Spyder Garage

Default Rode the Ryker for the first time

It was pretty uneventful so it will not be a detailed review. I have to wait to see what it can do until the break-in period is over. So for now I am in cruiser mode, sleepy and slow. The steering is very stiff. I don't know if it will loosen up. It is not made for twistiest. But I don't have any so it does not matter. It is much more raw than my F3 was, so the connection to the road is good. The F3 is like a luxury car while the Ryker is more muscle car like. I am not as disconnected to the trike's machine components. I think it would have been cooler if it did not have any body work, much like an Arial Atom.

Ironically, I went out in the same conditions when I crashed back in September. Cold rain. That is the #1 reason I brought it, so I don't lose out on riding days because of rain. On some of my previous bikes, I had a no rain riding policy. So I would end up with only 3K or 4K in the seat a year. I lose four months by default due to snow and cold.

I do still want a two wheeler. The experience is completely different than any Cam Am's. But it will only be for warm, dry conditions. But for now, I will just focus on the Ryker. It is perfect for my needs.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I have to say it is EXACTLY for the twisties;. It handles like a slot car on a track. Much faster thru the tight stuff.

Spyder Garage

Agreed it seems to LIVE for the fast turns...

@rogue hawk, are you referring to having to muscle it through without power steering, or did you actually experience some form of handling problems?

Make no doubt, you need to work this machine to get the most from it...

I can certainly attack mountain roads faster on a 2 wheel sport bike, but this is more fun at more "reasonable" speeds. Same reason I prefer my MX-5 to a Corvette, I can push them closer to their limits without landing in jail...
    Ryker 900 ACE - 2-up spring, max mount, passenger seat, short seat rail, Shad bag

Spyder Garage

Yes, I am referring to the extra effort it takes to turn it. I knew it does not have power steering. But it is harder than I thought it would be. I will get used to it.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Seem happy....

For sure you will need time to get used to things and ryde in a more optimal condition. Check tire pressure if it is too low it will make it that much more heavier to handle. If you are going slower than your used to it will also be harder to muscle on the twisties. It will all be fun getting used to it on the different roads and conditions.... )
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    Yes, I am referring to the extra effort it takes to turn it. I knew it does not have power steering. But it is harder than I thought it would be. I will get used to it.
    Think how buffed you are going to be in a month or so .