Spyder Garage

Default Northern Tool tag along trailer now on sale $399.99

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...2633_200692633 Passing this along for those looking for a cheap pull behind trailer. Thinking about trying one for myself.
    2018 F3s, 2016 versys 650LT, 2001 concours 1000

Spyder Garage

I would make sure the tires can handle highway speeds.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jackhartjr View Post
    I would make sure the tires can handle highway speeds.
    Install Bearing Buddies. They help to prevent failures.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mully View Post
    https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...2633_200692633 Passing this along for those looking for a cheap pull behind trailer. Thinking about trying one for myself.
    Just a comment to anyone considering this trailer …. ignore the 200 lbs for a Mtc. thing ……. Go by what the max recommended for your Spyder …. I believe that's 400. lbs ( total for trl. plus cargo )

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought one of these a couple of years ago when they were liquidating the last of their inventory. (They had DOT issues.) I paid $199 for one of four left in captivity. Its been a sweet pulling little trailer. I power greased the bearings until grease popped out everywhere so I'd know they were full. I installed indoor/outdoor carpet in the lower half of the trailer to keep contents from sliding back and forth. Then, I was off to the races. I've got over 500 miles on it so far with no issues at all. It packs groceries, golf clubs and other miscellaneous things too cumbersome to carry on the spyder. It does a great job and didn't cost an arm and a leg. I put an 8"x8" 12" long block of wood under the rear frame rail and I stand it up in the garage w/o it touching the floor and it saves space for the rest of the toys. You just have to secure the tongue to the wall with a piece of small rope to keep it steady and secure. I got an estimate of $200 to have it wrapped with a matching color of my spyder. Naah, don't think I'll do that. Black is ok.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Just a comment to anyone considering this trailer …. ignore the 200 lbs for a Mtc. thing ……. Go by what the max recommended for your Spyder …. I believe that's 400. lbs ( total for trl. plus cargo )
    I believe the trailer empty is approx. 150 lbs.

Spyder Garage

Very reasonable. If I didn't already have a 622, this would be a good choice..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Under the Q&A it says the speed rating is only 45 mph. I assume that just based on tires and if you put better tires on, you can pull up to 70 mph? Or is it based on bearing ratings?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You tend to get exactly what you pay for...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
    Under the Q&A it says the speed rating is only 45 mph. I assume that just based on tires and if you put better tires on, you can pull up to 70 mph? Or is it based on bearing ratings?
    I believe that figure is based on limits with max load. Yes, if I were to load it to 600 lbs and tow it across country I'd most definitely up grade the tires to 12"ers and maybe install better bearings. One other modification I did to my tag along was to remove one spring from each side. Gives it a little smother ride. Food for thought. I have one of HF's older larger trailers, a 4'x 8', and I built a 3' high plywood box to put on top of it. I it pulled back and forth from California to Idaho with a quad loaded on top of the box. On the way back to California I was also carrying two deer and two elk loaded in the box, all cut and wrapped of course, and I never had any issues with bearings or tires.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Or not. Like other folks, I don't like over paying for something but that's what we all do when we decide to buy a spyder. Right?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    This old saw ain't necessarily true Bob. One of the business hats I wore was selling cutlery to cooks and meat cutters. I have the habit of selling ONLY that which I would use myself, so I sold just one brand, Victorinox. That Swiss made cutlery is consistently the highest quality and yet, sells for a modest price. I could go into great deathlike as to why, but suffice it to say, one can not do any better than to buy a Victorinox knife. No, the German knives are not good quality anymore (they forgot how to put on a decent edge for one thing) and are way more expensive. So, Bob, sometimes the good stuff can cost a lot less.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mully View Post
    That is a good deal. You should also check your mail. I got a $50 off coupon for any purchase over $250. That would bring the price down even more.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    That is a good deal. You should also check your mail. I got a $50 off coupon for any purchase over $250. That would bring the price down even more.
    I cant find a 50.00 off coupon anywhere. Is there a code I can put in the cart.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

20190504_124907.jpg20190504_124739 (2).jpg20190505_120852.jpg
    Assembled the trailer. Has grease fittings on the hubs, took off hub grease caps and pump in synthetic wheel bearing grease thru grease fitting until it was all new then reinstalled grease caps.

Removed one leaf spring from each side. Added carpeting and eye bolts to hold body to frame and to bungee down luggage.

Came with a cooler rack that bolts to the tongue, not sure if i'm going to use it, seems like a lot of weight on the tongue.

Put 25 psi in the tires and took for a test run with about 100# load and tracks real good on the highway. Flew around some roundabouts and it hung right in there.

mully
    2018 F3s, 2016 versys 650LT, 2001 concours 1000

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I might wanna pull this behind a RS.
    Are those eBay hitch for RS made by showchrome any good?
    I don’t know if there is even an alternative.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

I bought one. We (members of Broken Arrow, Ok Spyders Riders) just returned from 430 mile trip to Eureka Springs, Arkansas- Spring Fling Motorcycle Event. It pulled just fine. A sticker on each wheel says not to exceed 55mph, OOPS I'm a bad boy.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

We had one and I had added the Eye Bolts inside as they really helped to bunjy things down so they did not bounce around. I pulled that trailer thousands of trouble free miles. For the price you can't beat it. We were trailer poor so I sold it and the guy that bought it has pulled it at least several thousand miles. My One and only issue was the looks of the trailer.
    Costal Ride with Rob 018.jpg Costal Ride with Rob 031.jpg
    2014 RTL , Black Currant

Spyder Garage

You might want to check the maximum MPH with those tires?? I thought i saw there was a limit of 55MPH??
    BIG F