I laid out the facts about both kinds.