Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default My Final Retirement

After eighteen years working with the University of Alaska as an adjunct Accounting Professor, I finally said good bye to them on Monday of this week. My final class will be on Tuesday, April 30.

In this case, the handwriting was on the wall. The University is in dire financial straits. The governor of AK has killed about 35% of the University's funding which is setting them into a tailspin.

The November 30, 7.0 earthquake, pretty much took care of the rest. Eagle River, Chugiak received a lot of damage. The building we were using suffered severe damage, and the University decided not to renew the lease which is up in June 2019.

All of the adjuncts on this campus are now out of work as of Fall Semester (AUG) 2019. The layoffs of main staff due to the budget cuts now leave a pool of mainline profs, now out of work. Guess who is going to get the open positions?

I did not want to be kissed off like most are going to be. A wonderful finish for 18 years of service to the community and to the university. These days...it's all about the money.

They can find someone else to take the summer session that I was scheduled to teach. My comment to the University....BYE!

I feel good about my decision. I can now get on with the final chapter of my life.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 03-27-2019 at 09:24 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red