Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Finally mounted Vredestein Quatrac5 tires on our 2014 RTL !!

Background - I bought these tires during the winter and was going to hold off installation for another few thousand miles on my ORIGINAL set of Kenda tires, which incidentally have 26,676 miles on them and still almost half the tread left, with no issues over the last 41/2 years.....just my experience, people.

HOWEVER...looking at our plans for extended summer trips this year, and realizing I "probably" won't wear out the NEW tires during my remaining riding years, I decided to swap tires last Saturday at a local tire shop. They removed my old tires (which they disposed of also), installed the 2 new Vredestein Quatrac5 tires, and spin balanced them for $20 total cost. I returned home and put them on our I torqued the nuts to 75FTLBs.

Today, after confirming I had put 15PSI in each (which was recommended by Blueknight911), we went for a 100 mile ride on highway, city, and country roads. Speeds from 0-67mph...depending of course on where we were I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW IMPRESSED I WAS WITH THE DIFFERENCE I WAS FEELING WITH THESE TIRES ! Just the act of turning the wheels or holding steady at any speed seemed so much easier, and the road noise was so much quieter too! The accuracy of the spin balance job also was evident in that I had NO vibration at any speed - something I did have a little of before. Not a lot, but I did notice it at times. My soul mate also agreed the ride overall "felt" much softer. I am now looking forward to many many miles of worry free and safe riding on these tires

Finally, I want to thank Blueknight911 for all his inputs to me on this subject. I know I asked way too many times, way too many questions, but he always took the time to explain to me what I needed to know and understand. Thanks again Mike
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Tires sound great. What size did you put on?
    Jim

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was glad to share what I knew about those tires..... I'm very glad you like them, I didn't really think you might not ….. Also your compliments were much appreciated ...………. Enjoy - ride safe - ride happy …… Mike

Spyder Garage

175/55r15
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by teninospyder View Post
    175/55r15
    ...……… I see you have the new style fenders …. obviously there weren't any fitment issues, but I didn't think there would be …… IF you happen to get caught in the rain or wet roads please let us know how they handle under wet conditions …… Mike Mike

Spyder Garage

Will do.
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

We have the Vredestein tires on all three wheels. Mike will never steer you wrong when it comes to tires. Awesome handling in dry weather. Rain? Haven't ridden in it yet. Still experimenting with air pressures. I think I'm at 18 in front and 25 in back. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I have them on the fronts and have ridden in the rain (quite often last year), and they handle great. When the S-drive rear wears out I hope to find a Vredestein that fits. I currently run 18# in all three.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    I have them on the fronts and have ridden in the rain (quite often last year), and they handle great. When the S-drive rear wears out I hope to find a Vredestein that fits. I currently run 18# in all three.
    Vredestein tires for the rear --- they make these 205/65 … 205/60 … & 215/65 ….all in 15 inch...…. the F-3 MIGHT have clearance issue with the 215/65-15 size, BUT I think some small spacers for the rear fender would fix that …… Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Vredestein tires for the rear --- they make these 205/65 … 205/60 … & 215/65 ….all in 15 inch...…. the F-3 MIGHT have clearance issue with the 215/65-15 size, BUT I think some small spacers for the rear fender would fix that …… Mike
    Mike,

I plan on the 205/60, but the challange is finding someone who carries them at the time of need.

Les

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Mike,

I plan on the 205/60, but the challange is finding someone who carries them at the time of need.

Les
    Got all three at Tirerack. Great prices, no sales tax. Free delivery! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    Got all three at Tirerack. Great prices, no sales tax. Free delivery! Tom
    At this time they do not have the 205/60R15, but hopefully will have it when I need it.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

At this time they do not have the 205/60R15, but hopefully will have it when I need it.
    There is an AGE related concern about the longevity of them ( even when stored )…… you don't want to store a tire for a couple years if it can be avoided ……….. but you probably know your average yearly miles driven, so use that to prepare for a New one …… good luck … Mike

Spyder Garage

Looks like I will be needing a new rear tire in a couple of months, so I ordered one from Valcan Tire in the size 205/60R15. It`s a special order and may take 6 weeks to get. Total cost is $98.33. When you only order 1 tire they charge a $5.00 fee, but no sales tax which covers that fee + the shipping charge.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Looks like I will be needing a new rear tire in a couple of months, so I ordered one from Valcan Tire in the size 205/60R15. It`s a special order and may take 6 weeks to get. Total cost is $98.33. When you only order 1 tire they charge a $5.00 fee, but no sales tax which covers that fee + the shipping charge.
    ..Glad you found a source ….. Just curious - why didn't you get the 215/65-15 ????? ……………………..Mike

Spyder Garage

I like the 60 for how close it brings my speedo to my GPS. Size 65 would take it over, and reduce the clearance from the fender. I ran size 205/60 tires on our RT with great success.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

I like the 60 for how close it brings my speedo to my GPS. Size 65 would take it over, and reduce the clearance from the fender. I ran size 205/60 tires on our RT with great success.
    Thanks - that makes sense ...……………………...Mike

Spyder Garage

I was looking for the 215 today and had no luck, went to Vredestein website they don't list to 215 seems they stop at 205.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    I was looking for the 215 today and had no luck, went to Vredestein website they don't list to 215 seems they stop at 205.
    The Official Vredestein Website does list the 215/65-15 as a size they make in the ….Quatrac 5 model …… wether it's available in another model they make I can't say ….. Mike ...…………. PS I'm pretty sure I have read some of the Aussie's have used this size on their RT's ….

Spyder Garage

Thank Mike, I was on this site, https://www.vredestein.com and the drop down stops at 205 ill keep searching. Should get the 175/55/15 delivered today and since I only have 2000 miles on the clock I have time to find the rear.
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chasinsparks View Post
    Thank Mike, I was on this site, https://www.vredestein.com and the drop down stops at 205 ill keep searching. Should get the 175/55/15 delivered today and since I only have 2000 miles on the clock I have time to find the rear.
    Use this search …. google - Find Car, SUV and Van Tires|Vredestein ….. at the bottom of what's written is View all Vredestein tires …… that will get you to where they list the models they sell - look for Quatrac 5 ….. then use 15 inch size …. and they list 129 sizes …… Mike

Spyder Garage

The Sportrac comes in a 215 size and is actually better rated in the rain, however, I think you will have a difficult time
    finding them in the US. For some reason, no one is mentioning these...
    I installed the Quatrac on all 3 and like them alot. I do wish the rear were wider as I believe it would look better.
    I have been out in torrential rain and did slide a little ... I believe I would have slid with any tire in the rain I was in with the standing water!

Spyder Garage

btw - I have experimented with # air and currently running 18# front and 22# rear and that seems to be the magic
    formula for me. F3T

Spyder Garage

Tom,
    I would lower the rear tire pressure a little. Mine spun out right after I had it installed. They had put 28# and it was a very light rain.
    I am currently running 22# in the rear and it feels good!
    Jeff

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffmal View Post
    Tom,
    I would lower the rear tire pressure a little. Mine spun out right after I had it installed. They had put 28# and it was a very light rain.
    I am currently running 22# in the rear and it feels good!
    Jeff
    If you think 22# is good try 18#. That been working fantastic for my F3.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue