Spyder Garage

Default Touchup paint for 2017 Spyder RT Champagne Metallic

Anyone know if there's touchup paint available for the 2017 Spyder RT in Champagne Metallic? I've Googled until my fingers bled and I cannot find it anywhere.

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

That's a very attractive color. What you need is the BRP color number. Your dealer should be able to get it from the company. If the dealership tries to slow roll you write to brp.care@brp.com.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

ColorRite owns all the manufacturer paint codes including H-D and Can Am
    https://www.colorrite.com/
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Colorrite is a bust on the 2014 Cognac color. and appears to be the same for the OP's color. From a BRP Service Bulletin , #2014-3, Revision 1 dated Nov 15, 2013, Cognac is BRP color B-367, PPG #937659. The store search on the Colorrite web side reveals nothing either.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Go to WallyWorld. They have a huge selection of nail polishes. You will find your color there. It hasn't failed me yet. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Colorrite is a bust on the 2014 Cognac color. and appears to be the same for the OP's color. From a BRP Service Bulletin , #2014-3, Revision 1 dated Nov 15, 2013, Cognac is BRP color B-367, PPG #937659. The store search on the Colorrite web side reveals nothing either.
    I found a Match for Cognac in a " VHT " spray paint ….. look at " Deanna777 " and post She makes has a Pic of Her dashboard ( which I painted ) ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by campermac View Post
    ColorRite owns all the manufacturer paint codes including H-D and Can Am
    https://www.colorrite.com/
    They don't show my color at all on their site unfortunately...

Spyder Garage

I too am going nuts trying to find the Champagne Metallic paint code. As campermac said ColorRite doesn't have it. They only show Orbital Blue & Pearl White. If anyone has an answer, PLEASE post it on this thread.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

I have a 2018 RTL Champagne Metallic, so I'm interested in this issue as well.

A look at the both 2017 and 2018 parts catalog for RTL's shows an HUGE anomaly - namely there is no "Champagne Metallic" model listed. In its stead is listed "Ivory". This "Ivory" AFAIK only exists for the the two model years the "Champagne Metallic" RTL's were offered. Whether or not these so-called "Ivory" parts are indeed the missing "Champagne Metallic" ones is a mystery. short of ordering one. I wouldn't confuse this "Ivory" for "Pearl White" as the latter color was only for the non-limited RT's.

In short - we've got a nomenclature discrepancy between the Can Am consumer brochure literature, which lists a "Champagne Metallic" RTL model in both 2017 and 2018 (and which matches the actual product) and the paint color listed in the parts catalog, which has "Ivory" instead. If someone at BRP can explain this discrepancy, they likely will have solved the missing paint code as well.

Spyder Garage

Default I got it!!

The paint code for 2017 Champagne Metallic straight from BRP. All I did was ask.
    BRP: B-390
    B.A.S.F.: 934639
    PPG: 944074

We have a local wholesale auto/truck parts store, Levine Auto Parts, which can mix this paint using the color codes. Either brush-on or a spray can, which is what I'm going to get for the repair of my right front fender. I'm sure other stores of the same type anywhere can do the same.
    "A Wise Man Once Said, I Should Ask My Wife."
    2017 Champagne Metallic RT-S SE-6 Rivco Dual Flag Holders; Slingmods Highway Pegs; (Hate Them) Airhawk Seat Cushion; Show Chrome Black Touring Rack w/ Risers & Touring Windshield; RAM X Mount For TXTAG; TackForm Phone Mount; Lidlox; Magic Mirror Mounts; Guardian Bells; WOLO "Bad Boy" Air Horn; Dual USB Power Outlet With Voltmeter; Spyderpops Full View Mirror Turn Signals; Large Brake Pedal; Kott Grilles; Large Mud Flap; BajaRon 3 Piece Sway Bar, Last But Not Least, Kuhmo Rear Rire, Vedrestien Fronts.
    2017 RT-S , Brake pedal extender is twice the size of the stock pedal. Champagne Metallic

Spyder Garage

Use VHT paint, that is the name of the paint that mike( Blueknight911 used) to paint my dashboard. The VHT SP 402 Burnt copper is the exact color match for the Cognac color.
    See any of my posts of my dashboard.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Good job.

https://colorndrive.com/en/touch-up-...154522/details

Yep, it's the right color, different name though. This corresponds to the name used in the parts catalog as "Ivory" - "Ivory Metallic". So for some reason the marketing dweebs at Can Am decided to refer to this color as "Champagne Metallic" which is not what Brp calls it otherwise...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
    Good job.

https://colorndrive.com/en/touch-up-...154522/details

Yep, it's the right color, different name though. This corresponds to the name used in the parts catalog as "Ivory" - "Ivory Metallic". So for some reason the marketing dweebs at Can Am decided to refer to this color as "Champagne Metallic" which is not what Brp calls it otherwise...
    Have you looked at VHT website or at any Automotive stores. for the Champagne color?

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Deanna777 View Post
    Have you looked at VHT website or at any Automotive stores. for the Champagne color?

Deanna
    Not really. There is always a chance that something there would come to a close match ( in an automotive store) but I would have to bring in a sample painted piece with me to do side-by-side comparison. The only way I would buy paint online is by Mfr paint code or a cross reference to it. On this, I did search, but no match on "Champagne Metallic" - which is when I then went to the oem parts catalog and discovered that, no such color exists (oem parts-wise). It's Ivory Metallic there - which matches what a third-party supplier calls it, and it even goes by the quoted brp paint code of B390

If you're doing touch ups, and the shade is off a bit, you'll be hating yourself if you use it. That spot you touched up was driving you nuts before, and it'll drive you even more batty if you botched the repair with an off shade...at least, it would me...

It *is* interesting that you got a match with VHT paint. That's Very High Temperature paint, usually for engines, but if it matches and looks good, why not?

Spyder Garage

Thank you so much people.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for this info. Why it should be so hard to find is ridiculous. I guess if we had known what the colors were called and the discrepancy, that would resolve a lot. Glad someone finally responded with info.

Spyder Garage

Well I order some from here, and will let you know. https://scratcheshappen.com/shop/unc...ouch-up-paint/
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome
    Champagne Metallic Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

Sent pm.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SuperG View Post
    Not really. There is always a chance that something there would come to a close match ( in an automotive store) but I would have to bring in a sample painted piece with me to do side-by-side comparison. The only way I would buy paint online is by Mfr paint code or a cross reference to it. On this, I did search, but no match on "Champagne Metallic" - which is when I then went to the oem parts catalog and discovered that, no such color exists (oem parts-wise). It's Ivory Metallic there - which matches what a third-party supplier calls it, and it even goes by the quoted brp paint code of B390

If you're doing touch ups, and the shade is off a bit, you'll be hating yourself if you use it. That spot you touched up was driving you nuts before, and it'll drive you even more batty if you botched the repair with an off shade...at least, it would me...

It *is* interesting that you got a match with VHT paint. That's Very High Temperature paint, usually for engines, but if it matches and looks good, why not?
    Look at my previous Signature picture in "MY Albums". ( of my painted dashboard- solid).

I used Clear Coat over the VHT paint.

Deanna

Gremlin Bell
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Snoking1127 View Post
    Well I order some from here, and will let you know. https://scratcheshappen.com/shop/unc...ouch-up-paint/
    My touch up paint arrived today. Appears to be the correct color. Why they call it ivory is a mystery!
    2018 RT Limited - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix/ 2018 RT Limited Chrome

(Champagne/Hooker)Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Federal Formosa's front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zuno XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer up North and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM drivers backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with volt meter, dash cam, foam grips - magic mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.

Spyder Garage

BRP: B-390 Ivory matches the Champaign paint perfectly.

Spyder Garage

I could not find my color from Color Rite. I just ordered a touch up kit form a company called Scratch’s Happen. I don’t know anything about this company (I ordered today), but everything went smoothly. I’m extra cautious when ordering online and suppose I will know in a few days.

Poasttown;

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I found a Match for Cognac in a " VHT " spray paint ….. look at " Deanna777 " and post She makes has a Pic of Her dashboard ( which I painted ) ….. Mike
    The VHT colour is CSP402 Burnt Copper. I used it on my dash as well.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

I have an update on my order from Scratches Happen. I received my order today and the kit I ordered (Phoenix Orange) included a half oz. of the paint, half oz. primer, half oz. clear coat, a pair of rubber gloves and a packet of various applicators, plus a sheet to practice and/or test the color match. Just what I ordered and the color in the bottle looks correct. I will apply in the next few days.

Poasttown
    2019 F3L