Spyder Garage

Default Add insult to injury.....

I know an old saying on the ryde home from the "Meet and Greet" mentioned in my other thread, I was crusing along about 80 mph went I crossed the joint between lanes the back end did a wiggle not uncommon around here but the spyder then tossed out the "check engine light", "check DPS", and a VSS followed by a "Limp home" and the engine cut out till the rpms dropped low enough to please the Nanny. So I shut her off pulled the key and waved it over my head a few times and re-inserted it flipped it on and released the clutch. This always gets rid of the limp home mode and I rode on home with the check DPS and engine light. Once I got home shut everthing down and let the computers reset and now everthing is back to normal....I think my new gremlin bell is on the blink...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    I know an old saying on the ryde home from the "Meet and Greet" mentioned in my other thread, I was crusing along about 80 mph went I crossed the joint between lanes the back end did a wiggle not uncommon around here but the spyder then tossed out the "check engine light", "check DPS", and a VSS followed by a "Limp home" and the engine cut out till the rpms dropped low enough to please the Nanny. So I shut her off pulled the key and waved it over my head a few times and re-inserted it flipped it on and released the clutch. This always gets rid of the limp home mode and I rode on home with the check DPS and engine light. Once I got home shut everthing down and let the computers reset and now everthing is back to normal....I think my new gremlin bell is on the blink...
    I had a ( sort of ) similar issue with my ( new to me ) Toyt. Sienna ….. Started the car the other day and saw bopth the " check engine " light and the " VSC " light ….. went to U-tube and found a bunch of answers that involved changing the O 2 sensors …. also the check the Gas cap …. I tried the gas cap - that didn't change anything ….. I wasn't hto to do the Sensors …. then I remembered something that worked for Spyders ….. I removed + / - battery terminals …. touched them together ….. and waited 15 min. -.... touched them together again and re-connected …… WA LA no more sensor Lamps ...…………. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    I had a ( sort of ) similar issue with my ( new to me ) Toyt. Sienna ….. Started the car the other day and saw bopth the " check engine " light and the " VSC " light ….. went to U-tube and found a bunch of answers that involved changing the O 2 sensors …. also the check the Gas cap …. I tried the gas cap - that didn't change anything ….. I wasn't hto to do the Sensors …. then I remembered something that worked for Spyders ….. I removed + / - battery terminals …. touched them together ….. and waited 15 min. -.... touched them together again and re-connected …… WA LA no more sensor Lamps ...…………. Mike
    Mike...greatest tool for your car is the "FIXD" code reader. Works with your phone on any modern vehicle with the plug
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gene
    Have you ever had your steering angle sensor checked to make sure that it's properly calibrated?
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Gene
    Have you ever had your steering angle sensor checked to make sure that it's properly calibrated?
    With the last alignment. But I have set off the VSS several times as it does not like emergency stops, long sweeping banked turns and the wiggles... But it clears quickly without even stopping if the road permits...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    Mike...greatest tool for your car is the "FIXD" code reader. Works with your phone on any modern vehicle with the plug
    On your recommendation I looked into this thing ….. short answer I'm buying Two 9 so I get one at 1/2 price ) …… Thanks … Mike

Spyder Garage

Just put a piece of tape over the light.
    2018 F3 , Full size brake pedal Black